Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    And now I shal ask the most important question. Is everyone sitting cause you might fall from that.

Where was TARAN ZHU?
    He is defending Kun'lai from the Invasion of Peak of Serenity and later agrees to fight the Legion from the back of Shen-Zin Su as a monk champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ok, so far have seen the Horde broken shore cinematic (which I assume is for both sides the same) and Vol'jin death.

Quick recap. In no way does the Horde betray the Alliance in the stab in the back sense. They retreat first. Ordered by Vol'jin. One could say it's a betrayal in some sense, but clearly doesn't literally attack Horde. Then Varian ordered retreat.

Varian 100% dead.

If I heard correctly, Vol'jin said the loa said to appoint Sylvanas as warchief.
    Vol'jin 100% dead too. Spirits told him he was going to die from his wounds, we see him carried out and burned. No mystery there like people have been saying.

Horde did what they had to to survive, but yeah, it screwed over the Alliance and there are going to be tensions as a result.

Wonder how alliance retrieved Varian's body (if anything was left of it) or at least his sword that later appeared in Anduin comics.

Oh wow... at first I wanted to wait till tomorrow when I csn play it myself but damn... those cinematics... ofc we already knew that varian will die but damn... this death is so cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Still to be told I believe. I think its just a *they went to retrieve varians weapons on the broken shore out of respect* thing, but we will most likely do it in game as some point, or maybe not. No idea, but he retrieves them at some point.
    I mean we see multiple returns to the broken shore from our Artifact quests. It isn't hard to believe they sent a retrieval party to try and collect his body. It's one of those things that doesn't really need to be shown and can be just assumed. SI7 couldve been sent in to retrieve body, didnt find it, but found his sword and returned it.

No one noticed thrall's cameo? He's going to be in a really bad shape during Legion, haha, esp him and how Doomhammer was being handled in the artifact quest

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The force that the Horde faces is bigger actually.
    That's just not true. Do you remember who Gul'Dan summoned at the end of Broken Shore? (before the cinematic plays)

Brutalis, Jaraxxus, Tichondrious etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Jaina is present in the Broken Shore scenario - she created the bridges by which the Alliance squad reaches Tirion and the Fel giant Gul'dan summons towards the end (I'm unsure why she makes no appearance in the cinematic, but I figure it's more to focus on Varian and Genn, who play a larger role in what's to come). Khadgar doesn't appear in the scenario but I imagine he's busy with what's happening at Dalaran and Karazhan, which we'll get to see a bit later on before Legion officially goes live.
    If you want a spoiler...

Khadgar is at the Vault of Wardens, recruiting Demon Hunters at that time, it's happening at the same time as Broken Shore scenario. DHs come to their respecting cities just after the events, which means that everything during the escape happens at the same time as Broken Shore

Cinematics were awesome

for Broken Shore SPOILERS + Rogue Campaign spoilers
    1. Alliance-Horde united to defeat Legion
    2. Alliance sent SI:7 to shores for some recon
    3. SI:7 foudn that Legion laid a trap, but certain dreadlord (Detheroc) wiped SI:7 and captured Mathias Shaw
    4. ally and horde went into trap, Argent Crusade wiped
    5. Alliance attacked portal, Horde was going to defend alliance from behind
    6. trap sprung. Legion opened portal behind Horde lines, Horde had to retreat, they couldnot resist legion push. and they were unable to warn alliance
    Technically, Ally had no idea what happened, they only saw that Horde left and wrathgate repeated,
    7. Ally retreated, Varian sacrificed himself to let remaining alliance troops fly away

Geblin was amazing and Genn..
    if not Ally/Horde conflict, I'd say Genn Greymane was best in these cinematics

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    If you want a spoiler...

Khadgar is at the Vault of Wardens, recruiting Demon Hunters at that time, it's happening at the same time as Broken Shore scenario. DHs come to their respecting cities just after the events, which means that everything during the escape happens at the same time as Broken Shore
    I've seen it - I'm just thinking that since DH's aren't technically available until the Legion Live launch (and the current availability is just a pre-order benefit), I'd say timeline-wise the Karazhan/Dalaran vignette is a better fit. No idea if that's the case, though; chronologically it could work either way.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbzyo View Post
    No one noticed thrall's cameo? He's going to be in a really bad shape during Legion, haha, esp him and how Doomhammer was being handled in the artifact quest
    Elements no answering to thrall call anymore that's why. thrall is useless now.

Deleted
    Varian dies like a Badass, which was expected. Demon Hunter Cinematics on the other hand are a bit meh, the only good part about them is Maiev freeing them.

I have a question to people who have beta/know what will happen in Legion.

