Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did the Pool of Judgment video help your decision?

Was it meant to help your decision? but how... help me figure out how the scenes shown there help you choose between kayn and Altruis, it really looks like the poster child for Illidan and demon hunters, a really cool one too, but I don't think I'm left with any more clarity on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the cut scene it showed had absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand... Nope.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Given that the cut scene it showed had absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand... Nope.
    Exactly this. I assumed we would get more background information for both of the characters but nope.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    is there any vid of the cutscene, i preordered not prepurchased so i cant play it right now, and the beta wont show shit.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeha i had no clue who either of the two characters were :S

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    is there any vid of the cutscene, i preordered not prepurchased so i cant play it right now, and the beta wont show shit.
    It is the harbinger video about demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's the harbinger: Illidan video.

As for the OP it showed me that Illidan is an alright guy. So Kayn all the way

They just inserted the Harbingers - Illidan video into the game. And while I find that cool, it had nothing to do with the choice you were making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeha i had no clue who either of the two characters were :S
    Altruis was a questgiver back in BC. I can't recall if Kayn existed prior to the DH starting zone, but he's basically there to be a stand-in for Illidan's ideals as a counterpoint to Altruis's (Altruis is more of an old-school demon hunter, a lone wolf who fights the Legion without becoming like them, while Illidan teaches victory at any cost).

On-topic, no, the video didn't really influence my decision, but it did inspire my character's backstory some. Given that she's a blood elf, I made her a survivor of the Scourging of Quel'Thalas and one of the soldiers Kael'thas took to Outland, where she joined the Illidari. However, she sided with Altruis as she saw the Illidari following the same path Kael'thas's loyalists took, and that brought too many memories of the Scourge to mind for her liking.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    ah thanks.

so basically they let you watch something that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision you are making.
    great.

Formerly known as Arafal

Now that I look back to the description from Kor'vas ("The Pool of Judgment can reflect memories of the past. Touch it, and draw upon your own recollections. Remind them what it meant to fight under Lord Illidan. Remind them why we took the demon hunter’s path."), the Pool of Judgment seem to be implemented to sway your opinion against Altruis. Why? Because it showed that:

1) Altruis DID fight together with Illidan and the DHs before, which meant he was shown the vision of how dangerous the true might of the Legion was from Illidan and knew that Illidan & the DH were seriously fighting against the Legion before he (Altruis) split off. Still, he planned behind their backs to kill the ones who were fighting together with him just because he didn't agree with their methods - in comparison, they didn't take any action when he left. That's even worse than Akama - at least Akama has the excuses of not knowing fully about the details Illidan's plans and being treated badly. I said in another thread that Altruis' "betrayal" could be understandable if he split off before taking a battle with the Illidari, and thus, didn't know about them and Illidan clearly. However, the pool showed that it wasn't the case.

2) There is a difference between the DHs + Illidan and the demons. They are clearly not - as Altruis put it in TBC - "corrupted by power and twisted by defeat". So while Altruis' opinion isn't necessarily unreasonable, it wasn't too close to the truth either. And he was so confident / zealous of his own opinion that he killed his own kind for that. Not too wise, aren't we?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Now that I look back to the description from Kor'vas ("The Pool of Judgment can reflect memories of the past. Touch it, and draw upon your own recollections. Remind them what it meant to fight under Lord Illidan. Remind them why we took the demon hunter’s path."), the Pool of Judgment seem to be implemented to sway your opinion against Altruis. Why? Because it showed that:

1) Altruis DID fight together with Illidan and the DHs before, which meant he was shown the vision of how dangerous the true might of the Legion was from Illidan and knew that Illidan & the DH were seriously fighting against the Legion before he (Altruis) split off. Still, he planned behind their backs to kill the ones who were fighting together with him just because he didn't agree with their methods - in comparison, they didn't take any action when he left. That's even worse than Akama - at least Akama has the excuses of not knowing fully about the details Illidan's plans and being treated badly.
    2) There is a difference between the DHs + Illidan and the demons. They are clearly not - as Altruis put it in TBC - "corrupted by power and twisted by defeat". So while Altruis' opinion isn't necessarily unreasonable, it wasn't too close to the truth either. And he was so confident / zealous of his own opinion that he killed his own kind for that. Not too wise, aren't we?
    Well with what Illidan did to get what he needed to do and what he did to that one planet in the novel. Yeah he's getting to a point as being as bad as the demons he hates. i won't disagree he did deal a big blow to the Legion though and with Mar'dum they did something to.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-08-13 at 10:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Exactly not this.

The video shows that Illidan the Elf and his cause are not crazy at all especially the Elf himself, Illidan knows what he is doing and is doing it rightly
    - this supports Kayn
    The video also shows the heart of what it is about, personal sacrifice no matter what is given to save all, the cause is paramount - this is so Altruis. who rebels for a while against Illidan when the master starts sacrificing others. Altruis bleieves Illidan lost sight of that which is why the Sha'tar array against him in the end in TBC

Deleted
    I think that video is meant to show you what the Illidari are like, since the two options your character get basically boil down to being an Illidari demon hunter, or a renegade demon hunter. At least, that's my personal interpretation of the choice between both characters.

I went in with the intention to choose Altruis, but the video reminded me of how much good Illidan is inside despite being a shit head, so I chose Kayn instead to remain an Illidari. So yes, it actually changed my mind.

Man, Illidan smiling at that young huntress after saving her life was very heart warming. Also, I came to understand the difference between the demon hunters and the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well with what Illidan did to get what he needed to do and what he did to that one planet in the novel. Yeah he's getting to a point as being as bad as the demons he hates.
    ? Why? Are you saying it's bad to destroy a demon's homeworld? I can understand that his other actions are questionable morally, but I don't see anything wrong with destroying Nathreza.

Altruis didn't kill his own kind, we did, at the order of the Aldor/Scryers too, Altruis gives us Varedis' secret, and points out how it seems - 1. Varedis has given in to power corruption and is a danger to everything. 2. Illidan is not currently acting wisely, Altruis feels that his defeated has twisted him.

truth? Illidan wasn't behaving rightly, but not entirely for the reasons Altruis thought, just partly. Altruis shows his heart is pure for the cuase alone, and whiles Illidan is also, Illidan did go off a lil bit there. Kayn actually displayed the trust in Illidan that Altruis should have, but Illidan's behaviour quite rightly did not warrant that trust- Illidan pulls through in the end, but it's @take it on good faith@ situation rather than rely on the proven record. The proven record in TBC shows illidan as untrustworthy, but he will self correct those errors and so his followers should have more faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I felt kinda cheated honestly. I was hoping it would be something that would help me chose. It didn't.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    ? Why? Are you saying it's bad to destroy a demon's homeworld? I can understand that his other actions are questionable morally, but I don't see anything wrong with destroying Nathreza.
    It's the whole destroying Planet that's Legion held. We don't want it to suddenly becoming a thing. That's all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If you picked Garrosh for next warchief, you picked the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's the whole destroying Planet that's Legion held. We don't want it to suddenly becoming a thing. That's all.
    I'm pretty sure we'd want to do that if we can. It's not like there were anything other than demons on those planets... The Pantheon also did that way before the demons were powerful enough to do so, but I don't see anyone calling them bad (or close to demons).