Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you want to punish the many who do LFR because of the few who AFK in it? How about we punish all guilds when a guild try's to cheat in a WF race. How about if one pvper bots we punish all pvpers for it.

Your logic or reason makes zero sense. When all 25 people can afk at the door and receive loot only then do you have a argument.
    What do you mean punnish lfr? Whats the punnish?

You shouldnt be able to get the best loot from the easiest content in the game. I dont see how thats punnishing anyone.

You make some really bad comparrisons btw. Two guilds competing in a world first race isnt competing together, they are competing against eachother.

Same with pvp'ers. There is literally no sense to be found here.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-15 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What do you mean punnish lfr? Whats the punnish?

You shouldnt be able to get the best loot from the easiest content in the game. I dont see how thats punnishing anyone.
    So LFR now drops Mythic tier sets? That's new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    in this case all lockouts shoudl be shared eh ? becasue why not then ev erybody would do the difficulty they desire - only then i bet you would be against it since you wouldnt be able to farm your precious set in normal to be able to clear hc
    And he's the reason why there's no compromise. People like this who pose stupid questions in order to prevent some sort of perceived slight at "their content". By linking LFR to the lockouts of Normal/Heroic/Mythic you're preventing raiders who don't want to suffer LFR from being there. Removing a potentially toxic person who thinks you're an asshat and the game would be better served if your ilk was playing Toontown Online and not wasting a population spot on a realm in Warcraft.

The reason why you don't share the lockout within the actual raiding difficulties is because it's progression. LFR is not progression. It's a means for you(the guy who doesn't want to raid) to see a "similar", and I use that term in the most liberal way, encounter and get some flashy gear to make you feel good.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It totally is Blizzard's job to do that. That's what modern games (as in, games from the early 2000's till today) do in some form or another, and it's doubly so needed for an MMO because it's ever-changing and there's no real "manual".

It's totally needed if anyone wants anything even slightly, ever so slightly challenging in any form that is going to be done without friends/guildies.
    It has never been a gaming companies job to tell people they have ti push for a harder difficulty. People always enjoy different difficulties and its never been a problem before that tougher difficulties give better rewards. As another poster said, that in itself served to push people to be better themselves.

If anyone wants to do something more challenging, they will up their own game. They dont need the game company telling them they need to up their game.

Its literally why we have different difficulties in most games. Because people are fine playing on different difficulties

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So LFR now drops Mythic tier sets? That's new.
    No its not. LFR has a chance of dropping mythic ilvl gear. I didnt say they dropped mythic tier sets

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Once upon a forever, I had the idea that every 10-20 levels, you should have to do some sort of instanced "trial" to unlock the next 10-20 levels, and it'd go away if you've leveled that spec/class before. Or something like that. That'd "test" you on your current skillset at particular intervals.

Pretty much all thought of that was shot out the window once Blizzard started charging for character boosts and shoveling everyone into the endgame ASAP.

There desperately needs to be something, anything, even sort of like that available as people enter and play the game at the start. Even just basic interactive tutorials on your HUD about your class and spec, their rotation, and whatnot would go a hell of a long way for some of those people.

Blizzard's unwillingness to do anything of the sort is what has ultimately killed difficulty in the game for all but the top end, and lead to the progressive dumbing down of various aspects of the game.

(I'm just saying, I'm not someone who wants the game to be "easy" or whatever)
    easy games are the future of industry - you just have to accept it and deal with it - look at what is most profitable - games that allow you easy fast acces and fast easy game style - the era of hardcore games went away time to move on - you may not like it but thats the future look at how popular pokemon go instnatly became and how much profit it brought thats the future -

wow game model is just an old dinosaur who refuses to die its natural death - wod was the best proof of it when it was expansion targeted solely towards raiders and it failed completly and utterly

Deleted
    No its not. LFR has a chance of dropping mythic ilvl gear. I didnt say they dropped mythic tier sets
    And the open world drops Legendaries. So I guess the LFR players shouldn't be allowed to the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Who says it's no use for them? A lot of classes were nigh unplayable in pve without hfc 4 piece and had to the entire expansion without basic things like csmash resets and instant aimed shots. Why the hell should someone be forced to join a raid group that requires 30 ilvl higher than it drops to get gear that will make their clas more fun or allow them to improve their character or help them do world quests and bosses or dungeons?

