Deleted

Talent Lock will make prepatch/leveling tanking hell

No Felblade. No Fracture. No Barrier.

Pain is gonna be unreliable as all hell and Soul Fragment generation as well (which is really needed, especially without the Warblades).

Really don't get why after 11 years we still need the kiddie gloves for a new class, at all. Any other you'd boost to 100 would also allow you to instantly have all talents.

I agree with this, if they were worried about Dh being too powerful pre Legion. Why not just go MOP Brewmaster monk route and make them do less damage?

It's not a 'kiddie glove' it's designed that way so that Demon Hunters have something to look forward to while leveling in the form of talents.

They're not going to just go "Demon hunters start at level 98 and you unlock everything at level 100, have fun!", and they're not going to design the talent system for DH's around the prepatch which is going to last barely a month.

Demon Hunters get more base stats than any other class at level 100 to help even out the fact that they're not going to have as many talents, this eventually evens out with all the other classes at 110.

They did say iirc in a recent stream that they're not going to waste developer time and resources balancing for a pre-patch that's going to last a month and I'm fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound agressive or anything, Xaragoth, but I really don't get your thread.

Being able to have the DH during prepatch is kind of a favor from Blizzard (not a free one, though ^^) allowing us to :
    1. Get use to our new class (and that includes "realizing that IG we don't like what we saw on paper and have time to go back to [previous class]")
    2. Prepare(™) our char by preparing our UI, professions, reps, etc etc...
    3. Overall start the new content without feeling behind

Sure, in terms of gameplay we will be a bit gimped but it's litterally less than a month. Giving us all the talent with the same patter 15-30-45-... would sure help for this 3 weeks, but would be terrible in term of game design. The DH starting at 98 and being a new class, it makes sense to slowly give us our talents during our 98-110 journey. It helps getting a grip on the new spell before getting the next one, and have the secondary advantage of adding a sense of progression during legion pexing.

Honnestly, who cares about 3 mere weeks of "not having all of our talents" when it's to play in over-used and fairly easy content ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    It's not a 'kiddie glove' it's designed that way so that Demon Hunters have something to look forward to while leveling in the form of talents.

They're not going to just go "Demon hunters start at level 98 and you unlock everything at level 100, have fun!", and they're not going to design the talent system for DH's around the prepatch which is going to last barely a month.
    Why wouldn't it ? if I use my boost on any toon he get everything he should had by lvl 90. All the lvl 15-30-45-60-75-90 talent row and pretty much every single ability the class have but the last 2-3 one you'd unlock by leveling from 90 to 100.

So I don't see why DH do not have 95%of their tool kit by lvl 100 like every single class in the game.

DK didn't had a shorter talent tree then anyone by lvl 60 when they got released and they had more then 3 skill to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Why wouldn't it ? if I use my boost on any toon he get everything he should had by lvl 90. All the lvl 15-30-45-60-75-90 talent row and pretty much every single ability the class have but the last 2-3 one you'd unlock by leveling from 90 to 100.

So I don't see why DH do not have 95%of their tool kit by lvl 100 like every single class in the game.
    90-boost is sooo last expansion though. With the 100-boost you'll get ALL talents and spells on whatever class you want except Demon Hunter.

so as someone who levelled to 110 as vengeance.. yeah i didn't have any trouble tanking dungeons or mass pulling mobs in the world..

it will be weird going from my beta dh to live dh, for sure. but hell? nah.

You will be fine at 100 without this talents. Everything is nerfed anyway and not relevant anymore. Does it really matter that much now?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    No Felblade. No Fracture. No Barrier.

Pain is gonna be unreliable as all hell and Soul Fragment generation as well (which is really needed, especially without the Warblades).

Really don't get why after 11 years we still need the kiddie gloves for a new class, at all. Any other you'd boost to 100 would also allow you to instantly have all talents.
    Very mch disagree. I leveled on the beta to 110 as vengeance. You dont need those "important" talents til the real stuff. I would pull all the mobs i could see at once and never drop low.

I don't agree that it will make it hell. However, I do think it will make it ridiculously boring.

why not just unlock all talents for the next 3 weeks so people could actually get a feel for the Class... right now you have to get to 110 first

fucking stupid

wont bother with DH after hitting 100. Whats the Point ???

By that logic what's the point of playing WoW at all in the pre-patch?

if you see no point in playing DH at 100, then don't do it. nobody is forcing you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    why not just unlock all talents for the next 3 weeks so people could actually get a feel for the Class... right now you have to get to 110 first

fucking stupid

Yeah because breaking the trees from their design (and risking bugs) for 3 weeks would be so smart, amirite.

What's the point ? Leveling your professions, getting a feel of the class, preparing your UI, setting your transmogs or simply just being ready to do Legion leveling as soon as the (actual) expansion hits without having your guildmates having to wait for you if you plan to play with them. A few examples among others...

Also, I must have missed the blizzard statement where they force you to use early access if you ever want to play a DH.
    This a an OPTION we have, and a very temporary one. Why the hell would they design the class progression around something that ephemeral ?
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2016-08-09 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocendi View Post
    By that logic what's the point of playing WoW at all in the pre-patch?
    Get use to class changes and not being able to switch talents on the fly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post

fucking stupid

1) its Pointless
    2) It gives people a reason to complain when we don't get X Raid tiers even though it would have 0 affect on it.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    so as someone who levelled to 110 as vengeance.. yeah i didn't have any trouble tanking dungeons or mass pulling mobs in the world..

it will be weird going from my beta dh to live dh, for sure. but hell? nah.
    The only people complaining about non-issues like these are misinformed people who have never played beta or watched a single beta video, like the OP. If he did, then this thread would not exist.

I can't wait to have a new talent every 2 lvlups from 100 to 110. Could be the best Expansion leveling experience from a character progress standpoint so far. Traits were another great thing to give lvlups more thrill, but DH talent progression will beat it by miles.

Leveling will take you ... idk, a day? Stop complaining already about such small thing.