Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I would say however that Malfurion is kinda unrealistic as a person in many ways. For example being confronted with her lying about the death of his 10000 years love relationship. Its unrealistic he wouldnt at least slap that hoe around a little bit.

Also who the f goes to sleep for that long when you have a fine ass waiting at home for you.
    He's not as unrealistic as you might think. Malfurion seems to practice stoicism to one degree or another. Or at least he follows a philosophy that bears some similarities to some elements of stoicism. Some people try to avoid violence whenever possible.

Keep in mind also, that at the time of Malfurion going to sleep for so long, he was immortal and so was Tyrande. From his perspective, it's not like he was missing out on anything. I'm sure he thought they were going to make up for lost time in the trillions of eons that were to follow that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Sure.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Watchers

That being said though , I like maiev as a character.
    Thank you. I like her as a character too, as I noted early on.
    Just as a general rule of advice, if you have to use wowwiki, check the sources on their article. For instance, the paragraph you quote linked to a Know Your Lore piece on the Watchers by Anne Stickney. It does not support the notion that the Watchers report to the official hesd of state. It says nothing about who the Watchers report to at all.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/06/22/...-the-kaldorei/

Maiev is a fanatic. Shes prideful and cannot see past her own failure. She would probably stop rather imprison Illidan again than have him kill Sargeras.

Maiev is a pest. If Illidan turns around and vaporizes her ass I don't think anyone will give a shit more than 30 seconds. Its like dealing with a child.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    It actually is, most people react confrontationally to confrontational forces, thrall and malf have been at war with their opposing factions for a long time, its unreasonable for them to simply bury that pain and anger and treat everyone equally. maiev holds a grudge and her personality reflects that. Not saying shes right or wrong, i just enjoy characters like that more than unrealistically forgiving your enemies for whatever reason.

Im not saying shes not bitchy either, shes callous and harsh to khadgar, but the audio story goes over why, she blames khadgar for letting guldan escape and for cordana being corrupted, its misplaced anger and frustration, but thats no different to most people in life. i dont think i have ever met someone who didnt have misplaced anger or frustration
    Then you need to get out more.

We as humans tend to surround ourselves with people that are similar to ourselves. Try living abroad for awhile in a country with a vastly different culture from where you grew up. You might be surprised with how diverse people can be with their philosophies and opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    He's not as unrealistic as you might think. Malfurion seems to practice stoicism to one degree or another. Or at least he follows a philosophy that bears some similarities to some elements of stoicism. Some people try to avoid violence whenever possible.

Keep in mind also, that at the time of Malfurion going to sleep for so long, he was immortal and so was Tyrande. From his perspective, it's not like he was missing out on anything. I'm sure he thought they were going to make up for lost time in the trillions of eons that were to follow that.
    Fair point.

I guess he also knew his only love rival was in jail.

HAH i got the girl and put the rival in le jail.

Now onwards for some me time

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I remember that. Now prove that she communicated with other people on a regular basis, and you can start to build a case against my argument. I mean, the player character is kind of big dick, especially compared to some random keeper or random watcher.

Dude I mean really, it's getting very frustrating talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Dude I mean really, it's getting very frustrating talking to you.
    My apologies. I'm aware that I'm an asshole.

Then you need to get out more.

We as humans tend to surround ourselves with people that are similar to ourselves. Try living abroad for awhile in a country with a vastly different culture from where you grew up. You might be surprised with how diverse people can be with their philosophies and opinions.
    Doesnt matter, not saying everyone i know is miserable, just everyone has someone to blame for problems, not saying its a crippling anger either, just a passing observation, id even bet that if i got to know you more id find you yourself have misplaced anger and frustration. I know a wide variety of people with many differing philosophies and opinions, so its not that i havent met good people either.

The only person i can imagine of that wouldnt would be someone that refuses to believe practically anything and refuses to form opinions or someone who knows everything, otherwise you will inevitably be subject to harsh half truths or outright lies and inevitably you will form an opinion whether positive, negative, open or secret.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I agree she is very realistic.

She, however, is the kind of lady i would avoid talking to at a nightclub.