All they need to do is add loot lockouts so no one feels forced to do lfr along with their organized raids.
    This was the core of the problem I think. Without the bonus some classes were 30% plus behind in DPS and trinkets made it worse. This means set bonus and trinkets were awesome things which we want them to be. At least I do anyway. But that also means they were a massive barrier to entry. I think Blizzard had two ways to handle this. One was to make set bonuses and trinkets mostly uninteresting and not very powerful or increase the ease of which they could be gotten so that the power chart becomes a smooth curve upward instead of a massive spike up at the entry level of organized raiding (normal).

Of course this means ultra min maxers will be doing LFR for these things. But the choice was listen to a pouty 1% that will stay subbed because they like raiding or turn their backs on the hordes of players that just LFR and maybe.. just maybe.. 1% of those LFR folks will decide to try normal are progress upward into organized raiding as well now that they are 30 to 40% weaker because of some bonus and trinkets. Maybe they can find pugs easier since people are aware of that as well. Just maybe..

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell, not this shit again. I guess we'll get to boost 5 lucky players in the first few weeks.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    No you don't need to do LFR, use your brains please. LFR never opens on the same day of the Normal/Heroic raid and all wings will not open up all at once, they'll most likely use the current scheduling where LFR first wing of the same raid, is 3 weeks after the raid opened on normal/heroic and then it's another 3 weeks between each wing.

That pretty much means that you won't get into the tier wings of LFR until 6 weeks after Nighthold opened up, given the fact that there's 6 tier drops compared to 5 tier drops in the past, it virtually makes it impossible you won't have a 4 set before the first LFR tier wing opens up.

Unless you aren't in a guild, or a badly organized one, but that's kind of your own fault then.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-08-15 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    And he's the reason why there's no compromise. People like this who pose stupid questions in order to prevent some sort of perceived slight at "their content". By linking LFR to the lockouts of Normal/Heroic/Mythic you're preventing raiders who don't want to suffer LFR from being there. Removing a potentially toxic person who thinks you're an asshat and the game would be better served if your ilk was playing Toontown Online and not wasting a population spot on a realm in Warcraft.

The reason why you don't share the lockout within the actual raiding difficulties is because it's progression. LFR is not progression. It's a means for you(the guy who doesn't want to raid) to see a "similar", and I use that term in the most liberal way, encounter and get some flashy gear to make you feel good.
    lfr is the same and exackly same valid progression goal as mythic raiding - just because you refuse to accept other people play games for different reason that you it doesnt make their progression goal less valid. 3/4 of raiders DO NOT raid anything harder then lfr because they choose not to - there must be a reason why they choose to.

you had your compromise in WoD - lfr didnt have teir sets and people still did not go to normal even when they had no alternative to any other source of endgame for over a year they still didnt go normal to the point where blizzard had to put in mythic dungeons because they realised "OH FUCK EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE PEOPLE STILL REFUSE TO RAID HIGHER THEN LFR"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Fucking hell, not this shit again. I guess we'll get to boost 5 lucky players in the first few weeks.
    you wont because emerald nightmare has no tier sets so this discussion is moot - if you are good guild you will go straight from mythic EM to mythic nightfold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And the open world drops Legendaries. So I guess the LFR players shouldn't be allowed to the open world.
    Well if you think that, its on you. I dont mind that. You can have 1, max 2 of those on at any time. Its a good incentive for playing your main, that you will almost always have something to strive for through any content.

