Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    um hasn't Russia been the biggest threat to the U.S. since the day WWII ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Actually you can, homosexuality itself is not considered to be showstopper in that regard; some common deviations that can accompany it do though, and proclaiming your homosexuality would cause you to get examined by psychologists more closely on army evaluations.

Even in "Enlightened West" it's still fairly recent and not 100% supported innovation.

Yeah, if you discuss them in school. Sorry, parents get quite protective of their children, and they are fairly large group that brings votes, so pandering to them is natural in democracy.
    So you label people as mentally ill because of their sexual preference? Thats even worse.

Sounds like a great school system where you exclude information on the human nature because politicians are afraid that they might somehow be "infected" by... Someone elses sexual preference?

You're not making it better here.

'The 1980s Are Calling, They Want Their Foreign Policy Back'

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Coming to Sweden in the near future, as homosexuality seems to be against Islam.

Oh wait, this topic is about Russia, ah nevermind.. Please, continue the Russia bashing as usual..
    What does Sweden have to do with this? And Islam for that matter? Last time I looked christianity was the largest religion in Sweden and even so, Sweden is a secular country where religion plays a very small role in politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What does Sweden have to do with this? And Islam for that matter? Last time I looked christianity was the largest religion in Sweden and even so, Sweden is a secular country where religion plays a very small role in politics.
    What does homosexuality rights have to do with Secretary of US Air Force warmongering speech?

So you label people as mentally ill because of their sexual preference? Thats even worse.
    "Label"? They just get examined, that's all. If they happen to be mentally ill, well, such is life - homosexuals are people like everyone else, and they can get mental illnesses like everyone else, and should be provided support and care in that case.

If they aren't they are free to serve in armed forces however.

Sounds like a great school system where you exclude information on the human nature because politicians are afraid that they might somehow be "infected" by... Someone elses sexual preference?
    What, you think "random people coming from street to preach LGBT rights that get their LGBT facts from internet" is the right approach to child education?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Yeah then in 1989 something happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MetalVirus View Post
    'The 1980s Are Calling, They Want Their Foreign Policy Back'
    Just take all my internets for the love of god!

You're not making it better here.
    Being mentally ill does not mean you need to be denied rights and treated poorly. What it does do is make it to where it'd be something they'd not want becoming mainstream or made comparative to the standard nuclear family and hetero preferences. Which quite frankly, shore up the social structuring of a country best and therefore would be in the interest of the ruling government to help foster - assuming you've not become obsessed with pandering for every vote that you can garner.

As for schooling, that is where children are molded most so teaching them about subject matter that unnerves the parents isn't exactly a good idea nor democratic. It's arguably even undermining democracy in a sense. If parents by a strong margin disfavor homosexuality being taught in schools then you'd be in the wrong by forcing it in anyway. That is tyrannical.

Honestly, I'd only be concerned with it if instead of nothing being taught on homosexuality, they were taught to harm homosexuals; this is where democracy without checks can actually become ugly.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-09 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Way before that! Try 1919!

Allied intervention in the Russian Civil War

Foreign forces throughout Russia
    The positions of the Allied expeditionary forces and of the White Armies in European Russia, 1919

Numbers of allied soldiers who were present in the indicated regions of Russia:

600 French and British troops landed in Arkhangelsk[8]
    A number of British troops in Vladivostok.
    A number of Romanian troops in Bessarabia.
    23,351 Greeks, who withdrew after three months (part of I Army Corps under Maj. Gen. Konstantinos Nider, comprising 2nd and 13th Infantry Divisions, in the Crimea, and around Odessa and Kherson)[9]
    13,000 Americans (in the Arkhangelsk and Vladivostok regions)[5][6]
    11,500 Estonians in northwestern Russia[3]
    2,500 Italians (in the Arkhangelsk region and Siberia)[10]
    2,300 Chinese (in the Vladivostok region)[11]
    150 Australians (mostly in the Arkhangelsk regions)[citation needed]
    15,000 Japanese soldiers in the Eastern region

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Being mentally ill does not mean you need to be denied rights and treated poorly. What it does do is make it to where it'd be something they'd not want becoming mainstream or made comparative to the standard nuclear family and hetero preferences. Which quite frankly, shore up the social structuring of a country best and therefore would be in the interest of the ruling government to help foster - assuming you've not become obsessed with pandering for every vote that you can.

