Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I've been playing beta extensively since xmas. The cost for stuff didn't multiply by 10x, it's the same it always inflated, perhaps a 25%-33% increase in costs for stuff and the same for the rewards you get.

I actually expect it to be less, because a lot of gold will start to vanish from the world once Legion launches. People will be pouring millions into buying spider mounts and other extravagant money dumps. Gold will become a lot sparser.
    I never said the cost of stuff would multiply by ten.. I just said that getting 4k will be as easy as getting 400 gold currently. On my realm during the first tier of MoP, the epic boe world loots were selling for 40k. In the first tier of WoD, the epic were selling for 45k/50k on the same realm. And we all know how easier it was to make money in WoD.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Yes, I'll certainly will spam dungeons and world quests to farm order resources and ignore the artifacts research just to get 1k gold. /sarcasm

Well to be fair not all class halls have so many increase mission % chances in their upgrade tree=)
    For example 2nd druid tier have 20% mission duration time decrease (no 15% chance increase)
    3rd tier - instead of gaining follower upgrades from work orders - they have "There is a chance to receive follower upgrades from successfull missions". So it will take longer time to upgrade them to that ilvl as in the video.
    5th tier - instead of completing 1 world quest, druids have 3rd troop minion - ancient of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Oh boy, looks like I'll have just enough to pay off my weekly raid repair tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post

With the amount of times I wiped sometimes I would barely make a profit :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I'm fine with the passive gold. Remember that with the way Professions work in Legion you will need much more mats (which are NOT "free") and you will be spending a lot more gold upgrading your gear with Obliterum. In other words, I have serious doubts that the passive income from Order Halls will be enough unless you're very casual, and if you are then why do you care ?
    Passive gold only makes a difference when you're buying from vendors with fixed prices. AH prices will just inflate.

I felt sick just seeing the follower ui again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold has little to no meaning anymore because of Garrisons. You have the people who had 10 characters and used all of their garrisons to farm gold and those who didn't. To them gold has no value other than to repair your gear and buy shit for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So tons of money. You can do maybe 2 or those quests per 12hours. For what 4k gold ? In 12h you can make way more than that just by playing the game.

Also 4k gold is not the same in Legion as it is in WoD. 4k gold in legion is the same as 400 gold in wod.
    Doubt it. I am pretty sure gold will actually be deflated in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Doubt it. I am pretty sure gold will actually be deflated in legion.
    lol.........

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    lol.........
    ? You know how much garrison caused gold to inflate? And with them gone in legion gold will be deflated from that point?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    ? You know how much garrison caused gold to inflate? And with them gone in legion gold will be deflated from that point?
    The people who ran a dozen or even two dozen garrisons and raked in easy money will be making far less.

But the average player will be making a lot more from just doing basic content. WoD had very little profitable current content besides the garrison. But for the average player with one or a few max level toons, their income will be going up in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The people who ran a dozen or even two dozen garrisons and raked in easy money will be making far less.

But the average player will be making a lot more from just doing basic content. WoD had very little profitable current content besides the garrison. But for the average player with one or a few max level toons, their income will be going up in Legion.

Really doubt it. You didnt need to have more than one character to make atleast 1k/2k gold per day with garrison, daily profession CD. You just needed to login. Legion's profession take work, and gold will be harder to make in WOD.

Ofcourse only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Except for vanity items, what actually costs gold in legion?
    Game Time.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the left side of the first rank of the class order hall research (e.g. on Demon Hunter "Well prepared") also gives an increase for item upgrade from world quests? Or do world quests count as repeatable quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, I'll certainly will spam dungeons and world quests to farm order resources and ignore the artifacts research just to get 1k gold. /sarcasm
    Atrifact knowledge research costs 500 resources and takes 5 days to complete (if you keep on top of it, i.e. keep your research running from shortly after launch). World quests with resource reward give around 400 resources, so keeping your research going will be no problem whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...all-over-again

TL/DR: no, it's not remotely comparable to WoD. I was afraid of this at first too, but those youtube clips are mostly clickbait and not very informative. You *can* get 2k or whatever from one of those missions, BUT:

- those missions are very rare, and most days you either get very low gold yield missions or maybe none at all
    - you have far fewer missions and followers, and can only send 3-4 a day
    - missions cost a LOT of order resources, especially the rare ones with better rewards. You do NOT get order resources for free passively in Legion, ergo any mission you send ALWAYS has active playtime tied to it
    - over the course of Beta it has become apparent that you earn very little gold from missions. On active characters you will never want to prioritize gold missions over artifact XP or other rewards, overall you don't earn much gold from them, and they require significant time investment to send them. Let's say you wanted to send 12 gold missions on 12 characters. That means you need to go get the resources on 12 characters. That's a lot of time. It's basically the same as doing daily quests on 12 characters, so it's basically just a reward you can choose for the time you spent.

In short, no, there is no more free gold for doing nothing, and the gold you do get from missions is far, far less than what we got from Garrisons.

Does anyone know if there is a system in place again, that reduces mission amounts on your second and third character and so on?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Oh god, i was hoping we were done with alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a system in place again, that reduces mission amounts on your second and third character and so on?
    Amounts? Do mean the amount of gold? There is no such system, but there are presumably shared timers again, if you mean that. As in, you won't be getting a 1k gold mission on every character on one day for example. It will be a lot less gold and rares than in WoD. Think WoD missions post gold nerf, but far fewer missions and they spawn less frequently - and you don't get free resources to send them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I can't believe blizzard even put gold missions in again. What a bunch of retards..
    I initially had the same kind of "wtf" reaction, but trust me, it's nothing like WoD.
    You simply do not get gold on alts for nothing.