Its not the same as going into the easiest content and being able to get for every slot without having to do anything. If lfr gave loot ranging between heroic dungeons and mythic dungeons ilvl it would still reward people beyond the effort they need to put into it. At the same time it would incentivise them going into normal raiding to get better gear, and tier gear.

Now we often get these kind of posts on mmo-c:

"so... i killed x boss ad the end of x lfr raid. I got the loots. I finnished the game. Wow is easy"

If you aren't doing content balanced for said sets why then should you have them? I do not race cars so I do not own a formula 1 car.
    Again, it's not about the stats (Bigger numbers are fun, but that's not what i'm getting at), it's about HfC set bonuses adding parts to a spec that make it more fluid and fun to play, it's not so much that i want a formula 1 car, rather that i want a driver's seat in the car i get rather than just sitting on the car floor because i only "race" LfR...

Just look at them alot of the th 2 piece are 10% crit chance on specific attack. They pretty weak and since mythic has a better chance of higher ilvl people wont bother with lfr

Deleted
    It has never been a gaming companies job to tell people they have ti push for a harder difficulty. People always enjoy different difficulties and its never been a problem before that tougher difficulties give better rewards. As another poster said, that in itself served to push people to be better themselves.

If anyone wants to do something more challenging, they will up their own game. They dont need the game company telling them they need to up their game.

Its literally why we have different difficulties in most games. Because people are fine playing on different difficulties

- - - Updated - - -

LFR Tier is 845 item level and Mythic Tier is 905 item level. Given that titanforged is capped at +60 item level roll and equals less than a 0.5% chance, you are just going to break even based on a very unlikely chance, which isn't really worth it, unless you are a normal/heroic raider.

Mythic raiders are maybe gonna run it to get some missing items, but by the time you can kill Gul'dan LFR, it's going to be 15 weeks after heroic opened up. You should theoretically already be nearly fully mythic by then.

Eh. I'll probably still do world quests, only LFR when I want to see the story, unless quests take me in.

My only problem with LFR at this stage, though, is that in the future when you go back to collect appearances it'll take way longer than normal or heroic because you've got personal loot. But then again, you'll only loot what you can use, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lfr is the same and exackly same valid progression goal as mythic raiding - just because you refuse to accept other people play games for different reason that you it doesnt make their progression goal less valid. 3/4 of raiders DO NOT raid anything harder then lfr because they choose not to - there must be a reason why they choose to.

you had your compromise in WoD - lfr didnt have teir sets and people still did not go to normal even when they had no alternative to any other source of endgame for over a year they still didnt go normal to the point where blizzard had to put in mythic dungeons because they realised "OH FUCK EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE PEOPLE STILL REFUSE TO RAID HIGHER THEN LFR"

I'm saying keep your gear, chief. I am not trying to take your tier gear away from you. What I am saying is link the lockout to the other difficulties so as to prevent even having this stupid argument of raiders having to suffer LFR if they have bad luck. You keep your tier gear in LFR and you prevent people who don't want to be there from going! This is a win-win scenario.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Just remove the fucking Retardfinder!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    LFR Tier is 845 item level and Mythic Tier is 905 item level. Given that titanforged is capped at +60 item level roll and equals less than a 0.5% chance, you are just going to break even based on a very unlikely chance, which isn't really worth it, unless you are a normal/heroic raider.

Mythic raiders are maybe gonna run it to get some missing items, but by the time you can kill Gul'dan LFR, it's going to be 15 weeks after heroic opened up. You should theoretically already be nearly fully mythic by then.
    Most guilds dont even dabble in mythic. You know that right

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying keep your gear, chief. I am not trying to take your tier gear away from you. What I am saying is link the lockout to the other difficulties so as to prevent even having this stupid argument of raiders having to suffer LFR if they have bad luck. You keep your tier gear in LFR and you prevent people who don't want to be there from going! This is a win-win scenario.
    This would solve the problem for everyone

Sadly LFR is going back to give retards good rewards :/

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Sadly LFR is going back to give retards good rewards :/
    Why do u care about retards?