As for schooling, that is where children are molded most so teaching them about subject matter that unnerves the parents isn't exactly a good idea nor democratic. It's arguably even undermining democracy in a sense. If parents by a strong margin disfavor homosexuality being taught in schools then you'd be in the wrong by forcing it in anyway. That is tyrannical.

Honestly, I'd only be concerned with it if instead of nothing being taught on homosexuality, they were taught to harm homosexuals; this is where democracy without checks can actually become ugly.
    Most of the world is still pretty anti LGBT, China, Japan, Russia, really most if not all of Asia. India accepts gays but from what I've seen they marginalize them but at least they are not expelled from the family. Mostly it's just the West were it's accepted.

That said, it's not really what this tread is about.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about sexuality and gender is expressly not allowed, and not even relevant to the topic. Cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Talking about sexuality and gender is expressly not allowed, and not even relevant to the topic. Cut it out.
    ...What IS allowed? Because it's starting to seem like most political subjects shouldn't even be on the table and therefore maybe political discussion in its entirety should be banned. Just a thought? I mean, at the rate we're going, you'll only be able to talk about economics and foreign policy at most and even then those will cross over for varying reasons into "trigger" territory; especially foreign policy. Even mere discussion of what could amount to "conspiracy theory"(which is what foreign policy and economics often devolve into) isn't allowed.

I'm not trying to troll. It's a genuine question. Why not just ban political discussion, period? I mean hell, this entire thread from its get-go could be labeled as a conspiracy theory.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-09 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    US should stop harassing Russia, they placed all the NATO bases suroinding that damn country.
    Vote for Trump to end this stupidity of tensions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Maybe it's just me who thinks that two countries with nuclear weapons shouldn't be escalating towards another cold war.

Everyone else seems to think it's really cool and we should whip our dicks out to show Russia whos boss.
    Russia started the dicking in this case. We're just telling them to put their dicks back in their pants, while keeping a hand hovering over our belt buckles just in case it becomes necessary to whip our dick out.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Label"? They just get examined, that's all. If they happen to be mentally ill, well, such is life - homosexuals are people like everyone else, and they can get mental illnesses like everyone else, and should be provided support and care in that case.

If they aren't they are free to serve in armed forces however.

What, you think "random people coming from street to preach LGBT rights that get their LGBT facts from internet" is the right approach to child education?
    Of course they can but if they just happen to be homosexual they aren't fit for service, eh?

No one is suggesting that some random stuff from the internet is supposed to be taught in schools, where do you get this from?

LGBT rights in Russia are poor at best. How you can't see this is baffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    US should stop harassing Russia, they placed all the NATO bases suroinding that damn country.
    Vote for Trump to end this stupidity of tensions.
    It is pretty sad that I now can't even tell whether a comment is serious or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how you want to sugar coat it, Russia is an existential threat to the US. They are not our friend and they are the only country that can reliably kill more than 25% of the US population. China lacks sufficient long range missiles to inflict that level of damage (though that is changing), and the only other countries with sizable nuclear weapons and long range delivery systems (France and the UK) are US allies. None of this means the US and Russia will attack each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulmita, where were you when this happened, for example?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/put...ound-invasion/

I don't remember you creating a thread on that and complaining about "fear-mongering"... I wonder why.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ulmita, where were you when this happened, for example?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/put...ound-invasion/

I don't remember you creating a thread on that and complaining about "fear-mongering"... I wonder why.
    I thought we aren't allowed using conspiracy sites?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I thought we aren't allowed using conspiracy sites?
    Doesn't stop you from linking RT reports somehow.