Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looked at screenshots from @OP post. I'd took first 3 pictures vs this 2 FFXIV pictures any day. Comparing MMOs to Single Players are stupid and illogical. And LOL@ No Mans Sky on this list. Game runs like shit on most up to date PCs even at low settings. Compare FF XIV with something like Black Desert Online and FF XIV is NOT current gen game by no means, it looks like shit compared to BDO.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2016-08-12 at 09:39 PM.

yes it's way behind and no wow doesn't look better. That's a laughable joke you'd only find here.

At the same time, nothing much can really be done, w/o remaking it into wow 2, which just isn't gonna happen.

I don't know what we're supposed to actually discuss here unless your fishing for that joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'd like to see redone in WoW is older armor and weapons, other than that, everything is great.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    To be fair, the recent changes to the engine make playing WoW on a shittier computer less feasible than it has been in the past. While its requirements are certainly tame compared to a lot of recent tentpoles, they are moving away from WoW being the kind of game you can play on your grandma's eMachine.
    Still runs better than Most games nowadays.

WoW's engine, for all that people like to shit on it for being old, is a major part of it's wild success. Same goes for the art style. As much as I'll criticize the game for shortcomings, the engine and art style are the last things I would ever bring up, and I'd only praise them.

WoW's art style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of those, and ages far better. Textures have never looked better, same as lighting and other effects. You're bitching about the art style first and foremost, and that's never going to change. Thank God. There are plenty of games with obnoxiously shiny "realistic" art style already.

Want WoW to look at its best, which is pretty damned good? Upgrade your computer and run at highest possible settings. Easy.

Also, No Man's Sky? ... What a joke.

Edit: Oh... Just realized who the OP is.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-12 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those are much more recent games running on engines which aren't like 15 years old. Nice try.

No Man's Sky also does not look that good. That is an up rezzed promotional image.

are you seriously comparing wow, an mmo with HUGE scales to single player/limited multiplayer games like no man's sky and uncharted? even now with this low level of details, I lag sometimes like in broken shore scenario and I play on high graphics setting which would be number 6.

Deleted
    Those graphics look worse to me. Also WoW is very complex with probably triple to quadruple more density in particle effects, which makes it virtually impossible to run well with those engines at low-medium computer specs. WoW is meant to be accessible.

I have an sli gtx1080 + i7 5960x and 2x 4k 120hz screen and staying at 120fps or higher on the current maximum settings is impossible during raids and this is with an engine that isn't as that taxing. So let alone with these engines, the average person would be sitting at 20fps on minimum settings, which would literally destroy the experience for millions of WoW players, especially those in not so rich regions.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-08-12 at 09:54 PM.

No no, the game's visual is perfect the way it is now. I'm VERY VERY VERY satisfied with it's "incremental" improvement. God look at Westfall or Elwynn Forest or any landscape during Vanilla, look at things now in the Broken Isles, it still looks as eye melt and as satisfying. It's OH HEY, AMAZZZZINGGGGG. I like improved graphics, not necessarily real life graphics or movie CGI, however I'm still hyped about graphics lol. Blizzard should continue to just "improve graphics" incrementally if it makes sense, and don't take a big risk with overhauling the game's graphics and make it look "real life" or "Playstation 5" or "Xbox 2". What works now is good. What they have now works. In fact, they should just improve it incrementally until it's "good enough", and then they don't have to feel pressure to keep improving it. It's perfectly fine to just perfectly stop at a point when it's "good enough", and go no further. Up until then, further incremental improvement continuously is fine.

BLIZZ---DON'T MAKE WoW LOOK LIKE DOOM. It's not necessary IN THIS CONTEXT. However, any games out there that's not WoW, don't let it hold you back. Improved graphics is amazing yo, so improve it as much as your heart desire. So yes, just continously improve WoW graphics up til "it's good enough", I mean, if WoW looked like Doom+, how would certain things like attack animations work that allow for immersive or satisfying gameplay? like warrior's Charge? Bladestorm? Mortal Strike? Smoke teleport? etc? maybe smooth movements? current graphics engine, improved, allow for animation that feels good to allow satisfying game play that stimulate the mind. Don't take a huge risk, continuously improve until it's "good enough" is good enough.

