Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've been playing a DK since Wrath pretty faithfully but over time the changes to the spec have been driving me more and more away from the class. I don't really like the newer iteration of DK all that much, especially for Blood which I find has a very slow play-style that relies on the artifact too much right now.

While Vengeance isn't perfect, compared to the other tank specs it feels much more active and visceral with its animations and gameplay, with the artifact really just adding more utility and interesting procs (like dipping into meta form when eating souls), especially when compared to Prot Paladin, Bear, and Brewmaster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quende View Post
    you should see a doctor your evil maybe he can help you!!

anyway you can always play 3 of them? i'm maining restoration druid and also a mage so it is all posibile
    I usually play four classes. A tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and a healer. However for the time being I will likely focus on two for a good while. DH and warlock I am thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'll get both my Frost DK to max, and what ever spec DH to max, then pick what one of the two I like better.
    I am doing exactly this. I can't decide yet.

Deleted
    after recent unholy nerfs im kinda torn apart. I'd stick to warrior if I liked fury more but its survivability kinda sucks. Self healing is too low, you take too much dmg etc. DK class story is kinda os most interesting to me ...and Unholy in general is a cool iteration. However, i wanna deal lots of dmg, not piss poor dmg. and thats what it sometimes feels like.

SO i cant decide yet. Like blood, but it lacks a serious dmg reducion skill. might come later with artifact, cant tell really. will see.

Im keeping my RetPal (playing it since 2.6), even if I dont like it much now, maybe the legendary weapon will help. I'll try the DH class for sure, but it won't be my main. I already have every character lvl100 720 ilvl min, only the DH is missing. 5 more days to try it out on an overpopulated server!

Deleted
    It's a great class but I'm sticking with my Monk.

The Fel Rush ability has me torn, it's great for mobility and levelling but sucks balls on a statick boss, charging away from the combat and even using Felblade to jump back feels odd and I don't want to be stuck in the 'if you aren't constantly Fel Rushing you suck' king of situation, it all feels forced.

Real great class though, the double jump and glide is so awesome and the tanking spec feels nice too. Definitely my first alt in legion regardless.

After playing both specs on Beta I'll probably take DH to 110 first. The Lore and gameplay are just amazing IMO, and I thoroughly enjoy the combat. After getting my DH to 100 though I'm not sure if I'll main it or return to one of my other classes. I like so many ... =(

I liked the starting areas etc in Beta, but I won't play an elf, so I won't even roll one unless I decide to make a mailbox dancing bank toon out of one.

It's interesting to read how many people said they're going to main DH because they don't like what happened to their class. It's worth noting, though, that Demon Hunter is going to be relatively the same as other classes. Prot Pallys/Warriors, Blood DKs, and BrM should probably know that each of the tanks have undergone this weird transition and DH is no exception to that weird transition. The solo survivability has kind of just gone down a bit, for now anyway. It might be back to normal (ish) at 110 again. Either way, losing cooldowns, or losing self-heals, etc. is the same issue that DH will have as well. Most of you will likely be back on your classes you're switching from (I was guilty of it in WotLK on DK haha). The community acted the same way when DKs were coming out, used the same reasons for why they're switching to DKs, then realized DKs were the same and switched back.

The biggest perk to DH, and why I think there will probably be more of them for quite a while, is they start at level 98. That's pretty dang close to max level, especially considering how quick 100-110 is. Then, you only need a level 70 to make one (versus 55 for a DK that started at 55). That gives people the ability to skip 28 levels. That will probably be pretty big for people who like to server hop. Make a DK, go from 55-70, make a DH, go to 110. However, the level 100 boost that comes from buying the game can help mend that, assuming people stay on the server they boosted a character on. The population of DHs to other classes will level out, just as DKs did, but I do think that the higher population of DHs will last a pretty decent amount of time longer than the DK influx lasted.

I'm going to be maining a DH, but my reasons are a little different. I like the rogue-type classes in games, and Rogue never did it for me in this one. What little I played of the Beta, I felt like I was getting that class I enjoy playing in games. On top of that, I was too young to play at the launch of WoW, so I missed content that I will never be able to get again. DK came out, I was still a teenager with my brother paying for my account, so when he quit, I had to, making me miss stuff again. Now, I feel like I have the chance to get "everything" that will be available to a Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll decide as I play, since I haven't been able to try it yet.

