Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    as alliance all i know is that horde betrayed us, once again. Stupidly the king trustet the horde as allies against the legion, and therefore he died. New King and Jaina will hopefully throw theramore bombs on Orgrimmar and undercity, resulting in deleting all accounts with horde characters and give all their gold to alliance chars.

After that , we should be geared enough to fight the Legion, without any fear of getting betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyjester View Post
    this one is finally it. Blizzard attempted it with mop as well, but didn't quite get it right. This one though...i feel like faction-swapping all my characters.
    did you do the opening scenario at all?
    Horde got multiple awesome cut scenes the allaince did not

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have played through both sides and I totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    I play Horde but I feel alliance got a little short changed.

1. Horde gets to see what happens to the Alliance during Broken Isles questline.
    2. Alliance doesn't get to see why what happens, happens, during the broken shore questline.
    3. Horde get a cutscene when the whole broken shore thing was done and Horde goes home.
    4. Alliance doesn't get a cutscene and we just see "weird posture in a chair". (trying to be vague here)

---

I kind of wish a Varian x Sylvanas thing happened. I think they could have been friends
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    I play Horde but I feel alliance got a little short changed.

1. Horde gets to see what happens to the Alliance during Broken Isles questline.
    2. Alliance doesn't get to see why what happens, happens, during the broken shore questline.
    3. Horde get a cutscene when the whole broken shore thing was done and Horde goes home.
    4. Alliance doesn't get a cutscene and we just see "weird posture in a chair". (trying to be vague here)

---

I kind of wish a Varian x Sylvanas thing happened. I think they could have been friends
    1/2) I think this is intentional (especially for the more RP focused) that the horde could see down the hill, and probably watched Wrynn die while retreating, Not up close but its feasable. Where as the alliance couldn't see up the hill and with all the racism/hatred especially between the gilneans and forsaken it wouldn't be a hard sell that the horde just fucked off instead of retreated for reasons.

3/4) 100% agree, that could of been an amazing cut scene with the alliance leaders arguing, anduin freaking out and Jaina getting out of there. Feels lazy that it wasn't done

Quote Originally Posted by morg View Post
    1/2) i think this is intentional (especially for the more rp focused) that the horde could see down the hill, and probably watched wrynn die while retreating, not up close but its feasable. Where as the alliance couldn't see up the hill and with all the racism/hatred especially between the gilneans and forsaken it wouldn't be a hard sell that the horde just fucked off instead of retreated for reasons.

3/4) 100% agree, that could of been an amazing cut scene with the alliance leaders arguing, anduin freaking out and jaina getting out of there. Feels lazy that it wasn't done
    should of been a cut scene and should of saw audin get crowned but no yet the horde wegot to see it all for them

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    should of been a cut scene and should of saw audin get crowned but no yet the horde wegot to see it all for them
    Yeah crowning would of been good tool. I just dont understand why they wouldn't of done one

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Did you forget like, the 7 horde warlords?
    Sorry, but this needs to be quoted and ridiculed; It's that bloody great! Keep it up, m8, laughing is great for my insomnia.

-

On topic: It does appear so; At least from these initial cinematic videos. My opinion might change as the Expansion develops though, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    This one is finally it. Blizzard attempted it with MoP as well, but didn't quite get it right. This one though...I feel like faction-swapping all my characters.
    Yeah, cant wait to watch them butcher another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sorry, but this needs to be quoted and ridiculed; It's that bloody great! Keep it up, m8, laughing is great for my insomnia.

-

On topic: It does appear so; At least from these initial cinematic videos. My opinion might change as the Expansion develops though, so we'll see how it goes.
    I'm not sure I understand your incomprehensible attempt at... well, I'm not sure what you're attempting, considering there is no substance to your post.

I'm not sure I understand your incomprehensible attempt at... well, I'm not sure what you're attempting, considering there is no substance to your post.
    I'd pat you on the back, but I'm still laughing and it would be awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    WOD was Alliance expansion, almost all bad guys were Orcs, and Alliance NE and Humans had best pvp racials.

And now with human racial got fixed in pvp and Horde got Female Leader its Horde time to shine.
    Human racial is still OP.

Deleted
    This will not be a "alliance expansion" more than it will be "horde". I don't even know where to start on this one....

