Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Making a Murderer" Conviction overturned.

http://www.businessinsider.com/makin...rturned-2016-8

Brendan Dassey was convicted of helping Steven Avery in the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach.AP Images

Brendan Dassey, the "Making a Murderer" subject who was just 17 years old when he was convicted of the murder of Teresa Halbach, has had his convictions overturned.

Dassey was convicted in 2007 to 41 years in prison on first-degree intentional homicide, second-degree sexual assault, and mutilation of a corpse.

John Diedrich of the Journal Sentinel is reporting that Dassey will go free in 90 days if state prosecutors do not refile charges.

According to TMZ, a federal judge in Milwaukee ruled that Dassey's constitutional rights were violated when authorities questioned him without an adult present.

Additionally, the judge said that Dassey's learning disabilities made him more susceptible to coercion by interrogators.

Further, the judge disapproved of the interrogators' use of bluffing during Dassey's questioning. They told the teen at least 21 times that they knew exactly what happened to Halbach. The judge felt that would have had larger than usual effect on Dassey.

Dassey is one of the primary subjects of Netflix's hit true-crime docuseries "Making a Murderer," which tracks the trials of both Dassey and his uncle Steven Avery, who were both convicted for the 2005 murder of Halbach on their family property in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.

Many who watched "Making a Murderer" were particularly aghast at the treatment of Dassey, who is learning-disabled and whose interrogation with police may have been marred by "interview contamination" - in which police let details slip to potential witnesses or suspects, leading them to believe and repeat certain facts.
    This is amazing. Finally justice for this poor kid.

Yea, just saw that there. Made a thread, but missed your one. His treatment was disgraceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. I just hope that he truly didn't help kill that girl. Those police fucked this up big time... if we find out in 15 years, that their fuck up costs the lives of more people, they better be held responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Damn. I just hope that he truly didn't help kill that girl. Those police fucked this up big time... if we find out in 15 years, that their fuck up costs the lives of more people, they better be held responsible.
    He did, Watch Murder made me Famous and you can watch his confession tape.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    if we find out in 15 years, that their fuck up costs the lives of more people, they better be held responsible.
    Innocent people have been set free after spending decades in prison for a long time now, and nobody is ever held responsible. Nobody rarely even admits they were wrong.

So no. Nobody will be held responsible. There is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    You mean the interrogation tapes and tapes where he calls his mother, which are available on Youtube, and in which you can clearly see the FBI interrogators and the lawyer and everyone else pushing this low-IQ boy into thinking he has done what he actually hasn't done, and then saying the words he thinks the interrogators want him to say? That coerced confession? Is that the one you're referring to?

What of Steven Avery? Wasn't his conviction largely due to the same coercion?

is that the one where after he confessed, he told the officers he needed to get back to school cause he was gonna miss a test? or the one where after he confessed he and his mother god confused about one of the words the officers used?

Cause all of it is some bull shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    What of Steven Avery? Wasn't his conviction largely due to the same coercion?
    He was convicted cause they "found" blood on/in her car that belong to him. There was massive amounts of evidence to point that it was planted there.

Good. This kid got sailed down the river hard. Hes borderline retarded, had a defense lawyer that wanted him to admit guilt, let FBI interrogate him alone for hours, pushed him into a corner with "if you admit it you'll go free" bullshit.

Kid can barely string a sentence together.

What I find really disturbing was the way that creepy fucking Ken Kratz described in vivid detail a incident that probably didn't even happen. Its something i'd expect to come out of a rape fan fic, not an actual incident.

Listen to that shit.

Lets not forget that this guy is the guy who sends texts to women that aren't interested in him, calling them nymphos and other degrading shit.

First time i watched that series I thought it was a bit weird that this guy memorized some fan fiction-esque story, apparently confessed by Brandon Dassey, a guy who can't string a sentence together to save his life and responds to most questions or dialogue with the word "yea" before his brain even processes what was said to him.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-08-12 at 10:15 PM.

Yea, his uncles case stunk of a stitchup. I don't know if he did it or not, but there was enough on show to cast some doubt, and asked some serious questions that didn't seem to get answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The whole doc was biased as hell and as is typical of these types of pieces leaves out a whole lot that contradict what they want people to believe. Of course the sheep eat this stuff up.

