Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chicago gangs reportedly plotting to shoot cops in response to teen's death

Source

Leaders from three Chicago gangs reportedly met last week to discuss plans to kill police officers in response to the officer-involved shooting death of 18-year-old Paul O’Neal.

The Chicago Sun-Times, citing an alert issued to Chicago officers, reported Monday that the meeting took place on Thursday between the gangs Vice Lords, Black Disciples and Four Corner Hustlers.

According to the paper, the Four Corner Hustlers have “provided guns” and pinpointed a “sniper in place.” However, authorities are still unsure where the alleged sniper spot is placed. The gang is also funneling weapons to the other two gangs.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi declined to comment on the situation, saying “the department does not comment on any security measures.”

Dean Angelo, the president of Lodge 7 of the Fraternal Order of Police, said the O’Neal family attorney and statements from the Independent Police Review Authority were to blame for the threats.

“We had inflammatory and false rhetoric coming from (Michael Oppenheimer) and statements that weren’t true,” Angelo said. “You also have a lead investigator in police-involved deaths talking about how shocking and disturbing this is.”

The threats come after the officer-involved shooting death of the man. Police chased the teen into a South Shore neighborhood on July 28 after he allegedly stole a vehicle.

Video released last week purportedly showed some chaos before O’Neal’s death. Police said the body camera of the officer who shot and killed him wasn’t recording.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Monday it was too early to decide whether police officers need more training. He said he supported Superintendent Eddie Johnson’s decision to strip police powers from the officers who fired their weapons at O’Neal.

Johnson hasn't said what policies they may have violated, but department policy largely prohibits shooting at a vehicle if it's the only threat to officers.
    Is Chicago turning into a war zone?

Chicago is a war zone. And I hate the fact that after one of those piece of shit criminals does something they run up here to Minneapolis to hide for awhile.

Well, criminals do criminal things. I doubt anything organized will come of this from drug dealers and assorted law breakers though.

These people are very neighborhood centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, criminals do criminal things. I doubt anything organized will come of this from drug dealers and assorted law breakers though.

These people are very neighborhood centric.
    Got to protect the turf you know. And I can't really see gangs working together. First sign of disrespect, perceived or otherwise, and it leads to in fighting.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully those officers stay safe. It's a bad time to be a cop.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Hopefully those officers stay safe. It's a bad time to be a cop.
    True.

But it's an even worse time to be a black unarmed teen.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    True.

COPS ARE NOT RUNNING UP TO RANDOM BLACK TEENS AND SHOOTING THEM!

the only ones shot were thugs doing some kind of crime, and usually they get shot for fleeing and causing damage to the public and/or almost killing cop or charging officer *even if minor*.

(also a lot of these Black teens/children were 17-18, so they were legally adults if they were 18, but media loves CLICK BAIT!)

Basically kids don't be stupid and commit a crime and you will never be shot or arrested by a cop.....

WHO WOULD OF THUNK DAT!

Black lives will never matter till they first matter to black people...... (as black people die by other black people mostly*GANGS*)
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-08-09 at 12:54 PM.

True.

But it's an even worse time to be a black unarmed teen criminal.
    Fixed that for you. Everyone always forgets those small details.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Fixed that for you. Everyone always forgets those small details.
    Nah, you don't get it. They were all angels of their respective communities. They also all somehow look like they're ten years old according to their typically used media image. I mean, how does a ten year old go so wrong?! Cops simply want to shoot black peoples. Especially the innocent ones. It gets them off at night. Helps to cure impotence, etc.

i love you Shadowdasher and Kelliak!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Black lives will never matter till they first matter to black people...... (as black people die by other black people mostly*GANGS*)
    I think you should change this because it doesn't make sense. It would be the same as saying white lives will never matter because crimes against white people are committed by other white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    True.

No it isn't.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

my point was most crime against whites fits statistics of crime.

blacks, most crime committed against them is done by other blacks and does not fit in with the stats.

my point was blacks scream about BLACK LIVES MATTER! yet they commit most of the crime against their own race.......

blacks, most crime committed against them is done by other blacks and does not fit in with the stats.

my point was blacks scream about BLACK LIVES MATTER! yet they commit most of the crime against their own race.......
    I can't recall where I've read or watched this, but isn't a majority of crime against white people also committed by other white people?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    I can't recall where I've read or watched this, but isn't a majority of crime against white people also committed by other white people?
    Actually I think it's disproportionately committed by blacks, not other white people, when overall population is considered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, I'm all for shooting people who pose a credible threat to either the police officer or to someone else. But all these shootings of unarmed people... and like this last time, in the BACK no less... it's just too much. I don't understand how any of you can condone such behaviour.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

And so "they" deserve to be killed by anyone until "they" stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    And so "they" deserve to be killed by anyone until "they" stop?
    what did these teens all had in common? they were committing a crime at the time they died/charged officer/running people over

You mean gang members aren't intelligent enough to see through vapid click bait headlines that only exist for race baiting? Color me shocked

Look, I'm all for shooting people who pose a credible threat to either the police officer or to someone else. But all these shootings of unarmed people... and like this last time, in the BACK no less... it's just too much. I don't understand how any of you can condone such behaviour.
    You don't have to be armed to be a threat.