Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Not really, the worgen are invulerable against the plague.
    Because of the weak strain the HORDE gave her to use.

There's still the humans of Stromgarde in the south, and the dwarves rule the Hinterlands. I mean there's more than enough parties that would be interested in fighting a war for that continent. The worgen, the dwarves, Stromgarde humans, the remains of the Lordaeron humans.
    You mean the Stormgarde humans killed and resurrected by Galen during his takeover of the place? And then wiped out by the Ebon Blade?

Varian showed intents to go and restore Gilneas after Garrosh's capture, but ofcourse it was just another plot point that never saw fruition because Blizzard are Horde fanboys
    Or because Iron Horde attacked shortly after and Alliance had better things to do that reignite the fires of war. But better check if Hollinka is not hiding in your closet, just to make sure.

Those acid bombs are not an invincible weapon tho, there are ways to deal with them. The simplest solution (honestly) would be gas masks.
    Do you have any idea how acid works?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the worgen are invulerable against the plague. They can't be turned. And in the Silverpine storyline it's shown the worgen made a pretty good effort of pushing Sylvanas back even without Genn and the rest.
    get your lore straight.
    the forsaken plague is basically just an acid bomb, it doesnt turn people into undead and the worgen arent invulnerable or immune to undeath just resistant to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    he clearly doesnt if he thinks a gas mask is gonna help.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pop some poison resist potions.

See my previous posts, the Forsaken aren't citizens of Lordaeron any longer.
    Why? They still live there. They haven't left. They haven't abandoned their homeland to live in some foreign nation for decades. They've bled and died to defend their soil.

They're just monstrosities with a warped mind.
    Following this fucking stupid line of reasoning, every single worgen should just forget about reclaiming gilneas. They are not really gilnean citizens, they're just cursed monstrosities with a warped mind.

Ohhh wait.......

If the Argent Crusade didn't care about Lordaeron they wouldn't have taken Hearthglen.
    I never said they don't care about lordaeron. I said they're no longer lordaeronian citizens. What part of "you have to forsake all allegiances and affiliations to any kingdom before joining" wasn't clear to you?

Do YOU see any of the orcs in the crusade display any patriotism over orgrimmar? Do you see any of the dwarves in the crusade obeying the orders of the Bronzebeard family? Do you see any of the forsaken in the crusade obeying the orders of sylvanas? No? that's why. Because the orcs in the crusade are not citizens of orgrimmar anymore. The Taurens in the crusade are no longer citizens of thunder bluff. The Dwarves in the crusade are no longer citizens of ironforge.

And more importantly: The humans in the crusade are no longer citizens of either lordaeron nor stormwind, nor any of the other human nations.

As for what lands they care about, they care about ALL of azeroth. They don't display favoritisms to any particular kingdom, nor do they put priorities on one land over the other. They took stratholme because it was under scourge occupation. They took Hearthglenn (Which BTW, was previously inhabited by Scarlet Crusaders..... who in your mind are "true patriots") because it was also under the occupation of an evil force. The duty of the crusade is to protect azeroth from evil. Not to play favorites in kingdom politics.

Clearly there are some patriots who still give a shit.
    They didn't do their actions out of patriotism, but because every single member of the crusade has taken a vow to fight evil wherever it takes root. You think patriotism drove the crusade to charge headfirst into the broken shore? Think again.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because of the weak strain the HORDE gave her to use.
    The Horde forbid the use of the plague outright, and she used it regardless.

Those acid bombs are not an invincible weapon tho, there are ways to deal with them. The simplest solution (honestly) would be gas masks.
    yes but do you really think the alliance has enough gas masks?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You mean the Stormgarde humans killed and resurrected by Galen during his takeover of the place? And then wiped out by the Ebon Blade?

Or because Iron Horde attacked shortly after and Alliance had better things to do that reignite the fires of war. But better check if Hollinka is not hiding in your closet, just to make sure.
    I mean any Stromgarde humans who still live. I don't know what Stromgarde in Legion looks like exactly, but I doubt there are no more human survivors entirely.

The Iron Horde wasn't that big a threat. Once they were pushed back inside the Dark Portal, it was closed in five minutes and that was that. Varian did jack shit for the rest of the expansion.

Thank god I was wearing my gas mask!
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I know gas masks work against poison gas, and since the Forsaken in the Wrath Gate cinematic are seen wearing gas masks, I assume it's a valid solution.

Not really, the worgen are invulerable against the plague.
    Wrong. This is a common misconception. The worgens are just as vulnerable to the plague as anyone else. What they are immune against, is the necromantic magic of the Val'kyrs. The valks can only ress vrykuls, and humans (As the latter descend from the former). This is why the SI:7 sent exclusively non-humans to pyrewood (Dwarves, elves, gnomes, and worgens), because they wanted to deny sylvanas access to human corpses.

This doesn't mean these non-human races are immune to the plague. They are as vulnerable to it as forsaken themselves, as they designed the plague to be harmful to both living and dead (See when they used it against the lich king in the warthgate)

And in the Silverpine storyline it's shown the worgen made a pretty good effort of pushing Sylvanas back even without Genn and the rest.
    Correction: They made an ATTEMPT, and then they were beaten back. HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Thank god I was wearing my gas mask!
    I dont think acid is going to hurt that guy.

