Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic + group composition help

Hai.

We got a group ready for mythic +. this group consists of
    Tank: Blood DK
    Healer: Monk
    Dps: Ret pala, Elemental shaman and me. Rogue.

I want to play rogue, but apperently the only spec that interrests me, assassination is garbage for mythic+ And now it seems like assassin will suck in raiding aswell after the last exsang nerf.

Which other melee class would fit into this team and bring something valuable into the mix ? We are aiming to go as high as we humanly can with this setup. The others arent rerolling

It must also be viable for raiding.

Any tips for a scrub is appreciated
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-08-11 at 07:07 PM.

DH. They are doing really well in Mythic+. Or if you want ranged then go fire mage.

How are Frost dk's and fury warriors ? Really not seeing myself as a DH tbh

Warriors are also quite ok
    Over Frost DKs I would prefer Unholy.

Also WW monk has insane AoE abilities, You should check him out.

Ret is total shit, btw.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Stick with Rogue.

10% dmg nerf for a class that was 20-30% ahead of others is hardly something to cry about, the entire community knew rogues had to be brought back in line with their outragous dps. Even the rogue community was expecting it and knew it couldn't go on like this.

Though tbh you should go with 1 melee max, so any pure ranged class would be best (warlock, mage or hunter).

get the pally and monk to swap roles and you have a solid lineup. warrior/dk to replace rogue

Deleted
    Pretty sure Rogue is still one of if not the best best melee spec despite the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Ret is total shit, btw.
    Second this. Ret is really blah.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We are aiming to go as high as we humanly can with this setup. The others arent rerolling
    Yeah good luck with that. Not that I don't think you can't do it, but the Paladin will definitely keep you down.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Second this. Ret is really blah.

Yeah good luck with that. Not that I don't think you can't do it, but the Paladin will definitely keep you down.
    2 melee & a tank is really going to keep them down as well.
    It is horrible to heal a 3 man in melee group.

Id prefer 2 ranged, healer, 1 melee & tank.

Thanks guys. A lot of solid tips here. Will have to talk with my friends and get this sorted.

Despite what some posters are telling you here (I suspect inexperience in acutal mythic+), 2 melee is more than viable, rogue is great for boss damage, especially since bosses take a pretty large chunk of the time in m+. Ret is utter shit though, DH or DK would work best. Elemental is fine, give you BL as well, which is nice.

DK tank can contribute good portions of damage, so you got that covered. Monk healer is suboptimal, but will work, druid would be better at pretty much anything and everything.

Summary: reroll the ret to DH and you got a pretty great group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Despite what some posters are telling you here (I suspect inexperience in acutal mythic+), 2 melee is more than viable
    I think most people meant that melee typically take more damage than range do... in both boss encounters and trash. I have healed lots of mythic+ and the beta seems to have a plethora of melee on it... and some fights aren't very friendly to having 1 tank + 2-3 melee dps. Are they doable? Sure, especially at the lower levels or with good gear. Are they ideal? No.

Deleted
    Tank: Blood DK
    Healer: Monk
    Dps: Ret pala, Elemental shaman and me. Rogue.
    There are a couple of issues
    -> the ret paladin. There's nothing in Mythic+ that an unholy dk isn't twice as good for, and we're not even discussing dmg yet.

->the melee setup. In your current configuration, every ranged type ability would go on the elemental shaman(the monk healer can't be targeted by ranged abilities), which has OK mobility and survival cds but not amazing ones. if your monk was a druid and your shaman a mage it would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    There are a couple of issues
    -> the ret paladin. There's nothing in Mythic+ that an unholy dk isn't twice as good for, and we're not even discussing dmg yet.

->the melee setup. In your current configuration, every ranged type ability would go on the elemental shaman(the monk healer can't be targeted by ranged abilities), which has OK mobility and survival cds but not amazing ones. if your monk was a druid and your shaman a mage it would be much better.
    The thing is. We are 5 friends who are raiding together in a guild. We planned to also do mythic+. Those are our mains which we gonna raid with. So basically the only way then would be to make a seperate team of mythic + alts. And that is not something i expect of the others to care about doing

The ret pala have however changed his main to a monk. But that doesn't really help much.

I might make a mage or atleast a ranged for mythic+ because i am more or less the only one in our group that will have the time to keep 2 chars up to date.

This became a much larger problem than i wanted it to be
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-08-14 at 02:44 PM.

The thing is. We are 5 friends who are raiding together in a guild. We planned to also do mythic+. Those are our mains which we gonna raid with. So basically the only way then would be to make a seperate team of mythic + alts. And that is not something i expect of the others to care about doing

The ret pala have however changed his main to a monk. But that doesn't really help much.

I might make a mage or atleast a ranged for mythic+ because i am more or less the only one in our group that will have the time to keep 2 chars up to date.

This became a much larger problem than i wanted it to be
    You don't have the time to keep two characters up to date. No one has the time to keep even one character, "up to date". You're probably vastly underestimating how much character power you can get in Legion through raw grinding. You're going to see far superior numbers by playing a single character all the time, regardless of what the spec is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You don't have the time to keep two characters up to date. No one has the time to keep even one character, "up to date". You're probably vastly underestimating how much character power you can get in Legion through raw grinding. You're going to see far superior numbers by playing a single character all the time, regardless of what the spec is.
    Even a bigger reason to not make a team of mythic+ chars that we really do not want to play in raids and in general.

I guess we just have to go with what we got and make the best out of a bad situation

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Despite what some posters are telling you here (I suspect inexperience in acutal mythic+), 2 melee is more than viable,
    2 melee is as long as those melee are either monk/dk/dh -_- thing is having 1 melee will be always superior untill blizzard balances the game properly not around ranges havig huge advantage over melee
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-14 at 04:18 PM.

2 melee is fine even in 10+.... Your melee just have to be good players.

Deleted
    Test things out at 110 during the 2-3 weeks until mythic+dungs open. u can run hcs/mythic and see which class will suit you the best.

Having healed on beta as a Resto Shaman, my favorite Mythic plus comp was three melee for obvious reasons, and it worked just fine. I did up to Mythic 6 without any issues. Never tried above that.

Monk Healers can be hit or miss for Mythic+, not because they are weak healers (they're fine strength-wise), but because they're going to need to be in melee range and that can be problematic every now and then, when you need to heal but have to be always moving to avoid the melee crapfest.