Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    When there's a question "why aren't feminists fighting for Muslim women", the answer is what I said. She's talking about COMMON Western feminists.
    What is a "common Western feminist"? Is it the same stereotypical generalization as a "common Asian gamer"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Are those people not Christians because they chose to actually believe the garbage sections of the Bible?
    Where did this question come from? No, they are Christians. Doesn't mean they represent Christians as a whole, let alone Christianity.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Muslim women?
    Do you imply that women in the Islamic world are oppressed?

Urgh, how dare you, Islamophobe!
    Urgh!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What is a "common Western feminist"? Is it the same stereotypical generalization as a "common Asian gamer"?

Where did this question come from? No, they are Christians. Doesn't mean they represent Christians as a whole, let alone Christianity.
    You said I wasn't talking about Christians. And, according to politicians that wanted to ride the tide, Christianity had posed a large threat to progressive ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No such thing as 'should'. It is merely opinion that one believes contemporary Feminism should be concerned with such primarily. As Feminism has largely gone a different way in the most current conception.
    And what has it accomplished since deviating? Exactly. There is such a thing as "should", and there are absolutes. Not everything is subjective, especially when it comes to being treated as a human being.

Deleted
    Why don't you ask Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

You said I wasn't talking about Christians. And, according to politicians that wanted to ride the tide, Christianity had posed a large threat to progressive ideals.
    Jesus was considered progressive during his life on Earth. Works-based religions and Christianity are two very, very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Jesus was considered progressive during his life on Earth. Works-based religions and Christianity are two very, very different things.
    There's a reason the kind of people that site the Sanctity of marriage thing ignore Jesus's direct command to his followers to never divorce unless it is to give their life to him.

Jesus had some great ideas. They tend to run counter to political christians who scare some genuinely good people that want to go to heaven into following garbage ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Evangelical atheism rofl. That pretty much sums up your side of the argument, Wells. Just a series of memes about Atheists with no substance.
    If you've got a better term for wanting to get rid of religion by all means, but its rather stupid of you to edit out most of every post and then complain about a lack of substance.

Because they are a bunch of backwards cunts that like to attack the people that CAN help Muslim women and just want to get all the attention while the real victims suffer. Self-righteous, Spoiled Bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christianity doesn't pose a threat to anything. Aggressive pushing it through does, as does aggressive pushing through of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Why don't you ask Ayaan Hirsi Ali?
    I'm asking you, because you used that term.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    "No, feminists do not fight for Muslim women, because tumblirites do not"
    This only falls apart if tumblerites are not representative of the feminist movement (sadly, it is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    This only falls apart if tumblerites are not representative of the feminist movement (sadly, it is).
    They represent every single feminist? Really? Bruh...

They represent every single feminist? Really? Bruh...
    Ironic, when I see someone say this very line about Gamergate, its mocked on these very boards.. but when its about feminism, well... suddenly...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    And what has it accomplished since deviating?
    Culture change.

There is such a thing as "should", and there are absolutes. Not everything is subjective, especially when it comes to being treated as a human being.
    Nonsense. All value attribution is subjective. That is exactly Ali's point, that we (weaterners) have to be willing to pass judgement on barbarism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Ironic, when I see someone say this very line about Gamergate, its mocked on these very boards.. but when its about feminism, well... suddenly...
    Maybe, just maybe, it is different people saying that? I don't even know what Gamergate is, so...

Maybe, just maybe, it is different people saying that? I don't even know what Gamergate is, so...
    Gamergate is about ethics in journalism.

Why would Western feminists fight for Muslim women? They only begrudgingly fought for Black women, let alone Asian women.

Deleted
    I used to be a feminist.. and still am in some issues but I absolutely refuse to identify as one because of the hypocrisy. Modern feminists just whine about things that arent important or arent true and ignore the real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's almost unfair, right? But how can you "teach men not to rape" if you don't treat them as a monolith?
    We should always carefully split men into the ones we want to teach not to rape and those we want to teach it's okay to.

It's easy to remember, the latter group is the ones in sports jerseys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Gamergate is about ethics in journalism.
    Hahahaha, never gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hahahaha, never gets old.
    Exactly my point. Can't treat one group as a monolith while getting offended when someone treats all feminists as a monolith.