Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was frigging adorable. Takes nerve to do that with a global audience in case you get rejected.

Thumbs up

Not bad for a small little soon to be independent country, go TeamGB!

Fairplay to that chinese guy, took balls but he got the prize! As for Team GB we're doing really well even outside our usual dominant sports, quite surprised after an initial slow start.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    British boxing has been somewhat anemic this tournament, but check out Joshua Buatsi in the light heavyweight division.

His round of 16 knockout may well be KO of the tournament.

That Tennis final was pretty awesome, so long though damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argentinian in the crowd trying to throw Murray off by shouting, gets chucked out, Murray wins anyway.

There's something satisfying about beating Argentina at any sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Usain Bolt just jogged through that Semi Final.

Deleted
    Well done Murray.

Did Scotland proud.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda sad how bad Canada has been despite the fact that we should really be good at more sports in the summer than we are. Not to mention most of our male athletes have bombed hard. Andre De Grasse is probably one of the few men that can actually win a medal, and that is a hard one to do, in the Men's 100 meter sprint. He has qualified for the finals, going second behind Bolt in the semi finals.

400m final was incerdible. Van Niekerk managed to beat up WR by 0.15 secs and beating competitors by several meters despite them getting under 44 sec times as well. http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/...ecord-20150827 He achived his goal now at least. I wonder if he's going to get under 43s time.

Deleted
    Thank fuck Bolt rekt Gatlin again.

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    moment of the day
    I suppose the engagement ring will somewhat make up for the shame she brought upon her family by merely winning silver.

In all seriousness though, you have to feel bad for the girl who actually won gold in that event, she should've slapped the shit out of that guy for stealing her big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That was frigging adorable. Takes nerve to do that with a global audience in case you get rejected.
    Yea. Props to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were shit in the pool but finally a gold medal with swimming. 10k open water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    We were shit in the pool but finally a gold medal with swimming. 10k open water.
    Ah. The old 'Baby Ruth' trick?

Nice.

Last edited by mmoca073264aa8; 2016-08-15 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "You want to overtake? Fuck off cunt" -Cavendish

https://twitter.com/raykerckhoffs/st...92621233319937

Three people down and one off per stretcher. Cavendish somehow not disqualified.

For those not familiar with this guy, he has a history of knocking people off their bikes.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-08-15 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried running him off the track in the elimination race, all's fair in love and bikes.

Honestly, I doubt anyone remembers who won a medal in the Olympics in any event.

Oh, you won a gold medal? That's nice. That medal should come in handy when you have to pawn it off when you're desperate for money. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything besides look nice, and maybe get you laid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Honestly, I doubt anyone remembers who won a medal in the Olympics in any event.

Oh, you won a gold medal? That's nice. That medal should come in handy when you have to pawn it off when you're desperate for money. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything besides look nice, and maybe get you laid.
    Not all will be remembered, but the exceptional ones are. We have a gold medalist who won gold on the high bar who's immensely popular because of his personality and his unique performance.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post

Jessica Eniss-Hill was a nobody until she won a gold in London 2012, and now shes one of the most recognised people in the country, has had countless work in advertising and promotional stuff since then, the media treat her like a national hero. No I'm sure she's made a very healthy career out of being a gold medalist that will continue after she has retired.

Deleted
    Fantastic pole vault final. I'd thoroughly recommend people watch it back online.