I cant for one moment imagine her being pleseant company.
    she is also the kind of women who cant see when justic is needed, shes the kind of women who as a cop would pull over and spend the time to give a man a ticket, when hes rushing his wife in labour to the hospital...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Doesnt matter, not saying everyone i know is miserable, just everyone has someone to blame for problems, not saying its a crippling anger either, just a passing observation, id even bet that if i got to know you more id find you yourself have misplaced anger and frustration. I know a wide variety of people with many differing philosophies and opinions, so its not that i havent met good people either.

The only person i can imagine of that wouldnt would be someone that refuses to believe practically anything and refuses to form opinions or someone who knows everything, otherwise you will inevitably be subject to harsh half truths or outright lies and inevitably you will form an opinion whether positive, negative, open or secret.
    You seem to be equating all anger and frustration with misplaced anger and frustration, why is that? Do you believe that anger and frustration are never justified from a truly rational point of view? I'm also not really seeing this correlation between having misplaced anger/frustration and treating everyone equally, which by your own words seems to be your gripe with Malfurion and Thrall.

Furthermore, I would say that Thrall is quite an angry person and in a lot of ways is not really that mature. Malfurion is kind of on a different level there.

Personally, I'm not really angry or frustrated about anything in particular. I do have a bit of a temper and I get angry sometimes, but that tends to pass very quickly. I think I tend to react with sadness to a lot of situations that get other people angry.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post

On the serious note, he almost died to a single pitlord, how does he think he's going to beat one of the top leaders of the burning legion like Archimonde or Kil'jaeden? Let alone the fact that Nathrezim aren't really capable warriors

Legion, the expansion itself is really, nothing more but a lazy attempt at regaining subscribers, as it stands it really just screams fanservice. You know, Illidan getting a free pass, allowing to do whatever he wants and still "Doesen't matter, I can kill 10 Billion innocent people and my fans would still hail me as their saviour and claim that I did nothing wrong
    using magic with which can be exploded planets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Thank you. I like her as a character too, as I noted early on.
    Just as a general rule of advice, if you have to use wowwiki, check the sources on their article. For instance, the paragraph you quote linked to a Know Your Lore piece on the Watchers by Anne Stickney. It does not support the notion that the Watchers report to the official hesd of state. It says nothing about who the Watchers report to at all.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/06/22/...-the-kaldorei/
    That's weird, i followed it and it took me to the WoW encyclopedia page, sadly as the wow encyclopedia has been taken down for some years now it took me to a random noobie guide page in WoW official webpage.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    "I don't get why people think Maiev's a bitch but Illidan is not .
    because Illidan's a dude, and dude's can't be bitches. don't have the parts for it

OT - also cos we really like Illidan. I read WotA, then looked at WC3 videos or him, and played the cata WoE instance, every time he shows up he is portrayed as really cool and heroic, and gets a lot of crap for it. Altho he did do some bad things, but you never get the impression he was doing it because he was evuls hellbent on destruction and world conquest or loved killing anyone other than demons. Only in TBC is he actually portrayed as a villain, but I recently played that and Illidan has almost 0 screen time except for his actual encounter.

Kael'thas comes off as far more of a villain in TBC than Illidan. He made for a very weak villain imo, and I think that's cos he wasn't really one, just needed to be brought in line. I'm saying this cos I like Illidan despite his flaws, I've always felt a bit for him, - they kinda missed what he was about, the night elves I mean, should be sweet to see how they react when they find out not only was he right but he's the key.

would love them to fall in line with, they've lacked a lot of balls (I guess chicks don't have balls), but yeah, he can bring some grit back to them, he and the nightborne hopefully.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-08-08 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Irony explosion.
    Salty about Vereesa still?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

If Maiev wasn't obsessed with Illidan, we wouldn't have Burning Legion raining from the skies right now, because Illidan would've destroyed them instead of being dead. Not only did she do that but she tried to kill her own brother and Malfurion and Tyrande. She's a bitch, but that's the way I like her so she can continue being a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Salty about Vereesa still?
    Just your utter lack of self-awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Just your utter lack of self-awareness.
    I'm rather aware of the OP's history and of all I read about her. Drag me to the same level if you desire but unlike the OP, I still have to create countless threads focused on relentlessly bitching about the characters I don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

You seem to be equating all anger and frustration with misplaced anger and frustration, why is that? Do you believe that anger and frustration are never justified from a truly rational point of view? I'm also not really seeing this correlation between having misplaced anger/frustration and treating everyone equally, which by your own words seems to be your gripe with Malfurion and Thrall.

