What kind of WoW experience can I expect from a "Puppy" computer?

Total hardware noob here. Never built a computer in my life, planning on winging it with online guides. I'm tempted to indulge and go past my original budget just to get the best gaming experience I can, but just for reference, what can I really expect from a "Puppy", in regards to just World of Warcraft? I wouldn't have to stick to low settings across the board, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Total hardware noob here. Never built a computer in my life, planning on winging it with online guides. I'm tempted to indulge and go past my original budget just to get the best gaming experience I can, but just for reference, what can I really expect from a "Puppy", in regards to just World of Warcraft? I wouldn't have to stick to low settings across the board, right?
    Forget Build of the Month, it's bad. Fill this out, make sure to answer as detailed as possible, we will help you out:

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

With Legion to be out soon, I suggest you this (assuming by puppy you mean a cheaper PC)

CPU: Phenom II X4
    GPU: AMD R7 260X
    RAM: 6 GB
    HDD: Around 50gb space.

With this you will be able to play the game in med-low settings.
    P.S will suggest you add up to 8gb if you can.

P.S.S Screen resolution matters as well. Are you planing to play on 1080 or above ?
    Last edited by JalJaze; 2016-08-14 at 07:35 AM.

what is your budget? Do you need Windows, a screen or just the essential hardware?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JZbdD8

Under 700$ Budget Build - Does not Include Windows or Mouse / Keyboard / Monitor / Speakers / Headset / Etc.

Includes A solid state drive and 1 Tb standard hard drive, 8 GB of fast memory, a powerful radeon card and capable 8 core processor.

Base Total: $689.63
    Mail-in Rebates: -$35.00
    Shipping: $2.98
    Total: $657.61

- - - Updated - - -

Under 650$ Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qvJRTH

Base Total: $645.19
    Mail-in Rebates: -$45.00
    Shipping: $1.99
    Total: $602.18

(No SSD, cheaper memory, cheaper cpu heatsink) There are cheaper cases of course but wouldn't sacrifice anymore on the CPU/GPU.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-08-14 at 09:00 PM.

fill in the sticky and we can help!

off-topic, what is your team imperial system about? i'm pretty sure the US uses US Customary measurements which are slightly different to imperial measurements. but if it is something else entirely, i'd love to know what