Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Should the Alliance re-take Lordaeron?

Lordaeron was once a great Alliance capital and bastion of Human strength, but since the scourge diseased and killed the citizens of that once great empire, it has become a cesspool of undead filth.

Since technically those lands belong to the Alliance in the first place, should Blizzard create a story arch of the Alliance retaking Lordaeron, purging the Undercity and re-building the empire once again?

It might make for a good storyline to have the undead permanently relocated to another land, possibly even pushed back to their Horde bastion in Orgrimmar. Maybe there is a way to cure the undead? Could be a great expansion story line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah. /10chars

I've wanted this for a while. Especially since the Elves are still just North of Loredaeron.

I used to have a big scheme idea of what would be cool, I know that.. But I can't remember any of my ideas.

Re-take? Lordaeron is still with the same people since before the first war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    I've wanted this for a while. Especially since the Elves are still just North of Loredaeron.

I used to have a big scheme idea of what would be cool, I know that.. But I can't remember any of my ideas.
    Maybe the undead faction could move in with the Blood Elves into Silvermoon? I mean they have a portal at the undercity to go to silvermoon already, possibly they could build up the other half of Silvermoon that has been turned into undead anyway by the scourge in the dead scar.

you know what I want more. The forsaken take all of the eastern kingdoms.

Deleted
    NO, most of lordearon citizen are now undead. Lordearon is there home.
    And besides, the forsaken would never give up lordearon and the horde would help them keep it. The alliance could never take it realistically.

What would be nice tho is an update to the city, both the underneath and the ruins.
    Now that Sylvanas is warchief I hope the mighty undead empire will grow and slaughter all alliance remaining on the northern part of the eastern Kingsdoms.
    Maybe have a big standoff at the bridge between Wetlands and Arathi Highlands between Dwarven and Forsaken Forces.
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-15 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Re-take? Lordaeron is still with the same people since before the first war.
    Last time I checked the undead are not a part of the Alliance. It is an Alliance kingdom that was razed and plagued into undead. I'm proposing we go in and clean out the city and purge the undead to another land to retake Lordaeron and build it back up as an Alliance bastion.

The Alliance of Lordaeron was a whole different Alliance then we have today, and the people of Lordaeron are now the Forsaken who still control Lordaeron to this day. The humans of Stormwind have no right to it, just because they were humans aswell.

Deleted
    Mmm, there's no thread like a Jaylock thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Maybe the undead faction could move in with the Blood Elves into Silvermoon? I mean they have a portal at the undercity to go to silvermoon already, possibly they could build up the other half of Silvermoon that has been turned into undead anyway by the scourge in the dead scar.
    Wow that's actually not a bad idea.. That part of Silvermoon is indeed very wasted...

Genn could take back Gilneas, and we'd have two of the closest main cities around. I've wanted Blizzard to change the capitals on us for-fucking-EVER. Orgrimmar and Stormwind are cool, but a new city focus for each faction would really breathe new life.

Of course Forsaken players would feel a little robbed of their home if say, it became contested area and nobody used the city? Gosh who knows..

Do you realize that the undead living there are the same people who were once part of the alliance? The current alliance can't retake anything because it doesn't belong to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lordaeron was once a great Alliance capital and bastion of Human strength, but since the scourge diseased and killed the citizens of that once great empire, it has become a cesspool of undead filth.

Since technically those lands belong to the Alliance in the first place, should Blizzard create a story arch of the Alliance retaking Lordaeron, purging the Undercity and re-building the empire once again?

It might make for a good storyline to have the undead permanently relocated to another land, possibly even pushed back to their Horde bastion in Orgrimmar. Maybe there is a way to cure the undead? Could be a great expansion story line.
    I think the alliance have already tried to take Lordaeron, but there is a pretty huge army up there, backed by a powerfull anti-life plaque If Blizzard would make a story line focused around this, it would proberly end up with the alliance losing, since there are not really many humans left, who call Lordaeron their homeland. If they ever took control of Lordaeron, it would be left empty. Who would move there? The worgen would proberly rather have their own city of Gilneas then Lordaeron, and the humans have all settled down in Stormwind.

Lordaeron is Forsaken land, this is something which Blizzard have pretty much locked down. Having an expansion focused around a battle for control over Lordaeron would be pretty dumb, because there are areas, who are far more important to fight over, like Gilneas, the night elf areas on Kalimdor and other expansion areas such as Twillight Highlands, Pandaria and Outland.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Alliance of Lordaeron was a whole different Alliance then we have today, and the people of Lordaeron are now the Forsaken who still control Lordaeron to this day. The humans of Stormwind have no right to it, just because they were humans aswell.
    When you take a city and turn it into an undead plague ridden cesspit, you no longer deserve to be there. And so what? They decided to be traitors and join the enemy. Lordaeron should be purged of all undead and the Alliance re-take it. It would make a great story line as maybe a major expansion theme and have the forsaken make a home with the blood elves.

They could just cure all the humans and bolster undead numbers at the same time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Last time I checked the undead are not a part of the Alliance. It is an Alliance kingdom that was razed and plagued into undead. I'm proposing we go in and clean out the city and purge the undead to another land to retake Lordaeron and build it back up as an Alliance bastion.
    Because a Kingdom is a member of the Alliance doesn't give the Alliance ownership of their land should they leave it. The people of Lordaeron became the Forsaken. They kept their land but aligned with the Horde once they freed themselves from the Scourge. So it's a very poor argument you are making.

Furthermore, how about co-operating with the Forsaken to fight the Legion at the moment!? The US didn't beat the Nazis by going to war with the Soviets! The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Because a Kingdom is a member of the Alliance doesn't give the Alliance ownership of their land should they leave it. The people of Lordaeron became the Forsaken. They kept their land but aligned with the Horde once they freed themselves from the Scourge. So it's a very poor argument you are making.

Furthermore, how about co-operating with the Forsaken to fight the Legion at the moment!? The US didn't beat the Nazis by going to war with the Soviets! The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
    Do you not see how the undead are scum traitors? You just said in your own paragraph that they aligned with the Horde. Lordaeron was always an Alliance bastion, and shouldn't be in the hands of a traitorous group that has now aligned with the enemy.

I'm just making a good case for why we should re-take the land as Alliance land. I mean, during the cataclysm, the horde took south shore, destroyed theramore in MoP.. and there are several other areas of the world there the horde has done some nefarious devious shit.

I think its time for once that the Alliance stick it to them and take a LARGE portion of horde territory and return it to the Alliance.

There is no "re-taking" of Lordaeron. It never changed hands. The same people that were there before are still there.

You are not even trying anymore.

When you take a city and turn it into an undead plague ridden cesspit, you no longer deserve to be there. And so what? They decided to be traitors and join the enemy. Lordaeron should be purged of all undead and the Alliance re-take it. It would make a great story line as maybe a major expansion theme and have the forsaken make a home with the blood elves.
    The humans tried to eradicate The Forsaken and retake Lordaeron long before they joined the Horde. If I recall correctly the Horde offered protection and help to find a cure. Hence they affiliated with them.