Been playing since alpha and played the story / plot.
    It will be more focused on YOUR class , the creatures on the islands, the Legion, illidan and our friends the space goats.
    Yes there are alliance quests, but you will also find horde quests.
    Val sharah might be the only zone that adds just a tiny bit to "alliance expansion" but it is not much..

I really wish they'd do away with this whole faction bullshit, if only to make you people shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I just find it lame how they used Vol'jin as a scapegoat on top of making both him and Thrall looks like weaklings. But i guess they must make up any reason to get this nonsensical faction war going while having common enemies.
    Though i guess they did the same thing with Tyrion. At least Varian went out big.
    Faction War's pretty much beyond stupid at this point besides 'all for revenge' and that crap, no one able to listen to reason or anything for half a second, cool off or have half a sitdown anywhere. You'd think someone would've learned something from MoP (or associated novels) but apparently not.
    Last edited by Triceratrozer; 2016-08-11 at 04:36 AM.

Did you forget like, the 7 horde warlords?
    Because killing off horde lore characters satisfies horde players, i sure loved killing zuljin and garrosh too, cant wait to kill thrall and sylvanas!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Because killing off horde lore characters satisfies horde players, i sure loved killing zuljin and garrosh too, cant wait to kill thrall and sylvanas!
    Oh yeah, I was SUPER satisfied when Zul'jin was killed off.

Not to mention how they pretty much ruined all the Warlords in the first place. Ner'zhul was especially shameful, if you ask me. And Orgrim's half-second of spotlight before getting killed off was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Well it goes both ways. I thought SoO was definitely horde biased because it involved horde lore. Others say it was alliance biased because they got to siege our capitol. Everyone's got an opinion.

WoD actually felt like it was more about the PC than any of the factions. In a story line where the major lore players were, by an large, absent the actions of the commander of the alliance/whatever title the horde PCs got WERE what drove the story. WE kicked in doors and took out big bads and actually get credit for it for once.

There always has to be conflict between the horde and alliance because WoW is stuck in a dumb two opposing factions model they can't break away from. At least this time the events in the broken isles sets up why there is some underlying distrust. There were zero reasons for the horde and the alliance to be fighting in alternate Draenor. The SoO was over things were at, for the moment, peace. Oh yea and WE ARE STUCK IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE WITH A BUNCH OF CRAZY ORCS THAT WANT TO KILL EVERYONE....nope lets go kill each other over some relics instead. Legion is at least showing some basic writing tenants and setting up a reasonable foil for the plans of working together to stop the legion.

Deleted
    I don't know why but it never made an alliance character it feels like betrayal. I will always be horde.

For the longest time, Alliance players demanded some inner faction conflict to spice things up, because conflict is what makes things interesting.

The reason Alliance is boring is because all the leaders were portrayed as goody-two-shoes who never disagreed with each other and are more or less obedient to the High King.

Now that Jaina and Genn are finally bringing that conflict back, some people want to undo this and return Alliance to its usual boring self.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Oh yeah, I was SUPER satisfied when Zul'jin was killed off.

Not to mention how they pretty much ruined all the Warlords in the first place. Ner'zhul was especially shameful, if you ask me. And Orgrim's half-second of spotlight before getting killed off was cool.
    Yeah, it could have been an alternate version where the warlords were redeemable, but they just made them all dumbass villains, really disappointing.

As for nerzhul, my theory is that KJ ignored him because he knew that he would betray them while guldan was more likely to be loyal due to the events of the MU.

I feel like ally players just hate seeing any horde characters involved in any plot, thrall killed DW, sure, but bolvar killed arthas (presumably) then fordring became the new LK, ulduar was all ally lore, in fact WotLK was practically all ally stuff.

Mop we all get to kill off a horde character, +1 for the horde!

Ally just had it too good for too long, they had more faction zones from vanilla to WotLK, cata evened it out a little, then MoP deleted their 5th capital theramore, couldnt believe how big that place was till i raided it. They kept crying that the horde deserve to lose something, but we literally dont have any equivalent, not sure how many players would care if stonard got wiped out, its merely a flightpath for us to get to blasted lands.

Weirdest thing though is alliance thinking that horde enjoy killing their lore characters, id have loved it if kargath was a good guy instead or something