However, I'm a fan with improved graphics, again.

BLIZZ---I'M TRYING TO EMPHASIZE IT---DON'T TAKE A HUGE RISK. It's PERFECTLY fine with incrementally improved the way it is now... Just keep going until you feel it's "good enough". No pressure. Infact, don't worry about WoW 2.0 or WoW 3.0 or WoW 4.0.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2016-08-12 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    are you seriously comparing wow, an mmo with HUGE scales to single player/limited multiplayer games like no man's sky and uncharted? even now with this low level of details, I lag sometimes like in broken shore scenario and I play on high graphics setting which would be number 6.
    Have you played Uncharted 4 ? That level was absolutely massive and that's why I used that screenshot. It looks even better in motion and the physics are amazing. It's more than fair to compare them. The average game isn't going to give WoW a pass for being a MMO, why should we?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Anyone else notice this.

For example, this is how the next xpac, legion looks. (Images from google search WoW legion)

The fact that Blizz is still trying to cater to people playing on low spec computers really hurts everyone. WoW would be doing so much better if it actually overhauled it's engine so that it was actually competitive with current games. Back in WOTLK you might have been able to get away with the "we're refining the engine" excuse but now the game's engine is just so dated. It doesn't even come close to any current gen games and it's a big problem in attracting new subs. It really is time for Blizz to reassess their future with the game and whether to consider a sequel or a significantly improved/new engine.

[IMG]http://www.gamecrate.com/sites/default/files/field/image/world%20of%20warcraft%20legion%20_7.0Zones_Stormheim_
    [IMG]http://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/20]
    You can't be serious when you compare an MMO to singleplayer games. Especially not a 12 year old MMO. You just can't be serious. You can't be that much of an imbecile.

Oh wait, you're Tennisace. I take that back, you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Those graphics look worse to me.
    hahahahhahahahahhahah

i just came to enjoy the blizz/wow fanboy comments. thread easily delivered.

wow has looked like crap for a long time. games like black desert and gw2 are lookers, wow is not, its just a cartooney old looking game.

but you know what i enjoy wow, i enjoy gw2, i enjoy black desert. they're all good games and graphics don't really matter...the gameplay does.

i do always enjoy seeing a fanboy try to say wow looks great OR those posts of "beautiful" screenshots of wow that look like something outta 2008 are always a good laugh too. just gotta laugh/enjoy it and not engage. im bad at the not engaging part.

FFXIV looks like garbage.

I disagree.

1. I can play wow in 1440p and the textures look great
    2. I can play wow at 144fps, and it is smooth as butter
    3. I can turn all the spell effects, draw distance, and ground clutter, and max out AA, and even with Vsync off, it will stress any video card yet released at 1440p or 4k.
    4. The textures, character models, and new zones are super detailed and look awesome, polished, and fantastic
    5. The environments and artstyle are really better than anything most companies put out, I saw Assassin's Creed Syndicate in your list
    6. WoW is also a MMO, not a single player game
    7. All of the old content looks much better since the Legion prepatch, not just the new stuff
    8. WoW can accomplish most of the stuff on this list, while using a super cheap and old PC

Now tell me, what modern game on PS4 or Xbox One can beat WoW in graphics? I'd love to try it out and laugh at the OP as I did so.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with wow is that the game doesn't look good AND performs like shit.

Even if you have an overkill setup, you'll never be able to stay above 60 fps in every area of the game because the game is very poorly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    My problem with wow is that the game doesn't look good AND performs like shit.

Even if you have an overkill setup, you'll never be able to stay above 60 fps in every area of the game because the game is very poorly optimized.
    Can you please provie and example of "not very poorly optimized" MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    The amount of resources that would go into such overhaul is so high and the result so minimal that it doesn't even worth discussing.

It absolutely is worth discussing.

The game has gone from 12-13 mil in WOTLK when it didn't look as dated, to likely sub 4 mil now. At this point you have to look at major changes.

Even with its low-end fidelity, WoW has a *way* stronger visual style than most modern games going for photorealistic aesthetics. The art is really one of the things that's remained consistently good over the years.

Don't compare MMOs with singleplayer games. Also WoW's engine is more than 10 years old.