Deleted
    Tried demo warlock in pre-patch. Didn't like it at all. Used to enjoy it a lot in MoP when I still played with the big arsenal of utility spells, instants, burst and aoe, but all that got removed.

Tried my shadow priest. I think they are in a pretty good spot right now, but they were a lot harder to play in Tbc-Cata, and I am starting to get tired of the long ramp-up time that actually is not very rewarding. I don't like their lvl 100 talents either. Will probably always be my fall back character, as I have always been progressing on this character since I quit in MoP.

Tried unholy and blood on my DK. I think unholy is in a pretty good spot, but I am really missing unholy pressence gcd reduction, and I think the rune system is a lot worse now. Also tired of tanking as blood. I would like some more mobility.

Wanted to try enhancement shaman here in pre-patch, so I used my lvl 100 boost on that. Enhancement shaman is super, fluid with good cooldowns, cleave and mobility, and it comes with an additional healing spec (which I am prefering relative to priest healing), and an ok-ish ranged spec.

Thinking of making either the enhancement shaman my main or DH depending on what I prefer. Would be nice with a tanking niche spec, and I miss demonology form. Both classes rely on the rogue-style playstyle, which I enjoy.

After having played a mage since TBC.....I think its time I choose a new class to play. DH will be my main come legion.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Hard to say... the lack of a healing spec suggest it likely wont be my main. Not because I think DH's should have a healing spec (they shouldn't) but because healing has always been my go-to role for PUG's.

Far too many (Melee) DPS competing for raid spots and Tanking Pugs is about the worst thing I've ever done in 11 years of WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just level it. I was considering making it my main when they first showed the class, but I'm seriously disappointed in how basic the class has stayed. I was hoping for much more depth, instead of a warrior 2.0 with even less CC.

I had hard time deciding what to pick for legion. Had headache from testing so many specs in beta that I could not stand playing beta anymore lol. But I decided to main DH. He have some flaws like momentum playstyle (i dont know yet If I like this or not), almost no depth in rotation (they are really basic, there wont be huge gap between amazing DH and average one) and few minor ones but overall I think I had most fun with DH in beta anyway.

Since DH's start at such a high level they will be my new farmer class. WELCOME TO THE BORG FAIL ELVES.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Tanking Pugs is about the worst thing I've ever done...
    ~ Dakara

This is one thing I don't like about tanking when I'm performing that role. Disobedient players in dungeon pugs and LFR; not always, but often enough to notice. I've raged so many times that I've given consideration to just being a DPS, although that comes with its own stresses too, such as waiting in queues for eternity and having to watch a possibly-incompetent tank screw up the run you're on.

By that above logic, I shouldn't play WoW at all. But the lore still interests me. Will I play a DH in Legion? As an alt, sure, but as a main? Maybe not.

Played a DPS warrior since vanilla but thinking hard about going havoc DH. Not a fan at all of how warrior feels in Legion, and wasn't in WoD either but I gutted it out. So it's been a while since I truly enjoyed what I play. I don't want to switch mains mid-expansion, especially with how the Artifact power works, so over the next couple of weeks I'll have to decide what I'm playing for the next 2+ years.

Right now aside from the emotional attachment to my warrior the only thing holding me back is the status of DH movement abilities being a core part of the damage rotation. Having played extensively on beta, personally I find that playstyle fun and refreshing but with the public outcry and Blizzard's noncommittal stance it's hard to predict if that will last. Without the movement abilities tied in, the fun level takes a huge dive as it basically becomes a 1 or 2 button spec. I'm likely going to just have to make a complete guess on that by the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    After playing both specs on Beta I'll probably take DH to 110 first. The Lore and gameplay are just amazing IMO, and I thoroughly enjoy the combat. After getting my DH to 100 though I'm not sure if I'll main it or return to one of my other classes. I like so many ... =(
    Did you test it as Havoc, or Vengeance? Curious on your thoughts. Thank you for the info.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

i am swaping to dps this xpac and DH seems a cool spec to start.