Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The difference is, Lor'Themar wanted to defect, while VJ didn't. He just wanted to remove Garrosh which he viewed as a danger to the Horde.
    I don't recall him ever seriously and overtly entertaining defecting. I remember one throwaway line about maybe having to reconsider their allegiances and then putting a pin in that pretty quickly and definitively when the Alliance screwed up over again over Dalaran.

Deleted
    The choices were between Sylvanas (a bitch that actually saved the day), Baine (learning on the ropes didn't worked with Garrosh), Lor'themar (the Alliance sellout) and Gallywix (a greedy slaver).

I was actually hoping for Warchief Gallywix...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    I don't recall him ever seriously and overtly entertaining defecting. I remember one throwaway line about maybe having to reconsider their allegiances and then putting a pin in that pretty quickly and definitively when the Alliance screwed up over again over Dalaran.
    Lor'themar was already negotiating with Varian the defection, before the Dalaran Purge broke the talkings.

Deleted
    Most important question; will they redesign Orgrimmar again to fit the new Banchief?

loa have a plan (?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    A coward who turns tail and runs, abandoning allies in the middle of a fight?
    To save her own people, yes, she did the right thing. If you face total annihilation pretty much any leader would choose to save whomever that can be saved, whether or not they would abandon allies will not make the decision different.

I think Sylvanas is perfectly capable of running the Horde. She has loads of experience and is a brilliant tactician.

HOWEVER. I think she's a politically horrible candidate. She has no real diplomat ability. At all. People despise her, even her own faction's leaders.

I'm 100% Team Saurfang.

Yes, it was pretty stupid. There is no reason why he would trust her when he said he never did, to lead the Horde. I doubt it was just because she saved him and ran off on a horse. He might think that she's the kind of leader the Horde needs to fight the Legion, but incase you didn't realize, Vol'jin, crazy people with bad morals don't make good leaders coughgarroshcough
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyel View Post
    The living races of Horde would never accept undead Warchief. Just look at all the history of everything undead in Warcraft's lore and world, and tell me that any living race would accept undead as their Warchief or King from the playable factions? The transition from Vol'jin to Sylvanas is just super bad story telling, but it was done because it's "interesting" and "cool" to see Sylvanas leading the Horde.

I'm don't even care much at this point, seeing how much they have butchered their lore during the years, and how the story is filled with illogical decisions and temper tantrums from major characters just to support gameplay, or to have cool OMG moments, and that's just what this "plot twist" is all about too.
    Maybe not long term. But in the short term to go fuck up the guys that just killed the leader you really want.

Once the Legion is pushed back... we'll have to wait and see. Plus Sylvanas has been really... whats the right word here... careless with her life due to being able resurrect via Val'kyr... as much as I like her I don't foresee her being around very long.

Also technically speaking... WE... the players, are the horde. So if there is an outcry "Man we really hate this bitch... ima switch to Alliance." The writers may kill her off, maybe something else happens... who knows?

I don't know if you are an authority on what is good story telling. I enjoyed it and clearly a lot of other people did too.

Also at this point the whole alliance vs horde thing is a little tired and played out. Perhaps you are right and the horde falls apart. Maybe something happens and the Alliance falls apart. Then we start picking factions not based on race but on story elements. Similar to how we picked a faction in BC in Shattrath, instead players of those 2 opposing factions become enemies because of the ideals held by those 2 factions.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-10 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Once the Legion is pushed back... we'll have to wait and see. Plus Sylvanas has been really... whats the right word here... careless with her life due to being able resurrect via Val'kyr... as much as I like her I don't foresee her being around very long.
    Careless? Sylvanas' character is built around her paranoia of being afraid of dying and suffering in the Shadowlands for all eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Careless? Sylvanas' character is built around her paranoia of being afraid of dying and suffering in the Shadowlands for all eternity.
    She's died twice since what... cataclysm. I mean I feel like its a bit careless.

I only have 1 life, so dying more than once seems wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    We dont know what the spirits are, perhaps the darkspear Loa of death, bwonsamdi, has plans to ressurect Vol'jin and needs sylvanas to do it?

