Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dalaran currently above Karazhan?

Is this part of the pre expansion quests?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    Is this part of the pre expansion quests?
    It will be, yes. Next week I believe.

Deleted
    how can i get to this currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Its there now... my toon is there right now.

Deleted
    Yes, found out about this wednesday when flying to the westfall invasion. Was quite suprised what the big thing is, that looks like Dalaran from below

7+ Year Old Account
    the quests are not available atm.
    but you can just fly into dalaran now, i did yesterday when i went to kara for a mog run.

Formerly known as Arafal

O.o are the npc's there?

Fly up. :P

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It looks sooo gooood!

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    O.o are the npc's there?
    Yes! They don't do anything for you but they're around.

It looks almost exactly the same. I'm very disappointed...

It didn't need a massive overhaul, but I mean... This is literally a Copy & Paste, with a tower in the middle. That's really lame.

And they took our the awful statue of tirion :P YAY
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

It didn't need a massive overhaul, but I mean... This is literally a Copy & Paste, with a tower in the middle. That's really lame.
    The whole city has been updated. From the ground textures to the buildings and even as far as how the lighting works at night. It looks a LOT better.

Except literally every shop has been redesigned and textures updated.

They have done quite a bit of cosmetic overhaul to it. No reason to change the city fundamentally. This is from alpha, but it's roughly up to date still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5fITTT-OM

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Except literally every shop has been redesigned and textures updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The whole city has been updated. From the ground textures to the buildings and even as far as how the lighting works at night. It looks a LOT better.
    They've added more stuff to the stores, but the layout is identical. Small changes, like outside Violet Hold would have been nice. Maybe move some of the buildings from the old "Faction Hubs" around a little too? Textures & Game Objects are nice, but it feels like a copy & paste job, which is such a shame.

They've added more stuff to the stores, but the layout is identical. Small changes, like outside Violet Hold would have been nice. Maybe move some of the buildings from the old "Faction Hubs" around a little too? Textures & Game Objects are nice, but it feels like a copy & paste job, which is such a shame.
    Bro do you want it on an episode of Grand Designs? Its Dalaran. The fact that it changed at all is enough.

The sewers is completely redone, too. Theres also floating islands around it with things actually on them now.

This simple description "its the same dalaran with a tower in the middle" is akin to saying Orgrimmar got buildings with spikes and nothing else on its update.

Again this is Dalaran. What use would there be completely changing the floor plan of the entire city? Especially one that almost everyone loved? They may as well make a different city at that point. I'd rather not have a Stormshield or Shrine, again. Moving Dalaran makes sense. Building an entire city from scratch amidst a demonic invasion does not.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-08-11 at 08:04 PM.

Dalaran has been praised as the perfect faction hub for almost 10 years. They changed a lot and kept the original feeling of dalaran. I feel they hit the nail on the head with perfect balance of giving us something new while playing on heartstings.

Bro do you want it on an episode of Grand Designs? Its Dalaran. The fact that it changed at all is enough.
    I don't think it's enough.

The sewers is completely redone, too.
    Can't seem to get in, so maybe I'm not giving enough credit.

Theres also floating islands around it with things actually on them now.
    All I can see is one tiny hut on one island. That's all ...

As I said, I know they did textures and added a lot of game objects, it looks nicer, but doesn't feel very exciting to walk into basically the same place. Even the stands from the old Daily / Weekly Quests for Badges in Wrath are still there, with the ugly portals behind... Just replace / remove them, put some barricades up around the Violet Hold. Add a few more bits and shits to the rest of the areas ...

It just feels too similar.

They typically don't change cities.... Org is the only city to receive an extensive overhaul and that was for story reasons. Dalaran is a fan favorite and there was no reason to change anything about the layout. Plus, they would want to have some lore-related reason for a city that suddenly was redesigned and there really isn't one...