Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Pocket Fel Spreader - The Impossible Mission

This isn't a rant QQ thread, but I am wondering is anyone else having trouble with getting Pocket Fel Spreader? Those Dread Infiltrator Doomsayers are almost impossible to find even with realm hopping. Do you guys/girls have any tips on how to find these Doomsayers (I know about the Sense Demon Elixir, even with it, it seems as an impossible mission).

Well I can only assume that it's rare right now as its the first couple of days into the event, and perhaps as the event goes on more of the doomsayers will have the secondary option, so as to spawn one, they did say the event would ramp up more towards Launch day.

I know, I am as impatient as the next person, but I try to remember that not everything needs to or can be done in a day

(I've had 2 spawn since this morning (around 6-8 hours ago) haven't had any since then, even tried a few groups in group finder.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd expect it to be on a zone wide timer, and since a lot of realms are now CRZ in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, server hopping is even less effective
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

With Bliz changing how server hopping works, the camp is a pain. I've joined a raid of campers where the leader was on Server X. Left that raid and joined another on Server Y. The people standing near me never phased out. Didn't matter that I went from Server X to my home server, to Server Y. So effectively I never really changed servers.

Bought one for 5k, whats so hard about that. Proly over paid too.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Bought one for 5k, whats so hard about that. Proly over paid too.
    I'm seeing them going for 12k-20k on my server...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The price has been going down every day. They started at over 120k gold. Blizzard also buffed respawn timers and drop rates, not to mention this will be going until the 30th, there is plenty of time to buy/farm one. I bought one on an old server I have toons on I never play for 9k. It will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm seeing them going for 12k-20k on my server...
    They are posted for 14k on my server, but I doubt they are selling at that price.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Pocket Fel Spreader would be a wonderful name for a sexual device.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought mine for 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    I'd expect it to be on a zone wide timer, and since a lot of realms are now CRZ in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, server hopping is even less effective
    All I have to say is FUCK CRZ worst thing ever added to the game. It can go die burning fires of Hades. I hate it so much.

Found two today. Sold the 2nd one for 19k on the AH.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Saw a dreadlord today in org with very low health and like 50 people attacking it, decided to get a hit in before he died and looted the toy, sold it on the AH for 9k gold immediately.

you mad?

Totally random Fel Spreader story: I got mine without even trying to find an infiltrator.

I got the Whispers buff that lets you corrupt people and eventually turn into a Dreadlord for a minute or so. So I clear all my stacks, hit up the area near the flightmaster in Org, fire off the Dreadlord transformation and proceed to kill everything up there.

On my way back, after getting my corpse, I notice the corpse of a Dreadlord Infiltrator sitting there roughly where the doomsayer is normally, with sparklies on it. I loot it, get a fel spreader.

Now, the wierd part is that I KNOW that I never engaged, or even tagged in passing, any Infiltrator in that area.

The only possible thing I can think of is that the Doomsayer up there at the time was one of the ones that had the hidden Dreadlord conversation option, and when I killed him he basically turned into a dreadlord corpse.

Most bizzare thing that has happened in a long time, but hey, free fel spreader, so i'm not going to complain.

Go ahead and hate me, but folks spawned two infiltrators next to my AH toon today, and I attacked both, and looted the spreader on the second.

I never get that good luck thing going except apparently today.

I took a portal to Org one day and someone had spawned a demon. So I helped them finish the kill real quick and got myself a free one. Luck was definitely on my side that time. I wish luck would be on my side more than once every 10 years though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed one in the Cleft of Shadows. Got the toy. Alt tabbed to do some shit, tabbed back in and another was there. Tagged it and got a second one. Probably just gonna give it to my friend though. They are going for about 9k on my server so not that expensive.

I put a bid in for 14k cause I couldn't find one then randomly found three, normal chat someone said, demon popping in so and so area and I ran and killed it. Got two now and the bid isn't over yet :/. So I suggest bidding on one in the ah that will get them to spawn it seems lol

Went to Stormwind to help a guildy get one to spawn because he wanted the "new toy" off of them. Checked like 2 doomsayers before someone else found one, killed it and got the Fel Spreader. He ended up buying one from a friend later for like 20k or something.

Deleted
    i wasted some hours trying actively to get it with demon detection potion, and then i bought it from AH. (i was in several full raid groups, who farmed it, but people killed these demons without even telling other people in raid or public). seen it once later and then it didn't drop also.
    i think this is another "feature" made specially for goldsellers and farmers and not for people who try to enjoy the game.