Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Maybe it's just too old. I mean come on, Legion will have tiers 19, 20 and possibly 21. How many can you do before you get bored? I had enough with T13 - T18. I'm not going to raid ever again. Possibly quitting wow for good.
    I've been raiding since classic, the raids in general are only getting better. It's the rest of the game that Blizzard are struggling with (at least in WOD, hopefully Legion will have a go at fixing that).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Because one should entertain the idea that the cost to create enough content to try and keep people around for an extra month or two is less than the revenue they gain if people stay for an extra bit, i.e. more profit.

That's why.

You can't seriously be saying that if you have five products you simply abandon development on all except the most profitable one? Pure business is finding ways to generate more profit from all existing products, not just the most profitable one of the moment.
    Yeah I know. (seriously, I know it from my experience)

In business you're focusing more on a things that require less work, but gives higher profits. Of course if you have other sources of income(even if they're worse proportionaly), you're still focusing on them, because - money.

I just said that I fear someday Blizzard will start to focus more on p2w games, or free games, such as HOTS, instead of WoW or Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Maybe it's just too old. I mean come on, Legion will have tiers 19, 20 and possibly 21. How many can you do before you get bored? I had enough with T13 - T18. I'm not going to raid ever again. Possibly quitting wow for good.
    Nah it's not too old. WoD was just shit in almost every aspect apart from raiding. No content updates. No problems fixed, just abandoned. Only addicted nerds like me stuck it out for the garrison gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Example 2: they reported subs for WoW when they were high, then they stopped reporting them when they fell into oblivion because "sub numbers aren't a useful metric". But then they had Overwatch and - surprise - numbers of people who bought the game are again reported despite not being "a useful metric", because they are reasonably high.
    There is a whole lot of comparing Overwatch box sales to WoW subscriptions going on not only in the quote but in the thread. Anyone with even a lick of common sense knows that box sales for a brand new game and subscription numbers for a game that's been around for longer than 10 years don't have a lot to do with each other. If you have an argument to make, make a smart one. This isn't it. Any sort of comparison between a new game and a game that's been out long enough for nearly everyone with any interest to try is less a search for truth and more something else.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There is a whole lot of comparing Overwatch box sales to WoW subscriptions going on not only in the quote but in the thread. Anyone with even a lick of common sense knows that box sales for a brand new game and subscription numbers for a game that's been around for longer than 10 years don't have a lot to do with each other. If you have an argument to make, make a smart one. This isn't it. Any sort of comparison between a new game and a game that's been out long enough for nearly everyone with any interest to try is less a search for truth and more something else.
    Who's talking about taking the number of sold boxes for Overwatch and comparing it to the number of subs for WoW??? I didn't say anything like it.

I am saying that both numbers are equally important (in fact, more important for WoW than for Overwatch due to the differences in payment models), but Blizzard are reporting one number and withholding the other, because one number is big and the other is small.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

WoD was the closest thing we had to TBC and WoTLK
    Please elaborate...because I see no resemblance in WoD to TBC...If anything Mists was alot closer to TBC and even WotLK.

Then again it IS Jaylock so I don't expect anything other then unsubstantiated claims and poor bait.
    Last edited by velren; 2016-08-09 at 12:25 AM.

But all that money aint going to developing WoW, its to HS and Overwatch