Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Think it's obvious tbh.

Majority of DH's don't know/care how to play DH.
    The few that do can't compete in itemlevel (700 vs 745 ánd not having access to all talents).

I am doing 200-500% more dmg than DH's and my wife was in a near 100% DH raid that could not even kill an invasion boss...
    Which is logical since they are new and balanced around 110.

Would you want such randoms in your group? We carried our guild DH through HFC mythic and think he even got tierx4, but he is still way behind in dps because he does not have acces to all talents yet (only 2 tiers). Don't expect much from DH's in Pre-Patch, it is not their time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't recall grouping when DK's came out was a issue..

I do love all the smartass reply's tho.
    well you recall wrong. there was full blown hate of DKs for months after release
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked a Mythic dungeon on my Druid yesterday, party was me, resto shaman and 3x Havoc DHs. I don't currently raid, so my item level is what I've been able to get from Mythic dungeons and mission caches.

I absolutely obliterated every one of them in DPS as a tank (2 of them were above me in ilvl already), probably because they would keep dying all the fucking time to retarded mechanics.

P.S.: Same fucking thing happened with DKs in WotLK. Only exception is Hellfire Ramparts runs with 4-5 DKs, as they could roflstomp that shit like no one else could. It's to be expected that a new popular class will attract a lot of new people, most of them most likely never tried them before and are, for the most part, sub-par.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    well you recall wrong. there was full blown hate of DKs for months after release
    This. DKs were considered a total joke through most of WotLK. It took time for the serious players of DKs to prove themselves (and for the people who were just playing them for shiz and giggles to quit and go back to their mains). The same will happen with DH.

It's not comparable with monks; they're not a hero class so the barrier to entry was higher.

So has anyone else noticed how no one wants Demon Hunters in there group.

And this is why I love que systems...

Can't make a group because no one wants to be grouped with a Demon Hunter & can't join one for the same reason.
    Don't mistake a run already having a guildie or 2 and a pug or 2 in their group as not wanting to play with a Demon Hunter.

Tonight we had 1 guild member and 2 DH PUGS with us, that's a high probability 2 of them don't know what they're doing and all 3 are considerably lesser geared, so why stack that class?
    Last edited by Joeydivision82; 2016-08-12 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Nope.
    When Death Knights were released I saw groups with more than one of them all the time. While leveling I saw 4 randoms in the same dungeon on many occasions.
    No issue whatsoever with Monks.
    So this may vary by zone and realm.

Plenty of reasons for people not to anticipate this.

But instead of all the "hate" theories, how about a simpler theory - Havoc survivability sucks atm.
    Couple that with people not knowing how to play the class, and you get terrible performances.
    You saw groups with them but quickly the hate on dk's started and no one wanted them for random pugs.
    The solution is and always has been join a guild. We ran 6 DH's thru 13/13 heroic yesterday. One of them, one of are best players, was already hitting 50 to 60k dps in his and is giving out tips on them to the rest of guild.
    One the DH's tanked it and did more dps than his main bear tank does. A little squishy but with mythic geared healers he survived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    This. DKs were considered a total joke through most of WotLK. It took time for the serious players of DKs to prove themselves (and for the people who were just playing them for shiz and giggles to quit and go back to their mains). The same will happen with DH.

It's not comparable with monks; they're not a hero class so the barrier to entry was higher.
    Do people already forget what is was like doing the tbc dungeons with new dk tanks back then it made them near impossible to do. Since most had no clue and dk's did not have most of thier abilities either yet.

Deleted
    That's the other half of the issue like I posted.

No one wants to join groups with a DH and no one wants a DH. It has taken me all day and yesterday just to get a couple mythic dungeon's done. People have even gone as far as posting in there LFG title "No DH's".
    You are opening a group as a Damage Dealer alone? That no one wants to join then is not because you are a DH, but because you are a single DD starting a group. If I am a healer or a Tank I try to join groups that already have everything else.

And yeah, as probably most of the players don't know what they are doing after one day of Demon Hunters I don't want to have them either. Of course there are people who know what they are doing, but the average player does not. Of course it seems bad for you when you play DH, but this will change pretty soon.

Already saw a massive decrease in Demonhunters on day two, give it some more time and everything will be fine.

Deleted
    It's partly because of DH's, but it's also due to having a low ilvl. Getting into a group with less than 710ilvl as a DPS is a pita.

Death Knights were massively over powered when they came out, blizz has gotten a little better at initial tuning for monks and DH
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Getting a HFC Heroic group: "No, I don't care about your 711 item-level, your Mythic Archimonde achievement and your experience! No demon hunters! I'll take that full-pvp geared paladin who's tanked this in LFR once!"

Deleted
    1) Too many Demon Hunters.

2) You don't have your full toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    Getting a HFC Heroic group: "No, I don't care about your 711 item-level, your Mythic Archimonde achievement and your experience! No demon hunters! I'll take that full-pvp geared paladin who's tanked this in LFR once!"
    Mythic achievement means nothing nowadays they have been being sold for months, your dh probably doesn't have said mythic experience so even though you might it doesn't mean you know how to play the new class,people want as smooth as runs as possible in pugs they have no idea if you are one that knows how to play the class or not, and finally people in this game always hated n the new class

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because everyone is playing a fucking demon hunter atm and there's only room for 3-4 at most in a raid?

This did happen with DK's and DK's became known as a class played by people who didn't know what the hell they were doing and it almost became the new huntard.

im pretty sure most of the "no dh" groups dont want demon hunters because they already have a bunch of them, not because they are new or hated.

It's almost like when 70% of the people still wanting to do HFC and mythic dungeons are demon hunters you have to turn a few down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a new class, pipe down everyone.

Its like this with all new classes, let the nostalgia wear off and wow life will go back to normal.

In the meantime, MY DH Tank is fin fun to play.

Install the "Premade Filter" addon from curse. It shows you what classes and how many are in each group. Queue for ones with less DH's in for a better chance.

Deleted
    Hmm depends...
    5mans: I'd preffer not to have a DH tanking mythics for me at the moment, but i don't mind seeing them as dps.
    raids: I have yet to pug a raid since the patch... I hardly find the time lately

My personal reason is almost the same with all of those comments.
    1) People don't know how to play Demon Hunters, eventhough our main tank decided to play DH, we still don't accept her with her DH to our raids.
    2) Let's be honest, gear-wise, they can't perform as well as, let's say, hunters or mages.
    3) They have no bringings to a raid, while on the other hand some other classes have more upbringings, such as a Warlock Portal and Soulstone or a Hunter with BL/CR pet.
    4) This bothers me a lot, DH tanks are thin as a paper, they nearly have zero sustain comparing to a Druid or a Paladin. As a main healer, mother of a 739 Holy Paladin, I have insane difficulties healing a DH, rather than a Warrior or a Druid.