Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm not sure why the Horde pulls it's leaders from all of the races, but the Alliance goes with a succession to the throne; but it's an evolving story, and I'm still hoping Greymane will eat Anduin and assume control. (in wolf form, because eating him in human form would be weird)
    He'll be quite proper, using both forks and a knife daintily, as befitting his upper-class Victorian background.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Talk about shoehorning. Varion is king, just because? Or, how about, he's king because his father was king? King Llane ring a bell? And that he was an original member of the Alliance, under Lothar? And that he was the King of the biggest human kingdom left standing after the wars?
    Read before reacting. Clearly, obviously a comment about him being in command of the Alliance as a whole, not his own royal title in Stormwind. And "because Varian" does explain that when there are alternatives at hand like Tyrande, Malfurion, and Velen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Read before reacting. Clearly, obviously a comment about him being in command of the Alliance as a whole, not his own royal title in Stormwind. And "because Varian" does explain that when there are alternatives at hand like Tyrande, Malfurion, and Velen.
    Or Shandris, Jarod, Wyrmbane, etc. You know, military leaders who could focus on leading a military without also having to deal with the leadership of their own nation. That would make a lot more sense for a Supreme Allied Commander.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Or Shandris, Jarod, Wyrmbane, etc. You know, military leaders who could focus on leading a military without also having to deal with the leadership of their own nation. That would make a lot more sense for a Supreme Allied Commander.
    I disagree. I don't think you should have a military leader be the say all guy in an entire alliance. They usually don't go out of their way for anything piece related and aren't really suited to make those calls. That's why you have a militar leader and then someone above him who makes the tough calls.

Velen would be my choice.

Anyway do we even know for sure if anduin is leading the alliance arm?

I can't find anywhere stating him to be high king

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is not High King. They haven't said that yet (have they?). As people have said though, Stormwind IS a monarchy so Anduin does automatically become King of Stormwind. He's not High King of the Alliance though, that was just Varian and now he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I disagree. I don't think you should have a military leader be the say all guy in an entire alliance. They usually don't go out of their way for anything piece related and aren't really suited to make those calls. That's why you have a militar leader and then someone above him who makes the tough calls.

Velen would be my choice.

Anyway do we even know for sure if anduin is leading the alliance arm?

I can't find anywhere stating him to be high king
    High King is Supreme Allied Commander. It's a military position. Their job is not to make peace deals or declare war. Their job is to lead the military.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Anduin is not High King. They haven't said that yet (have they?). As people have said though, Stormwind IS a monarchy so Anduin does automatically become King of Stormwind. He's not High King of the Alliance though, that was just Varian and now he's gone.

As I thought. That's basicly:
    /whine
    /thread

ITT: People not understanding what a monarchy and royal bloodlines are >.>.

Anduin is king of stormwind because of rite of succession. He's not high king of anything (yet).

Deleted
    High King is Supreme Allied Commander. It's a military position. Their job is not to make peace deals or declare war. Their job is to lead the military.
    High king definitely make peace deals and declares wars. Sorry if you haven't been keeping up to date

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    High king definitely make peace deals and declares wars. Sorry if you haven't been keeping up to date
    Which goes against what Metzen said it was:
    https://twitter.com/chrismetzen/stat...59705844957184

High King=Supreme Allied Commander.

Deleted
    Which goes against what Metzen said it was:
    https://twitter.com/chrismetzen/stat...59705844957184

High King=Supreme Allied Commander.
    Yeah back in 2012. The fact is he acts as a leader for the alliance. And anduin doesn't have that position. You have basicly all been whining for nothing

Keep in mind that in terms of the Alliance the title "High King" is actually a bit misleading. A more apt title would be "Supreme Allied Commander" or something of the sort. It's not like Anduin could stroll into the Exodar and start telling peeps what to do. It's more of a military position than head of state.

The mention of Anduin being High King was in the future. While Anduin has little combat experience now, it is implied that his future actions warrant the title. That being said, I myself would rather see Greymane, Muradin, or even another human take the title because I just don't like Anduin all that much in spite of their attempts to not make him a mewling pansy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

If he was set up to be a leader, then where the hell was he during the Dreanor campaign?
    WoD was all about giving exits for older figures to make room for newer ones.

Deleted
    The King of Stormwind has always been written as being more important than the title implies.

I recall that there was quite an uproar when Jaina called Varian 'My king' back in Icecrown Citadel, when she's obviously not from Stormwind - nor living there.

Is Anduin even proclaimed High King? I always thought that title was akin to Dwight D Eisenhower title of supreme commander.

Anduin should just be King of SW he aint even earned the title of High king!

Because there's no way in hell Wrathion would settle on marrying JUST a king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm not sure why the Horde pulls it's leaders from all of the races, but the Alliance goes with a succession to the throne; but it's an evolving story, and I'm still hoping Greymane will eat Anduin and assume control. (in wolf form, because eating him in human form would be weird)
    There's got to be some rule 34 stuff around for that..i'll google and try to find it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin has been one of the characters with the most exposure in lore for a long time now. The position of High King was only introduced in MoP as far as I remember. Even if he has not been chosen as High King formally by the other leaders yet, he will de facto occupy the most significant position in Alliance leadership from now on, which is what really matters. Blizzard's storytelling is far too haphazard to be consistent on things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    in lore terms, humans, specifically the kingdom of stormwind is the largest population within the alliance, furthermore "high king" is the alliance version of "warchief" and while he ultimately is head of state for the alliance, he does not govern the other races within the alliance as he does the denizens of stormwind, if he called for it then they would have to answer but there would be a democratic process involved, also, the alliance was formed as "the alliance of lordaeron" during the second orc war to help reclaim stormwind after it was overrun by orcs with the help of katrana prestor aka onyxia, and was predominantly a human coalition and the other races have joined over time, similar to how the EU works sort of, that's probably the best way of looking at it really.

itt horde neets screaming give worgen pls, like they have since cata alpha
    overwatch 2: waifu boogaloo