Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it worth waiting/buying real Collector's Edition?

I'm more interested in the DvD making off, and the art book, but I only care to watch it once really, I'm not interested in keepsakes, i mean it's not like I'll ever actually look at them again - makes me wonder if it's worth it really

Problem is pre-ordering the Collector's Edition, I don't have early DH access, which sucks, and I'm not going to buy two copies, that's just silly, if they keep this up i might just not even bother buying Legion and just wait till it is free 2 months before the next expansion.

What you guys thinkin anyway? Are you going for the Collector's Edition? or skipping it? Do these things have a resale value?

Deleted
    There is so many paradoxes in this post I don't even know where to start pointing them out. Instead I am gonna get myself a nice cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    There is so many paradoxes in this post I don't even know where to start pointing them out. Instead I am gonna get myself a nice cup of coffee.
    whatchya talkin 'bout Willis! Makes perfect sense to me.

Blizzard should really give an option to buy the collector's edition without the game included. That would reduce its price and not force you to buy the game twice. It's not hard to do.

I ended up cancelling my physical collector's edition and just pre-purchased standard Legion. I'll get the digital deluxe items later when they are sold separately. And after thinking about it, I don't really give a shit about the making of DVD, the art book or the soundtrack. You will be able to find all of those online later on. I'm not holding off on playing demon hunter and paying 80 euros just so I can have a pretty box on my shelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Det's right. If you don't care about the keepsakes and/or you want DH access now buying the physical CE is silly. Buy the digital game, get DH. No, you don't get keepsakes but you don't care about them anyway. Why is this even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No, if you are the kind of guy who will throw away the DvD and Artbook as in "I'm not interested in keepsakes" and who totally, absolutely has to play a DH TODAY (or tomorrow in EU) and cannot wait 21 day, it is not worth the extra 25-30 Euros

I won't throw away the books or dvds, i mean after I've watched /seen them once, I would never pick them up again. I'm very much interested in seeing them and watching them, but I'm wondering if it's worth getting just for that, seeing that you can always youtube the dvd down the road, and probably see a pdf of the book at some point or the other. And i'm more interested in their contents than having a hard copy lying around.

And yeah, I kinda do want to do the DH now, too. the perfect solution is if i knew someone i could guarantee sell my additional Legion key too, then i'd probably pick up both

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Det's right. If you don't care about the keepsakes and/or you want DH access now buying the physical CE is silly. Buy the digital game, get DH. No, you don't get keepsakes but you don't care about them anyway. Why is this even a question?
    because I'm interested in the making off dvd and the art work, I always watch that stuff, but normally only once and never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Blizzard should really give an option to buy the collector's edition without the game included. That would reduce its price and not force you to buy the game twice. It's not hard to do.
    Or just ship the physical copies a week before launch. It's not like we can do any Legion content anyway, since it's locked

You can most likely pick up the art book via a secondary source. I can generally pick it up for 10-15 bucks after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    because I'm interested in the making off dvd and the art work, I always watch that stuff, but normally only once and never again.
    Oh, got it. Well, you'll then need to balance how much you want to watch that stuff vs do early DH access vs spending the money to get both.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh, got it. Well, you'll then need to balance how much you want to watch that stuff vs do early DH access vs spending the money to get both.
    yeah.. that's the dilemma.

I might sell the collector'ion later

You buy both, to get both early access and the CE perks. You are allowed to sell or give away the digital key afterwards per Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Or just ship the physical copies a week before launch. It's not like we can do any Legion content anyway, since it's locked
    Or that. Literally not hard to do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    That's up to the retailers, though, and the retailers probably won't because someone would try to sue them for "false advertising" or something for sending them a game before they could even play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You buy both, to get both early access and the CE perks. You are allowed to sell or give away the digital key afterwards per Blizzard.
    really tempted to do this, but would anyone buy my digital access one I wonder.

really tempted to do this, but would anyone buy my digital access one I wonder.
    You can give it away, but not officially sell it.
    Selling it for anything in-game is falling foul of the Terms of Service, since being a key it is not something that exists in-game therefore can't by those terms be traded for something in-game, the same as TCG card codes, or Game Time codes.
    That won't stop people doing it though.

Just bear in mind you are unlikely to receive any support from blizzard if you go this route and get scammed.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-09 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You can give it away, but not officially sell it.
    Selling it for anything in-game is falling foul of the Terms of Service, since being a key it is not something that exists in-game therefore can't by those terms be traded for something in-game, the same as TCG card codes, or Game Time codes.
    That won't stop people doing it though.

Just bear in mind you are unlikely to receive any support from blizzard if you go this route and get scammed.
    No, you are actually allowed to sell it. Blizzard gives you a replacement key, specifically for this reason.

Deleted
    I'm not interested in keepsakes
    Yes, the collector's edition is definitely worth buying for you.

No, you are actually allowed to sell it. Blizzard gives you a replacement key, specifically for this reason.
    They give you a key to allow you to gift it.
    Not sell it.

However there isn't really anything they can do to stop you doing it.
    Just don't be silly and advertise it openly.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9283368#post-1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

1. Pre-purchase a digital version of Legion now and begin using the included character boost immediately.
    2. Pick up your Collector’s Edition pre-order once Legion releases.
    3. Enter your Collector’s Edition key on your Battle.net Account Management page.
    4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
    5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-10 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'll be buying the Collector's Edition hopefully from Amazon once it becomes available. Cheaper since I have Amazon Prime. It's not up for preorder yet though.:\