10+ Year Old Account

Not allowed (yet) to do old dungeons and raids ?

Hey,

I didn't find a thread talking about this, sorry if it has been already adressed but while trying to do a MoP dungeons to grind my Anglers rep (well, to see if it's worth doing that way...), the game prevetended me to zone in and I got a system message (yellow) that recently created DHs can't do old dg/raids and that I should try in 24h.

Any idea why they put such a limitation ?

Thanks

Deleted
    I am preety sure it has something to do with people having plans on grinding raid-mounts by creating multiple DH characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    To stop people making demon hunters, clearing old raids for mounts, deleting them and then repeating.

Because they do not want people to create a DH, farm all raids, send gold and items away, delete DH, create a new DH, do it again etc. Mostly this is about botters but also normal players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your answers.
    I see. This is a bit annoying and I personnally don't see the problem if some nuts want to create DHs all day long a 1% chance on Invicible but meh, it's a minor inconvenience.

Enjoy your DHs all !

Quote Originally Posted by Metuere View Post
    To stop people making demon hunters, clearing old raids for mounts, deleting them and then repeating.
    Thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.jpg

But, the limitation is going away after a while, so I guess we can manage.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Hmm, that's weird. I thought this was the reason they got an hour-long intro quest chain in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Hmm, that's weird. I thought this was the reason they got an hour-long intro quest chain in the first place.
    There were guilds paying to transfer an entire raid team to cheat lockouts during world firsts, so an hour-long questline isn't much of a barrier to someone determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Same as boosted chars, you can't enter a raid in the next 48 hours

This is actually the most forward thinking I've ever seen Blizzard react...

In the past, this would have happened after a couple hundred/thousand Ashes or Invincibles were farmed up by pay shops.

Good for them (even though it angered me last night when I decided I wanted to run an old dungeon for a helm xmog)

I agree, this is a good thing.

I mean, a 48 hour lock only stops so much. There isn't much you can do to stop people from waiting 48 hours, farm all the raids, sell everything and ship it to a main. You could effectively cycle 10 demon hunters with 1 main on the account and get through 25 raid lock outs the first week and then 35 every week thereafter. Roughly 5k gold per character for doing Cata raids could feasibly net you 125k the first week and 175k every week after that.

JK 1 Demon Hunter per realm, I should do a little reading first it seems.
    Last edited by Zaratul; 2016-08-10 at 05:24 PM.

Yes but without it you could effectively have an infinite number of lockouts per week (limited by time of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just create a new demon hunter, make the 2k~ gold they gain from the starting experience, send away, delete, and profit.

Obviously doing legacy raids would net more overall, but doing the beginning experience takes almost no time.

it's 24 hours. i've been able to do legacy raids today

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    it's 24 hours. i've been able to do legacy raids today
    Awesome. Thanks for confirming.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There were guilds paying to transfer an entire raid team to cheat lockouts during world firsts, so an hour-long questline isn't much of a barrier to someone determined.
    Well, there's a huge difference between a realistic shot at a World's First and a 1% shot for a mount nobody cares about anymore.

But yeah, I get what you're saying and I do agree you have a point. Never underestimate the length some people will go to in video games.