Baine is a green leader, would be like expecting anduin to lead the alliance.

Saurfang is solid, cant argue with that

Lor'themar was planning on leaving the horde till the kirin tor attacked them

Dont know why on earth you would think sylvanas is less qualified than the others though, shes an amazing strategist and would make one hell of a warchief, she stomped the dreadlords asses in the frozen throne, and probably is the best candidate to deal with the dreadlords this time around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Most important question; will they redesign Orgrimmar again to fit the new Banchief?
    Dunno but I like the term Banchief.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    Maybe if you actually knew jack shit about the lore behind Vol'Jin and had watched the horde cinematic and even played through the horde scenario, you'd see that it made sense to make Sylvanas warchief.

Deleted
    H-help'Jin is an absolute idiot, what is there more to add? He turned the bitch into 'Warchief' because da hooboo spirits told him so. Sylvanas is a juicy apple, but Garrosh was the bestguy det all monz needyed to stahp. Can't say he did not pay trolls bad. Now whenever I think of darkspear trolls I imagine some sort of island full of intellectualy challenged tusked beings. 'special mons' of the horde

Quote Originally Posted by animeprime View Post
    Why does Anduin get so much hate? For one he's still young and inexperienced, but he's shown that he's capable of learning. When I've interacted with him during the quests in Cata and Pandaria he comes across as a very earnest and dedicated royal that is committed to becoming a good leader. He is dedicated to peace, but he's shown like with the Divine Bell that he's still willing to sacrifice and even fight if necessary. He just doesn't mindlessly engage in war like the other leaders do.
    He gets hate because hes a know it all kid, annoying as fuck.

I think he has potential though, it seemed that he matured in his short comic, like he learnt from his mistakes instead of just being all 'im a dumbass kid that knows everything and your wrong and your wrong and your wrong...'

I think garrosh stomping his ass was much needed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    She's died twice since what... cataclysm. I mean I feel like its a bit careless.

I only have 1 life, so dying more than once seems wasteful.
    Once. And Godfrey teached her a lesson that she took by heart. That's even one of the plots for Legion (Stormheim).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Vol'jin is not a priest. he is a shadow hunter/monk
    I don't mean as in priest is his class, but he's a spiritual leader for his people. He regularly communes with their gods for advice.

Deleted
    I am far happier with this handling than of Garrosh and Vol'jin. Garrosh was just plain unlikable, no charisma at all. Vol'jin was always the type to lurk, to be the shadow commander of a force, he was never a figurehead.

Sylvanas? She is everything the Horde needs right now, she's ruthless, sneaky, charismatic and out of all the candidates to face the legion crisis? The best pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    None of the others were showing any remarking skill in taking leadership.

It wasn't Saurfang, Baine, nor Lor'themar, it was Sylvanas the one who saved the Horde that day.
    ah what Saurfang hes dead ICC....

Baine really all this guy does is run and hide and get taken prisoner.

Lor'themar has become the sole leader of his people and seeks to lead them to a brighter future. seems pretty caught up in just his people not the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It was a battle they couldn't win (she saw that) and their Warchief (King) was gravely injured and said to Sylvanas - "Don't let the Horde die here today". You think she should have gone against that, which would have resulted in everyone dying?

She saved her people, just like Varian did.
    Varian retreated because the Horde turned tail and ran. Together we might have stood a chance. Without the Horde, there was no way to win.

"Don't the the Horde die here.." No, much better to die a coward's death later, when the Legion has not just a foothold but dominance (remember, in the context of the game, nothing is for sure even though we know, as players, that we'll win eventually).

And again, during the Alliance scenario all we see are her archers standing there.. then turning and running. We see no conflict there at all. Now, that could be a really interesting comment by Blizzard on how any one viewpoint shows only part of the picture or just incompetence. I think, actually, it's the former and an interesting choice. If you only play through the scenario on Alliance it absolutely looks like the Horde abandoned us yet again.