Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can this be purchased with gold?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. I was only looking in the shop when I should have been looking at the "solo adventures" menu.
    Last edited by drockrock; 2016-08-11 at 05:10 PM.

Woooooo I did it. I got invited to the party. I even wore my special pink shirt in real life to commemorate the occasion while playing. (Although after Medivh got kidnapped it didn't feel like a real party...

Finished the regular. Might try heroic prob not. I guess I'll do class challenges another time.

Btw I spent 700 gold. Not sure I'd pay $5. Idk. Felt like $3 worth of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the class challenges. Yo this heroic shit is hard. (Duh.)

- - - Updated - - -

Chess status: executed. Genius status: affirmed.

I had to restart so many times because I didn't like the openings lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chess event was excellent. A+ for innovation
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How are you guys beating the first heroic boss? The Prince guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Luck, really

There is no way you can win without cycling most of your spells back into your deck with Apprentice. Get a good opener with the 0-spellcost and the legendary summons and spam the hell out of hero power, keep his board under control and don't be afraid to toss a free Pyro at his face if you can (as long as it is recycled)

PROTECT YOUR APPRENTICES AT ALL COST.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Get 2 apprentices, spend the "spells are free" and unload 5-6 spells. Basically guarantees a victory. I did this and ended up with 26 hp and 8 armor. 3rd try. Definitely requires good RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Luck, really

There is no way you can win without cycling most of your spells back into your deck with Apprentice. Get a good opener with the 0-spellcost and the legendary summons and spam the hell out of hero power, keep his board under control and don't be afraid to toss a free Pyro at his face if you can (as long as it is recycled)

PROTECT YOUR APPRENTICES AT ALL COST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Get 2 apprentices, spend the "spells are free" and unload 5-6 spells. Basically guarantees a victory. I did this and ended up with 26 hp and 8 armor. 3rd try. Definitely requires good RNG.
    >Play the prologue the first time.
    >It's pretty awesome and makes me want to go to a grand party.
    >"Oh this mechanic is cool. I just tank damage until I can unload a one turn 0 mana spell + tons of spellpower attack on him."

>Start heroic
    >Prince took 30 of Medivh's armor and added it to his own.

Ya it's fucking hard. I was hoping you didn't have to cycle through your deck. Dealing with those 6/6's are rough in addition to his cards. Idk when to kill minions or when to use spellpower or what.

Doesn't really help that the Prince starts at 6 mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    You literally can't win without recycling most of your spells. Even if he was to do nothing every turn, you barely have enough firepower to get through all his health and armour. Add his minions into the mix which you must be removing with spells, and it means that almost everything needs to be re-added to your deck

- - - Updated - - -

Heroic Silverware Golem cheese:

Let him spawn seven plates. Control every other minion he has with spells so that he ends up with 7 1/1s on board and can't play any more minions.

Now drop an Abom.

He won't attack it.

Collect your win.

Might also work with Unstable Ghouls, but I still haven't worked out what the AI thinks with regards to these particular minions. He was happy to attack a ghoul when he had 2 x 1/1 and a 3/3 on board. He was not happy to attack an Abom when he had four plates and 3 x 5/5s on board. When I nuked a 5/5, he dropped a Cup buffing another to 7/7, attacked with his 3 plates, then ended, and after I BGHd that 7/7 and nuked the Cup next turn, he never attacked my 4/1 Abom again.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-08-12 at 04:11 AM.

Heroic Silverware Golem cheese:

Let him spawn seven plates. Control every other minion he has with spells so that he ends up with 7 1/1s on board and can't play any more minions.

Now drop an Abom.

He won't attack it.

Collect your win.

Might also work with Unstable Ghouls, but I still haven't worked out what the AI thinks with regards to these particular minions. He was happy to attack a ghoul when he had 2 x 1/1 and a 3/3 on board. He was not happy to attack an Abom when he had four plates and 3 x 5/5s on board. When I nuked a 5/5, he dropped a Cup buffing another to 7/7, attacked with his 3 plates, then ended, and after I BGHd that 7/7 and nuked the Cup next turn, he never attacked my 4/1 Abom again.
    Just beat Silverware.

I thought Moros + Mage power was ultimate but it was annoying. First time I tried Grim Patron it actually worked. That guy cycles through his deck like it's a fucking nascar racetrack.

Going to sleep. May try other 2 bosses tomorrow but damn yo sounds like too much of a grind for Medivh fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strat for Heroic Mirror:

Priest fatigue deck, loaded up with heals, steals and board clears.

