Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Horde Would've been better off with Garrosh leading against Legion invasion?

I mean, the Broken Shore was a pretty pathetic display of power from both sides. Why not at least adopt Iron Horde technology?

If Garrosh were still around, we'd have a massive army, an arsenal of Gronn with cannons on their backs, massive juggernauts and siege weapons (ie: the one that destroyed the new dark portal in one shot), and an array of experimental tech from his goblin underlings (Blackfuse).

Just looking at the way the Legion forces were packed in on the broken shore, it just seems like a few Iron Stars would have wiped them out and breached the Tomb of Sargeras..

Surprised we didn't see Sylvanas using plague bombs too.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Yes but also if he were in position to do this, all of the Alliance forces would be dead.
    A couple of rolling bombs is not enough to destroy the entire massed army of demons that Gul'Dan conjured, nor destroy the Tomb of Sargeras.
    And would Garrosh make a tactical retreat when the odds turned against him? No, so then all of the Orcs would be dead too.
    Soon followed by everyone left.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, maybe. but he wouldn't have let the horde and alliance live, he would've killed us all with the iron horde (if he could) then dealt with gul'dan on his own
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Why? Garrosh had no experience in fighting the Legion. He'd probably rush headfirst into a Legion trap just like Vol'jin and Varian did.

If Garrosh was still in charge, there would have been no trolls, there would have been no undead, there would have been no alliance and even the entire resources of a world would not be enough to deal with the Legion which has multiple worlds to draw on.

We will only win this by using something that the Legion cannot outright counter and that Garrosh had NO access to at all, The Light (in some way shape or form).

So nope to being better off with Gary in charge, not even close.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I mean, the Broken Shore was a pretty pathetic display of power from both sides.
    It's only, like, the biggest threat to Azeroth of all time and stuff. So, yeah.

You overestimate the Iron Horde and underestimate the Legion. The Iron Star in WoD trailer was not enough to even hurt Mannoroth (it only distracted him) and there were dozens of pit lords on the Broken Shore, among the thousands of lesser demons.

Not even mentioning the giant ass fel machine that Gul'dan summoned to stop Alliance from retreating. Beat THAT with "Gronns and canoons".
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was a resourceful motherfucker, he used everything he possibly could to gain power for himself and the orcs. I have no doubt whatsoever that he could stomp the legion. You listed some pretty basic stuff in his arsenal, you forgot that he was able to control the power of an old god.

I can only imagine what kind of crazy weaponry he would stock up on to deal with the legion if he had all this prep time.

An iron star the size of grom was enough to daze mannoroth. There have been MUCH larger iron stars than that, like in iron docks and the garrosh fight in SoO. A few of those could definitely take out a pit lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    You overestimate the Iron Horde and underestimate the Legion. The Iron Star in WoD trailer was not enough to even hurt Mannoroth (it only distracted him) and there were dozens of pit lords on the Broken Shore, among the thousands of lesser demons.

Not even mentioning the giant ass fel machine that Gul'dan summoned to stop Alliance from retreating. Beat THAT with "Gronns and canoons".
    Varian took out that fel reaver by himself. One of the warlords could take it out. Gul'dan wouldn't even be alive if garrosh wasn't challenged.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-08-13 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Garrosh was a resourceful motherfucker, he used everything he possibly could to gain power for himself and the orcs. I have no doubt whatsoever that he could stomp the legion. You listed some pretty basic stuff in his arsenal, you forgot that he was able to control the power of an old god.

I can only imagine what kind of crazy weaponry he would stock up on to deal with the legion if he had all this prep time.

An iron star the size of grom was enough to daze mannoroth. There have been MUCH larger iron stars than that, like in iron docks and the garrosh fight in SoO. A few of those could definitely take out a pit lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Varian took out that fel reaver by himself. One of the warlords could take it out. Gul'dan wouldn't even be alive if garrosh wasn't challenged.
    Are you for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

No even we can beat the iron horde

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the Broken Shore was a pretty pathetic display of power from both sides. Why not at least adopt Iron Horde technology?

