Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In beta I laughed uncontrollably when I chose to offer myself and was promptly killed on the spot xD Indeed I was also expecting some "you're too important, I refuse" but alas no. On live I just chose to kill the guy because I thought maybe he'd coward out and kill me anyway.. but no.

I guess I might not have an immortal demon soul, then. Illidan didn't confirm it!

I knew what would happen since the alpha at blizzcon. I made my choice then. I chose to sacrifice myself because I like the interaction with illidan, plus the guy you saved sticks around later. He never comes back if you kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    i killed myself too! thought it was a nice touch with illidan chatting away but i can't remember if i actually see the guy you save again though?

So, i killed myself too.
    But unlike you guys i just stood here waiting for something to happen to my body or to get revived or stuff for more time than i'm proud of. At least 1 full minute i was looking at the screen waiting for something to happen. Then i realized "holy shit i just really died? Like, regular death?".
    Must say, i love how blizzard gives little details around the game. Everything about the Demon Hunters questlines are awesome. The Spectral Sight being used on quests is awesome too.

Will make a BloodElf demon Hunter on my the Realm i play horde and pick different choices tonight.

I'm officially on the Hype for Legion. If the expansion is anything like those pre-legion quests this might be one of the best expansions.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    In a way, this choice has interesting implications lore-wise.
    Every time an NPC in the game dies in the game story, they actually DIE. Whenever a player dies, the soul gets popped, ready to return to the corpse. JUST LIKE A DEMON. So, are we, as players actually demons, or at least, their Light counterparts, rather than just normal Azerothians?
    Hah, there's potential for some funny meta-storytelling to be had here. Maybe the player characters have immortal souls because they are the avatars of the player, with the player actually being a tangible force in regards to the game's universe ...

I can't help myself but that idea sounds both incredibly stupid and awesome at the same time to me.

So what happened to the other guy when you sacrifice yourself? I came back and he was gone so I assumed he still had to sacrifice himself, but not sure :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Hah, there's potential for some funny meta-storytelling to be had here. Maybe the player characters have immortal souls because they are the avatars of the player, with the player actually being a tangible force in regards to the game's universe ...

I can't help myself but that idea sounds both incredibly stupid and awesome at the same time to me.
    one thing I always liked about WoW was that you weren't anyone really special, that you started off as a novice. While other mmo's start you off as some chosen one, special snowflake. Rift, ESO and SWtoR to name a few.

I'd prefer that we're just the survivors of every war and our numbers dwindle each year, while new races add to our hero numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    In a way, this choice has interesting implications lore-wise.
    Every time an NPC in the game dies in the game story, they actually DIE. Whenever a player dies, the soul gets popped, ready to return to the corpse. JUST LIKE A DEMON. So, are we, as players actually demons, or at least, their Light counterparts, rather than just normal Azerothians?
    you are a Dreadlord, Harry

I just went "whakety whack" and then was like "oh, wait there was some option there." Should slow down and read the story more.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I knew what would happen since the alpha at blizzcon. I made my choice then. I chose to sacrifice myself because I like the interaction with illidan, plus the guy you saved sticks around later. He never comes back if you kill him.
    He does. He walks around in spectral form in the class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    He does. He walks around in spectral form in the class hall.
    He does? That's neat. I knew he showed up if you kept him alive, but I saw a few people saying if you kill him, you never see him again. That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Not a invincible Demon Soul, Inmortal Deamon Soul he said.
    Same thing! Mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.