Exploding Sheep x 2 and Doomsayer x 2 are your MVPs for controlling the board; Doomsayer in particular is your oh-shit trump card, for clearing out everything off his board. Zombie Chow and Corrupted Healbots are excellent for keeping you alive, as are the 4/5 Alchemists. Cult Apocathery does work (his counterpart on the other side of the board pops BEFORE the battlecry, so you get an extra bit of healing). Apart from that, you want double-ups of Ex Evil, Shadow Word Horror and Holy Nova, Shadow Madness, Cabal Shadowpriests.

His main threats are his Flamewakers, and Tony/Rhonin. I took one SWD for Tony and Entomb for Rhonin, and added doubles of Silence and Mass Dispel as backups.

I threw in Justicar but ended up not needing her.

Mirror WiIl eventually kill himself with fatigue.

I was originally trying the Doomsayer/Sheep/Chow/Healbot/Apothecary idea with a Yogg Hunter variant, to little success. As soon as I tried it with Priest as above, he went down first try.

After seeing how fast he drew himself out in my first game, I just threw together some druid fatigue deck with naturalize and darnassus aspirants to slow him down then volcanic lumberers to follow-up board clears and a couple of trees of life to survive after he draws his entire deck.

In retrospect, priest is probably better since the only way he does damage to you is through spells to face the same turn that he plays a bunch of spellpower minions. So simply healing your face constantly puts you out of all danger.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Medivhas" was my favourite part so far.

As usual, fatigue decks are easy wins on heroic. I beat Silverware with fatigue druid and Mirror with Miracle/Fatigue/Fel Reaver/Majordomo rogue.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Yeah I really like the idea of a recycle deck.

Put on my party shirt and got the kill on Heroic Prince. Took a couple of restarts, at first I didn't know what opening to look for. It randomly worked out thanks to the help of the legendaries even though he killed 2 of my 2/4 recycle cards.

Didn't try Heroic...mirror yet. That's the last one for me to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    "Medivhas" was my favourite part so far.

As usual, fatigue decks are easy wins on heroic. I beat Silverware with fatigue druid and Mirror with Miracle/Fatigue/Fel Reaver/Majordomo rogue.
    I tried Fel Reaver on Mirror. It did not go well. You mill him, but because you also have a Reaver on board and his deck is full of cheap cost, he mills you right back and with higher efficacy

I tried Fel Reaver on Mirror. It did not go well. You mill him, but because you also have a Reaver on board and his deck is full of cheap cost, he mills you right back and with higher efficacy
    you gotta silence it, bro

it's what purify was made for
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

This mirror fight goes against the rules. battlecries are supposed to go into effect BEFORE your minion actually drops on the board. But for this fight, the minion drops, it gets copied, and then the battlecry triggers. So you can drop a flame jugglar, he summons a 1/1 copy of it, and then the flame jugglar battlecry can kill it. Convenient but cheating.

Silverware was easy. Played a variation of Patron Warrior with lots of AOEs. Once you get board control with Patrons its over as you can just farm Patrons non stop.

Mirror was a bit tougher, but that was because I didn't know you could use wild cards LOL(didn't know you had to switch to Wild mode in Play Menu before it'd allow you to use Wild Cards). Once I did that I just ran a Mill Rogue with Deathlords and Healbots and what not and eventually mill them.

I'm having a B of a time with the Chess though. I get close but run out of cards and then he just hero powers my powerful pieces down and I lose.

...I don't have doomsayer for this Mirror fight lol my cards are garbage.

For chess, I kept restarting unless my opener was:

Turn 1: 1/6 Pawn
    Turn 2: 2 1/6 Pawns
    Turn 3: 2/6 Rook

but am genie so rest was cake

Actually I played a game without realizing what a disadvantage in cards you have so I got to fatigue and he just destroyed my board with his hero power and I couldn't do anything.

Just beat Chess. The key seems to be to make sure that you play your Queen before his and that the turn you play your Queen, you clear at least 2-3 pieces. By then you'll be up by enough that you can just start whittling away his face and win.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Just beat Chess. The key seems to be to make sure that you play your Queen before his and that the turn you play your Queen, you clear at least 2-3 pieces. By then you'll be up by enough that you can just start whittling away his face and win.
    I beat it first time. Seemed like a long game but I got the impression that you couldn't really lose, just like the WoW version..