Furthermore, I would say that Thrall is quite an angry person and in a lot of ways is not really that mature. Malfurion is kind of on a different level there.

Personally, I'm not really angry or frustrated about anything in particular. I do have a bit of a temper and I get angry sometimes, but that tends to pass very quickly. I think I tend to react with sadness to a lot of situations that get other people angry.
    Im not equating all anger and frustration with misplaced anger and frustration, i just acknowledge that most anger and frustration is misplaced.

I do believe anger is irrational and that it stems from irrationality, whether you are irrationally angry or angry at something that is irrational, so in a perfectl rational world nobody would be angry.

I dont like that the anger and frustration is barely, if at all, addressed when major lore characters go neutral, it really undermines their character imo.

Also, when i say misplaced anger im not talking about something constantly on the back of your mind driving your actions or something even major, it could be as little as someone pissing you off and you punching a wall. the source of your anger was the person, the target of it was the wall, therefore it was misplaced.

Illidan is hugely popular and very well liked by a lot of people, a lot, like me you really kinda feel for the guy when you see him, he's tough, he's badass, with a highborne like air of cockiness but in the good way. He really tries his best, but gets so much shit because his methods are not conventional - and we love him for daring to take the risk he does and having the guts to pull it off, he actually succeeds in handling the fel without it corrupting his soul, and teaches others too. that is unprecedented.

Yet we feel for him because, his people don't get it, he's like a few steps in front of them on the demon front, but they're too affronted to be able to understand. I understand them too, I don't hate them for it either, it's just all sad, they can't nor should they all go in that direction, Fel is really dangerous and addictive and really harmful too, only those that can and are completely determined should do so, the others should stay well care, and master the things they are good at. but yet we see him having to sacrifice the very acceptance, love and comfort of his people he really cares a lot about to do this task.

Illidan after incarceration says he no longer carres for his people, and heads to outland, but yet, everything he does is to stop the legion from destroying his people. It's a typical response from a person who's given up so much to help another, and then been rejected by that other, he says that, but because he genuinely loves that other, he continues to fight sacrificing himself. it's such beautiful contrast with the power hungry, cocky self assured air he has to him, that you can't help but like it, cos the cockiness is not that annoying type, and the guy is shown to genuinely and very very sincerely and deeply care about saving his world and his people.

So Illidan gets a free pass..
    how can any body say Illidan gets a free pass when he died .. dude he paid the ultimate price - remember, BT?

Also, remember in the first place Illidan was actually always trying to save us, his people and Azeroth, and endured a lot of crap and suffering to take on fel, resist it corrupting his soul and still do what he did.

You act like you've never thought or felt that acquiring more power is a good thing, so you can do good with it. Remember this has always been Illidan's primary motive for power, and just cos he's also enjoyed it, doesn't make him evil.

They incarcerated him for 10k years.. now that's quite a sentence for killing 2 people - but we know they did it cos they thought he was working for the Legion and did not realize he killed those people because of what he was going through in becoming what he was,- but Tyrande at least wasn't convinced he was traitor because she sets him free to fight the very legion, trusting that he won't run off to them, and off course, he fights them, and goes to them, but again he's playing them.

now the night elves think he's betrayed again, but Tyrande was spot on, Illlidan does help defeat the Legion a second time, and continues to do so on Outland. You could say he goes to outland to get away from us as much as to mount his own separate fight against them.

The truth of this comes out when ofc, he rebels against Kil'jaeden, and we know that Illidan NEVER intended to be a part of the legion or join their cause but was successful in even hoodwinking Sargeras.

That's Illidan for you.