Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Affliction Nurfed

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - August 11

When Unstable Affliction is dispelled, it now deals 120% of the remaining spell damage (was 200%)

Affliction
    Stat Template

Intellect: 120% (down from 155%)

So the nurfs begin ...

As it stands UA is already being dispelled and healers not caring .. Now its a clear message that dispel protection is meaningless ..

They really want melee to reign supreme and any one who poses a threat will get nurfed to the ground!

Deleted
    Leave my pve out of your pvp issues!

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    That's why they have templates, so that they dont need to nerf them in pve if they are overpowered in pvp or vice versa.

It was fun while it lasted, back to bending over for our melee overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much needed nerfs. This is probably just for the pre-expansion. They'll probably set it back to the way it was when expansion is released.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Much needed nerfs. This is probably just for the pre-expansion. They'll probably set it back to the way it was when expansion is released.
    hahahahhaha...no.
    Sorry but this is a repeating process, warlocks are always somewhat strong when pre-patch initially comes out and then they get nerfed through the ground. If it goes different this time then I am very pleasantly surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    hahahahhaha...no.
    Sorry but this is a repeating process, warlocks are always somewhat strong when pre-patch initially comes out and then they get nerfed through the ground. If it goes different this time then I am very pleasantly surprised.
    I personally hope they don't get buffed since I don't play one and don't feel like dealing with immortal Locks spamming life drain on me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    never saw a boss use cleanse on himself -.-.

the nerf is ok. a stacked up UA could oneshot a healer. it was way too strong in pvp.

Lock dots don't annoy me, it's their insane god shields which takes 3 people to chip at

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Lock dots don't annoy me, it's their insane god shields which takes 3 people to chip at
    If you mean the talent Demon Skin its 20% of maximum HP ... Which also means they do not have Death Coil or Howl of Terror .. Assume 600k for easy math that is 120k .. 120k takes x3 people? If you are talking about the talent Dark Pact which is 200k in PvP now consider that the Warlock did not take Portal which means the Warlock is like a cerement brick in water ..

Interrupt / Stun / Stun / Stun / Interrupt .. Warlock dead ..

Players who do not Interrupt lose ... what is wrong with that?

What you should be whining about is not the Warlock, rather the immortal healer behind him ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-08-14 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class that rely on having dot(s) on their target should have powerfull dispell protection. I am not playing warlock anymore and I find em almost imbosible to kill but their UA should take atleast 50% of the dispellers HP away and silence for 5 seconds. In same time UA should be a skill that you use once on target to burst down the target with dot protection. Not somethin you just throw everywhere for almost free since afflis shard generation is atm bit too high.

Same protection should be on SP and Ele or change eles flameshock maelstrom free so they could even once in 30 mins use the maelstrom to what it's ment to be used.

Boomies dot protection should be that if someone dispels moonfire and sunfire both dots transfer to the dispeller.
    Someone dispelling boomie dots is ok in BGs but in arena it's almost useless to put em up because they get dispelled faster than you gain the benefit from em nowadays because of low spam dmg. This probably will be better at 110 since there is a talent that spreads moonfire to 1 random target and sunfire already has aoe effect.

I knew the QQ would come now from the Locks. You got nerfed in pvp cos your dmg was too high and it was about time, obviously.
    You still have an OP shild/leech/survivability. If youre not happy with it, reroll!

15+ Year Old Account
    locks are in a good place not. just watch any of the top streamers in legion beta. locks are still top dps if not close, they are fine not. Maybe a little of a buff but overall a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    If you mean the talent Demon Skin its 20% of maximum HP ... Which also means they do not have Death Coil or Howl of Terror .. Assume 600k for easy math that is 120k .. 120k takes x3 people? If you are talking about the talent Dark Pact which is 200k in PvP now consider that the Warlock did not take Portal which means the Warlock is like a cerement brick in water ..

Interrupt / Stun / Stun / Stun / Interrupt .. Warlock dead ..

Players who do not Interrupt lose ... what is wrong with that?

What you should be whining about is not the Warlock, rather the immortal healer behind him ..
    You do realize thats almost 700k hp that people have to chip at right? and as for interupting, not gonna happen with a dot class and when they do have to cast they can just pop UE.

The real question here is, who thought it was a good idea for afflilock to have 155% intel in the first place ?

7+ Year Old Account
    You do realize thats almost 700k hp that people have to chip at right? and as for interupting, not gonna happen with a dot class and when they do have to cast they can just pop UE.
    So? Once we can blink and frost nova you, we can talk about nerfing our hp/tankiness.

The damage and control comes from abilities that require casting .. Without UA+Fear+Life Drain Affi will do ZERO damage .. why? Dispel .. Dispel .. Dispel

dmg seemed fine, they should have just cut the shields by 50-60%

15+ Year Old Account
    just watched a rank 1 lock on beta last night. stacking UA's were hitting for 450k and the dispel hit for 5mill. id say lock is fine

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    just watched a rank 1 lock on beta last night. stacking UA's were hitting for 450k and the dispel hit for 5mill. id say lock is fine
    How is that possible? UA lasts what 6sec or 7sec? You mean 450k total? UA when dispelled does 120% so 5mill is obviously not intended one bit!

If you mean 450k per tic then than over 2mill which again is obviously not intended at all!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-08-14 at 07:44 PM.