You can make Hitler look innocent through the power of video editing and ignoring inconvenient facts if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    The whole doc was biased as hell and as is typical of these types of pieces leaves out a whole lot that contradict what they want people to believe. Of course the sheep eat this stuff up.

You can make Hitler look innocent through the power of video editing and ignoring inconvenient facts if you wanted to.
    So, what are your thoughts on Brendan Dassey, edgylord? Share your opinions with us sheeple.

Avery's guilt is questionable. But this kid... He got steamrolled. I knew as soon as he asked if he was gonna miss wrestlemania. He's not bright but his genuine concern for missing wrestlemania and the confusion in his voice sold me on his innocence. His attorney wanted a quick meal ticket and a case closed under his belt. He thought by getting him to confess he could influence the Avery trial and promote his upcoming bid for judgeship.

10+ Year Old Account

Who is the sheep? The one who watches the documentary to come to a conclusion or what ever source you watched to get your info? Don't pretend for a second, that you did your own research, to come to the above conclusion.

FYI... The fact someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them a sheep. While a demand that sheep wake up and follow you, is an oxymoron.

Edit: done being a sheep... Fuck following the herd with English language... Here is my, pure and completely independant opinion:

Dctxyjjcytjhct jyckhcghhct ujyctchjt kvyukyuvfycs dxgfsh!!! Sfhxfhfhxf, ?!, fgjydxgh'
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-08-12 at 11:06 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Avery's guilt is questionable. But this kid... He got steamrolled. I knew as soon as he asked if he was gonna miss wrestlemania. He's not bright but his genuine concern for missing wrestlemania and the confusion in his voice sold me on his innocence. His attorney wanted a quick meal ticket and a case closed under his belt. He thought by getting him to confess he could influence the Avery trial and promote his upcoming bid for judgeship.
    Sounds like the kind of attorney that acteally shoud be in Jail.
    Making money on the misfortune of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Who is the sheep? The one who watches the documentary to come to a conclusion or what ever source you watched to get your info? Don't pretend for a second, that you did your own research, to come to the above conclusion.

FYI... The fact someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them a sheep. While a demand that sheep wake up and follow you, is an oxymoron.

Edit: done being a sheep... Fuck following the herd with English language... Here is my, pure and completely independant opinion:

Dctxyjjcytjhct jyckhcghhct ujyctchjt kvyukyuvfycs dxgfsh!!! Sfhxfhfhxf, ?!, fgjydxgh'
    Maybe because these types of docs are trying to paint a certain picture that they want everyone else to buy into for their own profit. If they don't then there is no point for it to be made in the first place. It's only after when you learn more about the case and all the facts which are always conveniently left out that you realize you were just being taken for a ride. Oh the cops made mistakes so they must be innocent.

I'll fallen for this crap before.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2016-08-12 at 11:23 PM.

Maybe because these types of docs are trying to paint a certain picture that they want everyone else to buy into for their own profit. If they don't then there is no point for it to be made in the first place. It's only after when you learn more about the case and all the facts which are always conveniently left out that you realize you were just being taken for a ride. Oh the cops made mistakes so they must be innocent.

I'll fallen for this crap before.
    Documentary aside, you can't sit there and say this kid wasn't taken advantage of. He was borderline incompetent to begin with, he was questioned without his attorney and parents, he coerced into an illegitimate confession plain and simple.

That is great news. Aside from the confession, which is extremely questionable given the tactics involved by the police officers, if memory servers me correct, there was zero physical evidence connecting Brendan to the crime. What the two detectives did was flat out wrong, they were basically feeding him information and using their status as authoritative figures to intimidate him into saying what they wanted, making him believe it in the process.

Confessions have questionable reliability precisely because the police use shady tactics and general coercion to force a confession. You might think people would never confess to a crime they didn't commit, but many do because they believe the police have a very strong case against them and they'll lose anyway, so they stop trying to resist.

Eyewitness testimony and confessions are the worst types of evidence, really. In fact, everything short of DNA evidence is questionable. Different people can have the same fingerprint, for instance, and at least one guy has been wrongly convicted on that basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If you believe that a confession always signals guilt I would disagree and advise having a read of this book https://www.amazon.com/Stalin-Court-.../dp/1400076781