Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vol'jin was a pathetic and lazy choice from start to finish. It's only fitting he find one final way to screw with the Horde on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Guy doesn't know shit about established Warcraft lore confirmed.

Sylvanas is superior to Vol'Jin in every way that matters.

Better Leader
    Better Tactician
    Was already the main elven general for her entire race in life
    Somehow repelled Arthas directly and the burning Legion with nothing but a few corpses and banshees that broke their minds free.
    put the entire Northern Eastern Kingdoms on lockdown in Cata when Alliance were trying to invade from every angle.

She is simply better than everyone and will Lead the Horde into a new era of of prosperity. Alliance trying to march on Undercity is simply out of the question now when they are invading not only a Horde Capital but the Capital of their Warchief
    Sylvanas fangirl confirmed.

It doesn't matter if she's better or not. We've already seen Sylvanas take the spotlight more than enough times. Vol'jin deserved a spotlight too. And so do Baine, Saurfang and Lor'themar. More so than Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Well, hopefully this will make her care about the bigger picture of the Horde instead of just focusing on the survival of the Forsaken. Sure, that would still be a big goal for her but giving her perspective might be a good thing to evolve her as a character, especially since her sister is going to return.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Sylvanas fangirl confirmed.

It doesn't matter if she's better or not. We've already seen Sylvanas take the spotlight more than enough times. Vol'jin deserved a spotlight too. And so do Baine, Saurfang and Lor'themar. More so than Sylvanas.
    No they don't
    Don't worry the spirits told Vol'jin this would happen.

Suffice to say you're to small minded the grasp why Sylvanas was chosen.

Deleted
    Fffffffwp
    Da Spirits tell me

Quote Originally Posted by Lovbiff View Post
    Well, hopefully this will make her care about the bigger picture of the Horde instead of just focusing on the survival of the Forsaken. Sure, that would still be a big goal for her but giving her perspective might be a good thing to evolve her as a character, especially since her sister is going to return.
    It won't. That whole line about "everyone dies some time but the Horde lives on" is pure bullshit spouted by her to feign loyalty. Obviously as a warchief she needs to appear to care for the Horde, but I really don't think she gives a shit.

All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    Baine is too young and like his father, too passive to be a leader for Horde. It's no easy task, you need to be able to stand your ground. It's not like alliance races who do their best (mostly) to cooperate. Horde is a rag-tag faction with each race a new world in itself.

I love Saurfang and I could even see him as the Orc Leader but Warchief requires a special panache he doesn't have. He has been a soldier and a military leader. Orcs can take it, but I don't see him commanding the Horde.

Lorthemar... now that could have been a choice. But I don't see how much better he is compared to Sylvanas.

Don't forget that despite not being trusted, she
    stood firm against dreadlord's offers and managed to best them,
    successfully led the whole faction of diverse, free-minded, strong-willed, undead people as part of the Horde,
    has never actually done anything treacherous.
    So if you want cold logic, Sylvanas probably IS the best choice. Then again:

Before you go 10/10 storotolong bolozord, you should actually remember trolls are a primitive, superstitious race and Vol'jin is a shadowhunter on top of that. If Loa spirits whispered him that, it's really a big thing for him.

Also, the story just started. Who knows, maybe "loa spirits" were something else. Maybe he saw more into the future.

Vol'jin did something right before he went back to obscurity where he and his shit, Allaince-loving blue ass belongs. Seriously I would have loved to see him savagely gutted like Varian, but no such luck.

And now I enjoy the tears of the Alliance fanboys who can't stand the idea that the new Warchief hates their fucking guts and the tears of old veteran wannabe orc/troll fans who are crying their eyes out, snot running and all cause the new warcief is not some fucking green freak or some blue junkie, or god forbid some fucking cow.

Things are looking up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I caved and watched the cinematic where Vol'jin makes Sylvanas warchief.

Really interested to see where this goes, because we know that Miss "Deploy the Plague" can't seem to help herself from doing borderline raid boss things. But the spirits apparently think she's the one to save the Horde.

From what? I mean this feels like Garrosh 2.0. Give the War Hero the job, they save the Horde in the short-term, then go coo coo for coco puffs in a future expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Except for the part where Rey spent half the movie being helped and saved by male and female characters alike and the other half sharing equal screentime with Finn, the deuteragonist, and much of the film's climax was devoted to Han Solo and Kylo Renn, who handily trounced Finn and only lost to Rey because he was seriously wounded by Chewbacca prior (with the same bowcaster that sent stormtroopers flying back several yards on impact), never mind the very real possibility his mind wasn't 100% on the fight since he just killed his father a few minutes ago. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of anti-feminist ranting, it's always fun to watch people spread misinformation to suit their bias.

Sylvanas being covered up was an artistic decision, and until you can present a statement from Blizzard showing otherwise, it's interesting to see you fall into the trap where a company making choices you don't like can't be artistic decisions. More likely, Sylvanas wore a leather-and-mail jerkin under her chestguard because she's paranoid about being killed again after seeing what the afterlife holds for her, and after the Alliance depleted most of her spare val'kyr in the Cata 1-60 storyline. Good thing, too, seeing how utterly the Alliance and Horde got wrecked at the Broken Shore.
    Wow woops, didn't mean to trigger you. But hey, I don't need 2 paragraphs to explain why everything you just said was delusional bullshit, saying Rey was not a mary sue is just being in denial. It's always fun to watch people project themselves.
    "Sylvanas being covered up was an artistic decision" Yeah, except the one of the developers or art lead's daughter started playing the game and she is a feminist.