And its not because of gas mask.

A couple years maybe. Sylvanas isn't that strong and the Forsaken aren't good at extended warfare against overwhelming numbers.
    They aren't? And why is that? Because they need little in terms of supply lines? Because they do not sleep or tire? Because they do not need food? Because they can replenish their army with fallen humans (i.e. primary Alliance force)? Because they have one of the strongest weapons available? Because they have a strong navy that can block the (very few) landing spots available? Because they contributed almost nothing to Horde campaigns since 4.0 and (combined with not needing to sleep or eat) had all the time in the world to fortify the shit out of their positions? It's the opposite, the Forsaken are one of the best, if not the best race at extended warfare and their weaponry also solves overwhelming numbers issues (especially if they feel like they are starting to lose, decide to fuck it and use the scorched earth tactic on steroids - Blighted earth).

Except they do because Calia is technically queen of Lordaeron. Sylvanas, having been a high elf in life, has no claim to that land whatsoever and any Lordaeron citizen undead or otherwise who follows her is a traitor.
    Except Calia has never been crowned. Hell, it's not even known if women could inherit in Menethils' Lordaeron. And Sylvanas has claim through right of conquest. It's also hard to betray a kingdom that ceased to exist.

I know gas masks work against poison gas, and since the Forsaken in the Wrath Gate cinematic are seen wearing gas masks, I assume it's a valid solution.
    The forsaken wear gas masks to avoid poisoning by the fumes. But if a vat of blight falls on you, unless you're wearing a pretty sturdy hazmat suit, you're more or less FUBAR.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Hunt_For_Sylvanas

General Warhowl says: It appears as if you're losing control of Gilneas, Sylvanas. Garrosh fears he's going to have to carry out this invasion himself.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: You can assure Garrosh that this is a minor setback. Our victory in Gilneas will be absolute.
    General Warhowl says: You sound very confident, your Majesty. I seriously hope you do not plan to use the Plague. Garrosh has explicitly forbidden it.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: You'd do well to watch your tone, General. Neither you nor Garrosh have anything to worry about. We've ceased all production of the Plague, as he ordered. We'd never deploy it without his permission.
    General Warhowl says: I will deliver my report to our leader, then. By your leave, my lady.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Go with honor, General.
    Warhowl exits the cathedral.
    High Executor Crenshaw says: My Lady! Should I order my men to stop development of the Plague? Or are we to continue as planned?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: What kind of question is that? Of course we're deploying the Plague as planned! Let the Gilneans enjoy their small victory. Not even their bones will remain by tomorrow.
    High Executor Crenshaw says: As you wish!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    What they are immune against, is the necromantic magic of the Val'kyrs. The valks can only ress vrykuls, and humans (As the latter descend from the former).
    Worgen are not immune, they're resistant. Sylvanas and her val'kyr are not as powerful as the Lich King in necromancy, however she has grown in power since the Silverpine quests and can raise more than just humans.

- - - Updated - - -

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Hunt_For_Sylvanas

General Warhowl says: It appears as if you're losing control of Gilneas, Sylvanas. Garrosh fears he's going to have to carry out this invasion himself.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: You can assure Garrosh that this is a minor setback. Our victory in Gilneas will be absolute.
    General Warhowl says: You sound very confident, your Majesty. I seriously hope you do not plan to use the Plague. Garrosh has explicitly forbidden it.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: You'd do well to watch your tone, General. Neither you nor Garrosh have anything to worry about. We've ceased all production of the Plague, as he ordered. We'd never deploy it without his permission.
    General Warhowl says: I will deliver my report to our leader, then. By your leave, my lady.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Go with honor, General.
    Warhowl exits the cathedral.
    High Executor Crenshaw says: My Lady! Should I order my men to stop development of the Plague? Or are we to continue as planned?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: What kind of question is that? Of course we're deploying the Plague as planned! Let the Gilneans enjoy their small victory. Not even their bones will remain by tomorrow.
    High Executor Crenshaw says: As you wish!
    And then the Horde gave Sylvanas plague to weaponize...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Worgen are not immune, they're resistant. Sylvanas and her val'kyr are not as powerful as the Lich King in necromancy, however she has grown in power since the Silverpine quests and can raise more than just humans.
    There is certainly the implication that she intended to resurrect Lor'themar and his mages, which implies that she has the means to do so.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Wrong. This is a common misconception. The worgens are just as vulnerable to the plague as anyone else. What they are immune against, is the necromantic magic of the Val'kyrs. The valks can only ress vrykuls, and humans (As the latter descend from the former). This is why the SI:7 sent exclusively non-humans to pyrewood (Dwarves, elves, gnomes, and worgens), because they wanted to deny sylvanas access to human corpses.

This doesn't mean these non-human races are immune to the plague. They are as vulnerable to it as forsaken themselves, as they designed the plague to be harmful to both living and dead (See when they used it against the lich king in the warthgate)

Correction: They made an ATTEMPT, and then they were beaten back. HARD.
    They weren't beaten back, they ceased the fight because Crowley was a coward.