Do the night elves/draenai forces fight alongside the rest of the Alliance on the Broken Shore?
    I mean, is it explicitly said somewhere that Tyrande, Malfurion, Velen and their forces were involved in the battle, but just weren't shown in the scenario/cinematic or were they absent (if so, was there an explanation given for that)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Elements no answering to thrall call anymore that's why. thrall is useless now.
    Which is also odd - as they seem to answer him just fine when he's making bridges to pass through the Broken Shore's various subareas. More and more I'm thinking there's more behind Thrall's difficulty with communing with the Elements (above and beyond his stated reasons in the Shaman Artifact quests).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Varian dies like a Badass, which was expected. Demon Hunter Cinematics on the other hand are a bit meh, the only good part about them is Maiev freeing them.
    The POV shot of your Demon Hunter owning some of Maiev's Wardens was awesome, I thought. That felt like a real first for one of the cinematics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Which is also odd - as they seem to answer him just fine when he's making bridges to pass through the Broken Shore's various subareas. More and more I'm thinking there's more behind Thrall's difficulty with communing with the Elements (above and beyond his stated reasons in the Shaman Artifact quests).
    I think they will go with the "emotional imbalance causing Thrall to lose his power" explanation, i.e. killing Garrosh in a pretty disputable way in Nagrad caused him to doubt himself and when faced against the incoming Legion army, the fear and doubts "broke" his connection to the spirits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Absolutely.
    One thing I'm kinda sad about is that we didn't get a Varian's burial cinematic - even like a super short one, but... I guess since the Broken Shore cinematic is mostly Alliance-centric, it's fair that the Horde got an extra one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    I think they will go with the "emotional imbalance causing Thrall to lose his power" explanation, i.e. killing Garrosh in a pretty disputable way in Nagrad caused him to doubt himself and when faced against the incoming Legion army, the fear and doubts "broke" his connection to the spirits.
    That's what I'm also thinking, although I think it was less disreputable and more driven by hate and fury on Thrall's part - I believe he dipped into a part of himself he may have thought he had shed, and now his own self-doubt and inner turmoil are interfering with the clarity a Shaman needs to commune with the elemental forces of the world. That's actually a pretty common refrain for Thrall, although I'd never thought it would lead him to forsake the Doomhammer and his legacy.

Holy shit, these cinematics were awesome!
    Varian is now officially the badass of the month (and i never really liked him before)
    Even Genn and Mekkadrill were pretty cool.
    But i have to complain about a few things:
    Vol'jins death was pretty lame compared to Varians, a random demon just stabs him rom behind, wow
    Also, i just don't like the fact that Sylvanas will be most likely portrayed as the the glorious leader again. And then there was the ending, were suddenly all races of the Horde, who have never really trusted her, are now 100% cool with her, only because she says she wants to revenge Vol'jin.

That's what I'm also thinking, although I think it was less disreputable and more driven by hate and fury on Thrall's part - I believe he dipped into a part of himself he may have thought he had shed, and now his own self-doubt and inner turmoil are interfering with the clarity a Shaman needs to commune with the elemental forces of the world.
    Either way - as far as I know, Thrall gives up the Doomhammer, because he doesn't feel worthy of wielding it any longer - so that kind of explanation would definetely fit into his arch in Legion.

Damn, still a bit salty that so many characters - especially the Night Elves (who would make the most sense to fight the Legion - after all, they've been doing it for the longest time) missing from the Broken Shore, but hell... Since there's NE story in Val'sharah and the whole expansion is very elven-centric, I guess I'll just make-believe that NE just landed and fought somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Also, i just don't like the fact that Sylvanas will be most likely portrayed as the the glorious leader again. And then there was the ending, were suddenly all races of the Horde, who have never really trusted her, are now 100% cool with her, only because she says she wants to revenge Vol'jin.
    It makes perfect sense.

1. Sylvanas basically saved Horde's asses on the Broken Shore - the Alliance had the Gunship, so they managed to escape, but we don't know if the Horde had one too and whether they wouldn't be cut off and slaugtered should Sylvanas not sound the retreat. That decision, while hard (you can see that she hesitated for a moment), had to earn her some respect, prove that she is loyal (by using Val'kyr to fly off with the wounded instead of herself) and is willing to do whatever it takes for the good of the Horde.

2. Vol'jin chose her personally. The other leaders simply honored his dying wish. Moreover, I don't think the Horde, knowing that the Legion is coming, would risk another power-struggle just for the sake of Sylvanas not being the Warchief - that would be stupid as f...ck.

3. The thing is - the Horde lost at the Broken Shore. Their Warchief was killed. It's obvious that the short-term desire of pretty much any member of the Horde is to avenge him and end the Legion threat. That's pretty much the only thing everyone thinks about now. Long-term... yeah, once the dust settles, we might have some folks questioning her role as the Warchief, but - if the Horde under her leadership is victorious, I'm pretty sure she will earn enough respect to keep the position.

Those were some ****ing SICK cinematics. Few thoughts:

- GELBIN in a cinematic! He was freaking adorable and cool!
    - GENN is badass in worgen form and human form. Love him!
    - VARIAN goes out a hero, but man...he dies horribly.
    - I haven't wanted to kill someone like I want to kill Gul'dan since the LK
    - Vol'jin gets stabbed like a bitch...breaks tusk lol
    - Sylvannas and the voice acting for her are always on point
    - The music was epic!

All in all those damn onion cutting ninjas need to stop standing behind me. Manly tears were shed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Now that we know all the Alliance sees is them retreating for SURE, can the Horde fanboys please stop pretending the Alliance characters should be omnipotent and know why they had to?
    It's not being omnipotent. It is called being LOGICAL. Knowing that the other group has as much a need for the legion to die as you do. That the only reason logically for their retreat was simply put survival. Any other thought is outright illogical to have and essentially just outright stupid to even have.

Essentially the thought of horde betrayal is the thought of "Oh the horde would rather burn and perish in fire for all eternity than to save the world, their loved ones, their friends.". Anyone who has 2 or more braincells to rub together would never jump to the second conclusion. I don't see how you can't see that.