My hope:

The 'loa' that said to make Sylvanas lead was KJ/Dreadlord
    She and Genn get into it due to everything
    Manipulation found out
    Sylvanas decides to be a proper leader for the Horde because they need one, giving the middle finger to what the Legion wanted
    Sylvanas stays Warchief, gets her act together (Far less genoicde/plague crap), and they follow her out of merit, not because 'A spirit said so'

So Lor'themar is unqualified because he wants to fight, but Sylvanas is an excellent choice because she wants to fight. Okay.
    Second part is still unconfirmed, so wont speak about it. First part, There is a difference between the two. Mainly that Lor'themar wants to Only fight. That is it. He doesn't want to lead. He wants to just go in and hack and slash and not have to worry about tatics or giving commands or leading the army were as Sylvanas Will lead and give commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    It won't. That whole line about "everyone dies some time but the Horde lives on" is pure bullshit spouted by her to feign loyalty. Obviously as a warchief she needs to appear to care for the Horde, but I really don't think she gives a shit.
    Maybe. But with Blizzard you never know. It's quite possible Sylvanas wil lturn into a good person, moral, caring etc. With putting the horde above all else.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it wasn't simply because the spirits told him, it was because, like he said, she saved the Horde members who were present. It was because of her sounding the retreat and calling in her Valkyr that they were able to walk away from that, especially with an injured Thrall and Baine.

As for possible candidates, she fits perfectly. One of the best Horde tacticians who'll stop at almost nothing to achieve her goals. The Legion completely demolished both the Horde and Alliance at the same time, so they need someone like her and her tactics. Not to mention that despite her character design, she won't let the Horde die.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is by far the most interesting character of the horde for me... So I am really happy with this choose!

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    But it wasn't simply because the spirits told him, it was because, like he said, she saved the Horde members who were present. It was because of her sounding the retreat and calling in her Valkyr that they were able to walk away from that, especially with an injured Thrall and Baine.

As for possible candidates, she fits perfectly. One of the best Horde tacticians who'll stop at almost nothing to achieve her goals. The Legion completely demolished both the Horde and Alliance at the same time, so they need someone like her and her tactics. Not to mention that despite her character design, she won't let the Horde die.
    She'll stop at nothing to achieve her goals. Her goals go before the goals of the Horde. It might work now, but if there's ever a time where she has to choose between herself or the Horde, she'll always choose herself.

What a silly thread, Sylvie is by far the best candidate for warchief, no one else could step up to the plate if they even tried, she shoulda been warchief before garrosh or voljin ever became warchief, but now is better than never so ill take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Wow woops, didn't mean to trigger you. But hey, I don't need 2 paragraphs to explain why everything you just said was delusional bullshit, saying Rey was not a mary sue is just being in denial. It's always fun to watch people project themselves.
    Being triggered and pointing out when a moron is wrong are different things. Might wanna crawl out of Reddit once in a blue moon, interact with people, get laid. Sex works wonders for helping SJWs and anti-SJWs look at movies with female protagonists objectively.

"Sylvanas being covered up was an artistic decision" Yeah, except the one of the developers or art lead's daughter started playing the game and she is a feminist.
    Yes, I'm sure Metzen's six-year-old daughter is part of a sociopolitical movement.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard
    She just has a better resume against the Legion.

1. In the 3rd War she took on 3 Dreadlords and made one her bitch slave.
    2. In the same breath she eliminated the Alliance presence (Garithos) whose racism and shotty leadership doomed the region.
    3. She has the diplomacy and vision to attract powerful allies such as the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Val'Kyr and now possibly the Val'Kyr of Helya.
    4. In Cataclysm she did stop a massive outbreak of Alliance Worgen and took Anderhol with help from the Deathknights and Argent Crusade.

That said ...

1. At the Wrathgate Valimathras and Putress betrayed her..
    2. She still continues to "purge" the living from Lorderon (Genocidal much)
    3. Most of her closest allies are only "Arrows in her Quiver" and being seen as such makes her hated
    4. She turns on Kolitra Deathweaver for simply talking with a fellow member of the Ebon Blade that just gave them Anderhol. She is manipulative and paranoid.

What has Baine done? Seriously, he inheirited his title. Lor'Themar, was a spectator for most of our battles. He was the one asking Slyvannas for help from the Scourge. I know she is a SHE and she's not green like the Horde's chosen favorite race but unless Grommash steps up the the plate Slyvannas is the best leader you got. Pretty sad lot to choose from but there it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Being triggered and pointing out when a moron is wrong are different things. Might wanna crawl out of Reddit once in a blue moon, interact with people, get laid. Sex works wonders for helping SJWs and anti-SJWs look at movies with female protagonists objectively.

Yes, I'm sure Metzen's six-year-old daughter is part of a sociopolitical movement.
    More projecting I see. Assumptions ontop of more assumptions and insults too, must be really pulling your tail right now. I mean heck, I don't even use Reddit, the layout always confused me. But hey, I'm not the one with 14k posts on this website, so maybe it's time someone else crawls away and stops projecting themselves onto others?