Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    theres a draw around, i regret not saving.

Its Illidan and kayn, and the background is completly set on green fire. Illidan says: We did it Kayne, we saved azeroth.

Illidan and Kayn are basically sacrifice, sacrifice,sacrifice. Altruis tries to find other ways without sacrificing inocents. The cool kids think he is lame because he isnt edgy enough :S
    This is the fate of Azeroth, and all life. If you want to win without sacrificing innocents, get on your knee and praise Sargeras, and then you will be enslaved to go and fight the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerref View Post
    This is the fate of Azeroth, and all life. If you want to win without sacrificing innocents, get on your knee and praise Sargeras, and then you will be enslaved to go and fight the Void Lords.
    You simply don't sacrifice without thinking. Sacrifices are made when it's absolutely necceassry. It's not made because it's convenient. Altruis questions the fact that should some of those people have been sacrificed.

Many sacrifices can just be excuses.

It doesn't make sense because as a commander in the illidari why would I put someone as second in command who doesn't trust and will betray leadership? If he was willing to kill illidan (the demon hunter hero and idol) and his followers what makes me think he won't betray me as I get stronger? Altruism has shown to not out the legion threat as a priority and that cobtradicts the demon hunter's purpose.

Deleted
    Easy, I don't believe on the sacrifice of the innocents like Illidan and Kayn.

Hell, why we don't blow up the planet then? We "stop" Legion from getting Azeroth that way (that's the ideology that Kayn follows).

If you are going for extreme sacrifice route then you can just go join Sargeras. He is convinced too that destroying all potential world-souls is the sacrifice that must be made.

Deleted
    The nazis fought the communists. Doesn't mean they were good.
    Illidan and his people furthered the destruction of Outland. They were just as bad as the Legion.
    So then... why would I pick someone loyal to the core to Illidan, someone who could see no wrong in him? A fanatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    At the same time though, Akama just says fuck you to the Illidari regardless of the cost. I mean, Akama is literally willing to let the whole universe be destroyed so long as he can stick it to Illidan, so forgive me for not giving two shits about Akama languishing in the Black Temple.
    On the other hand, you're asking Akama to help the very same force that enslaved his people and created a shade of him to keep him in line.

It's just not because he dislikes Illidan, he's being ask to help the same force against he originally had to rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Night elf > blood elf

I don't care about reasoning on these things.
    This! Would never, ever pick a blood elf!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I can totally see Maiev using that to torture Illidan.

"HOY ILLIDAN. GUESS WHO'S BANGING WHO"
    HAHAHA

And Illidan is like

very

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Not to mention that his fallen comrades that he ordered to kill are now part of the Burning Legion, only because of his actions. He failed big time on this, something I really can't just overlook.
    No, they are only part of the Legion because they were weak. Was that not Illidan's speech? Only the weak fall to the Legion, maybe 1 in 10 would survive the training, the others would die, commit suicide or be put down after they went mad. Because they are weak. So if Varedis joined the Legion, he was weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fel733l View Post

Akama was being a shady fuck. Read the book, oh and Illidan fully planned to give Akama back his temple.. *after* they had left. I'm sure once they obtained the Sargerite Keystone.. Black Temple wouldn't be worth staying for. I guess you could argue that Illidan didn't give Akama an estimate on when he and his Illidari would stop crashing in his temple.
    Illidan was also planning to syphon all the water from Zangarmarsh and take it to the Black Temple where he would create a new Well of Eternity. While the rest of Outland would have died. Why would he have ever given Karabor once it contained a Well of Eternity? He would never have left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I have to say, Altrius has a point, Illidan and his Demon Hunters are becoming demons themselves.
    This. While Altruis's methods might be extreme, Kayn is an active hazard because he blindly follows without questioning. He's essentially guiding the Illidari right back down the path Illidan took (which led to a naaru-led coalition to take him down). The definition of insanity is trying the exact same sequence of actions again while expecting a different outcome; mayhap it's time to let Altruis have his shot at guiding the demon hunters.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That doesn't make Altruis wrong though, and I wouldn't say Illidan did nothing wrong, it's just now you know he's not a bad guy or an evuls guy
    That's why I added "sort of". Blizzard has been whitewashing Illidan for a while now. We're being told that all of his actions served a greater good and we were idiots for killing him atop the Black Temple. Under the light of this information Altruis' actions comes off wrong. He undermined Illidan's work, killed his students, that makes him a traitor to the Illidari. If you, as a demon hunter, shared Altruis' beliefs why have you stayed by Illidan's side until Black Temple raid anyway? He had your comrades killed, if you have no issues with that you shouldn't have stayed with the Illidari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Imo.

Altruis vs Kayn is probably the best lore blizzard has created so far.

Both are imo equally as flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinirlan View Post
    Because I was helping Altruis waaaay back in TBC with killing legion in Nagrand, that's why.
    Wait, they're the same guy? I completely forgot that was the dude in old Nagrand.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    On the other hand, you're asking Akama to help the very same force that enslaved his people and created a shade of him to keep him in line.

It's just not because he dislikes Illidan, he's being ask to help the same force against he originally had to rebel.
    And he refuses on the grounds that he is opposed to Illidan no matter the cost. As I said, he could care less if the Burning Legion destroys the whole universe so long as Illidan doesn't get his way. It's one thing to hold a grudge, but to literally doom the whole universe to destruction for the sake of that grudge is what makes me give two shits about what Akama wants or how he feels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Imo.

Altruis vs Kayn is probably the best lore blizzard has created so far.

Both are imo equally as flawed.
    same with the new dispute of Alliance vs Horde the cinematics were made perfectly for this

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Night elf > blood elf

I don't care about reasoning on these things.
    Night elf < blood elf*

There, I fixed that for you

Deleted
    I personally will choose Kayn because I don't trust Akama, he betrayed both Illidan and Maiev, who is to say He won't betray us to the Legion next

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC Nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nostalgia or someone really hating Illidan.

No other reasons really, if he was just a deserter then fine. But he payed people to KILL other demon hunters.