10+ Year Old Account

So let's talk about the Legion's Battlecruisers/Carriers...

Man... they've really up their tech since HFC didn't they. I mean its cool to see those warp in, in the scenario/invasions, but I really had to wonder, if the Legion had this level of tech why isn't Azeroth already conquered? What's the limitations of those ships that they can't already use to take over our cities?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the answers to your questions will be a plot point to legion. Since someone in the Broken Shore scenario said that "this isn't the same Legion we've fought before."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Man... they've really up their tech since HFC didn't they. I mean its cool to see those warp in, in the scenario/invasions, but I really had to wonder, if the Legion had this level of tech why isn't Azeroth already conquered? What's the limitations of those ships that they can't already use to take over our cities?
    Read/watch the story about Gul'dan and Kadgar. Azeroth was protected. Gul'dan removed this protection so they are able to invade.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    We had defenses preventing all of the big stuff from pouring in. The last major demon invasion was during the War of the Ancients and they got through with some help. This time around they can send a mass amount of forces using the very Tomb that contains the avatar and essence of Sargeras. When Gul'dan broke Aegywnn's seals they had nothing holding them back.

A wizard did it.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    A wizard did it.
    Technically a warlock, but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Technically a warlock, but yeah
    No, the warlock undid it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

they didnt need this stuff for Draenor, they were freely let onto Draenor. They didnt have to try and conquer it. They have developed this stuff since the war of the ancients 10,000 years ago.

Also...gameplay mechanics. Technically with this new equipment and machinery, they would have won by now. Its the same rule that makes villians in movies monologue when they have a chance to kill the main character. so someone has time to save the day.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Could be a case of "There's always a bigger fish", but in this case the Legion sends bigger tech weapons. They've continually failed to conquer Azeroth, so now they aren't playing around and just sending in massive weapons that we potentially cannot deal with.
    Pretty much. They basically went "Fuck this" and just throw everything at us now, when before they tried to get away with minimum effort.

There's a reason our goal this time is to cut of their supply lines, not outright defeat them.

They weren't operational before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    They weren't operational before.
    If only many Dwarves had died to bring us the information we needed to send in a squad of gyrocopters, attacking it's weak spot...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Like Independence Day 1 and 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Carrier has arrived.

The Legion doesn't actually know where in the Twisting Nether Azeroth is physically located. They need to be summoned there, drawn by a powerful beacon. That's why they needed Gul'dan to open the way for them in the first place.
    Once that beacon is in place, all bets are off.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan: "Great! Our awesome Fel Star Destroyers are positioned over Stormwind and Orgrimmar, order the ships to commence the bombardment before they are forced to retreat!"

Felguard #4728: "Erm, sir why don't we just order them to crash their ships into the cities? it would level the entire area, kill everyone and because they're demons they will just respawn in the nether when their corporeal bodies are destroyed"

Gul'Dan: "Shut up fool, we are luring them into a feeling of self confidence! Do you think Illidan, Arthas and Deathwing simply roflstomped these weaklings at the first opportunity? No they sent waves and waves of opponents at them increasing in strength so they could hone their skills and increase their arsenal, so that they could have the challenge they desired! And you want to just kill them before they can become a threat? Do you know how long it took me to train Bob the infernal to carry around a wooden stave and a cloth cloak without setting them on fire!?!"

Felguard #4728: "And how did that plan work out for them?"

Gul'Dan: *sigh* Look I need the awesome fel star destroyers so I can take part in the No Man's Sky launch okay? Just make the damn fel coffee...

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a guy in the Broken Shore saying:

"This isn't an invasion force... It's an army." Or something along those lines.

Could we assume that previous Legion attacks have only been smaller, more agile invasion forces that open the way to the mightier army that we got this time? The opening of them tomb has allowed them to warp in their full might.

Another, more plausible explanation could be that the Legion finally got enough Vespene gas lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    "Sunday villain dialog with smart minion"
    A good laugh indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Another, more plausible explanation could be that the Legion finally got enough Vespene gas lol
    Many laughs. HANDLE IT!

I think this is a new-ish tech that was just developed. I also like to think that in order to get one of those ships into our world, it takes a great amount of energy (kind of like summoning a higher ranking demon into our world).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Not enough pylons

"That's not a tomb! It's a space station!"
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.