Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not old age by any means but it is commonly said that after this age you are "over the hill".

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would give to be 21 again. You are not old by any means.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Not old age by any means but it is commonly said that after this age you are "over the hill".
    That's forty, because it's considered 'mid-life'. Over the hill means you're now declining and will eventually stop.

Despite some good laughs I got thanks to few repliers,actually this kind of topic is actual nowadays.Just look around - even the musicians have started to write songs about getting old. And old doesn't mean gray hair and a hurting back, more like nostalgic old - Adele is only 27 and whole of her album "25" is mostly about the childhood and teenage years,and heck,her album was sold in how many million copies?Probably 21 y.o. is a bit too early to get depressed about all the growing up theme,but keep in mind,that age is just a number in your passport.Some people are feeling old when they are 16 and they are capable to understand things,that some 50 y.o. couldn't for his whole life.
    Also,saying that in the early adulthood there's nothing to be depressed - well,you're wrong. I'd say,that the period of the early adulthood might be equally or even more depressive than the climax age a.k.a. 40+,when you start to think,that youth is gone,all the best years of your life are gone,the goals you haven't accomplished etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's my broom?! Get off my lawn!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    No, it really is not.
    Most of today's youth couldn't even be considered as grown-ups at that age.

Heck, i'm 25 and i still feel "green behind my ears".

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    And old doesn't mean gray hair and a hurting back, more like nostalgic old - Adele is only 27 and whole of her album "25" is mostly about the childhood and teenage years,and heck,her album was sold in how many million copies?
    Well of course she would at the age of 27. She is about to not get into the "27 club". ;D
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-10 at 06:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Damn, 21 huh. Tell me, what's the secret to your long life? Can I come visit you at the nursing home?
    Hey, i'm 24, i'm basically dyin' over here - Nurse, quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Hey, i'm 24, i'm basically dyin' over here - Nurse, quickly!
    Such youngling! Let's swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

"hire teenagers, they know everything"

this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

You spoked in depression, and i admit, people sufering from it, oftem become aware of reality better then others, still, thinking you old at 21 that's being a little cynical. Remember this, most countries set the legal adult age at 18, but at that age, no one thinks like an adult, some people take a lot to reach that, and its a process that its never going to stop. I'm almost 37 (next september), and i believe that sometimes i still have some things that makes me not so adult, and then i look around, and surprise, everyone has these gaps .

Just enjoy, because once you reach 40's, and your knees start hurting you just because the weather has changed, then you'll know age it's comming for you, until then, just ENJOY YOUR LIFE, and stop thinking in nonsenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still a kid at 22..
    You start to become a grown up adult at about 25. And that's a process that might take another decade.
    Depends a bit on life experience.
    And no, video game skills don't count
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    At 21, you might be considered LEGALLY adult.. But very few people, consider anyone below 25-30 mentally adult..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm not sure anymore about my identity, but I can only feel young when playing video games or browsing the fun parts of the internet. I figured I might as well ask what others think qualifies as growing up.
    I can assure you by this stupid question you are indeed still a child.

Something relatives much older than me or closer friends express when I talk more naturally (not shitposting or rapidly tweeting on the internet): I sound like someone apparently far past my age. Ever since I reached 19 (now 21), I always thought life passed me by in a negative way and slipped into an initially deep depression that is relatively under control now. Despite that, in more personal conversations I can't help but telling people now I'm "old" in a somber way after my sentences. With this in mind I am a lot kinder now compared to my rowdy and brash self in younger years, but that's because I believe I should act appropriately for my age.

It's a feeling of anxiety exacerbated by my parents in their 50s repeatedly reminding me often (in a non-malicious way) that I "grew up too fast" or where their "baby went." Closer friends, however, think the way I think is preposterous but I've changed my genuine tune so much over the years I seem to treat these people similarly in their 20s as if they were children.

I'm not sure anymore about my identity, but I can only feel young when playing video games or browsing the fun parts of the internet. I figured I might as well ask what others think qualifies as growing up.
    Don't buy into any of this. Just because you're reflective doesn't mean you're "old". It's just a personality trait, don't set yourself apart from others (tempting though it may be!). I can guarantee you you're immature in other areas (we all are), it's just less apparent

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 26, and I'm not even sure whether I should call myself an adult yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

When you get older, time accelerates. When you go from 15 to 20, your world and yourself has changed a lot. When you go from 30 to 35, it's just a blur. Maybe a new apartment and job, but it feels like it all happened instantly.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    21-22 is NOT old age

The REAL question people should be asking is if 21-22 is GROWN UP
    ^^^ THIS is the truth!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something relatives much older than me or closer friends express when I talk more naturally (not shitposting or rapidly tweeting on the internet): I sound like someone apparently far past my age. Ever since I reached 19 (now 21), I always thought life passed me by in a negative way and slipped into an initially deep depression that is relatively under control now. Despite that, in more personal conversations I can't help but telling people now I'm "old" in a somber way after my sentences. With this in mind I am a lot kinder now compared to my rowdy and brash self in younger years, but that's because I believe I should act appropriately for my age.

It's a feeling of anxiety exacerbated by my parents in their 50s repeatedly reminding me often (in a non-malicious way) that I "grew up too fast" or where their "baby went." Closer friends, however, think the way I think is preposterous but I've changed my genuine tune so much over the years I seem to treat these people similarly in their 20s as if they were children.

Sounds like you need to go out and try something new.

I know absolutely nothing about you but it seems as though you live a pretty enclosed life. Possibly even sedentary.

Go out and start working out (if you are sedentary atm) and then try new things! Go skydiving, hike an awesome trail, travel somewhere new (even if it's sort of close to you).

I know quite a few people with your mindset and every single one stays cooped up in their house or at work. That's no way to live. Definitely enjoy videogames and a good Netflix and chill night but also get out there and explore. It makes all the difference in the world.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

On average, at 20-25 you're just slightly more mature than teenagers. You're just taking your first real steps in life. You'll learn such a ridiculous amount of new things about life in your 20s. It will take you hitting your 30s before you realize just how childish you still were in your early and mid 20s.

So even just from a maturity standpoint, 21-22 is still very young.