If Garrosh were still around, we'd have a massive army, an arsenal of Gronn with cannons on their backs, massive juggernauts and siege weapons (ie: the one that destroyed the new dark portal in one shot), and an array of experimental tech from his goblin underlings (Blackfuse).

Just looking at the way the Legion forces were packed in on the broken shore, it just seems like a few Iron Stars would have wiped them out and breached the Tomb of Sargeras..

1. getting these massive gronns there would be dificult...

2. thing is guldan played with us... if he wqanted to he could have easily killed us, but he wanted to toy with us, as soon in seconds he summoned a fucking fel reaver from the sky... if he wanted to really kill us he could have... same with those iron stars one fel lord, or a large chaos bolt from guldan would take down those iron stars

3. yes if we knew this was going to happen, sure, maybe, but we dident...

4. idk.. maybe because the demons are immune/resiliant to the plague, as idk... they orignally invented it? and it would do more bad then good, as it was more likley to kil their troops...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

guldan was using a 10th of his power in the battle... he has become alot ALOT more powerful... but he was playing with us, he could have easily killed us all, but he wanted to toy with us....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I thought all the forsaken bio-weps were given a big no no from the rest of the horde? But with the new warchief maybe next time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. getting these massive gronns there would be dificult...

2. thing is guldan played with us... if he wqanted to he could have easily killed us, but he wanted to toy with us, as soon in seconds he summoned a fucking fel reaver from the sky... if he wanted to really kill us he could have... same with those iron stars one fel lord, or a large chaos bolt from guldan would take down those iron stars

3. yes if we knew this was going to happen, sure, maybe, but we dident...

4. idk.. maybe because the demons are immune/resiliant to the plague, as idk... they orignally invented it? and it would do more bad then good, as it was more likley to kil their troops...

- - - Updated - - -

guldan was using a 10th of his power in the battle... he has become alot ALOT more powerful... but he was playing with us, he could have easily killed us all, but he wanted to toy with us....
    Doesn't matter, there would be no gul'dan. Once the iron horde was done using him as a generator for the dark portal he's dead. Just like all the other warlocks garrosh has come across. He doesn't like them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    I thought all the forsaken bio-weps were given a big no no from the rest of the horde? But with the new warchief maybe next time
    in this fight they may have been allowed, but idk... with most of the demons not needing oxygen, like the infernal... i doudt it would do much to them, also since it was made by the dread lords originally, i doudt it would do anything to them, and also since the fel is running through them all, and its the most poisons subsistence ever... so it would most likely do little to nothing to the demons... well doing alot to their own people...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh had years to kill Gul'dan but was too busy throwing away his life long dream for the sake of petty vengeance. He could have killed Gul'dan, been his father's right hand man, and been a hero to all of Dreanor. Yet he threw it away to attack Azeroth. Garrosh would have been dead within a week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, there would be no gul'dan. Once the iron horde was done using him as a generator for the dark portal he's dead. Just like all the other warlocks garrosh has come across. He doesn't like them.
    yes... if he had been left chained up... but were taling about if we had let garrosh live... back then, if they hadent invaded, or we dident push them back, and they just killed them sure...

what shadow said... why are you trying to make garrosh out to be the good guy? he had his chance to kill guldan and be a hero... he dident
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-13 at 06:36 AM.

I don't think Garrosh would have done too well with the legion but if he'd gained wisdom like he did during Cata for the last two expansions, with his resolve he would have lead a far more successful campaign than the current horde leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Pretty sure Garrosh would have just Theramore'd the fuck outta the Broken Isles.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I just miss a whole bunch of things that could be brought on shore to defend azeroth. For example I personally miss death knights and darion... also Grom from WoD, he hated Guldan too, why did he not come to finnish him also Khadgar was missing and he is key character against Guldan. But back to topic, I think that Garrosh was much better with leadership then Voljin and Sylvannas. They just play along with others. Garrosh changed the barrens and orgrimmar to warmachine. U cant just think that some voodoo hobos and greenpeace taurens could destroy army of legion. Characters which want peace dont prepare for war they just tag along if war come.

I'm still not sure why we just didn't drop mana bombs. We lose nothing land wise. No body important was living there.