Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so how long till WW monk gets destroyed?

they're way too good now, and when that happened last(start of WoD) blizzard went waay overboard and made them the worst melee from the best

atm they amazing in pvp (they can solo oneshot people with amazing mobility and decent survivability)
    and in pve they're top tier in both AOE and ST

disclaimer: this is not a whine thread, i dont give a fuck if WWs are OP, i probably wont arena competitively and in pve im not in top 20 so it wont matter what comp i raid with(our raid roster wont even have a WW monk, only as an off spec) i just know blizzard tends to overnerf stuff, especially if it's not a pure dps on top

btw this is on 110 before people come here claiming "it's prepatch"

They will get nerfed 100%
    Blizzard just went a bit overboard on buffing them.

Don't worry, they'll buff rogues.

I just saw a Grand Crusader training WW on their level 90 Monk in Orgrimmar.

If you even know what that title means, you're in on the nose tap. Roll monk asap; It's going to be stupid op the ENTIRE legion expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Don't worry, they'll buff rogues.
    well so far all they've gotten are nerfs :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    they're way too good now, and when that happened last(start of WoD) blizzard went waay overboard and made them the worst melee from the best

atm they amazing in pvp (they can solo oneshot people with amazing mobility and decent survivability)
    and in pve they're top tier in both AOE and ST

disclaimer: this is not a whine thread, i dont give a fuck if WWs are OP, i probably wont arena competitively and in pve im not in top 20 so it wont matter what comp i raid with(our raid roster wont even have a WW monk, only as an off spec) i just know blizzard tends to overnerf stuff, especially if it's not a pure dps on top

btw this is on 110 before people come here claiming "it's prepatch"
    PvE: Top tier in AoE, probably even the best class in burst aoe. But top tier single target? What are you on about? They're good, but really far away from top tier in ST.

Instanced PvP: They already got a few nerfs, e.g. 85% primary on the template and FoF / SotWL at 70%. I haven't seen any complaints about them there since then. Until now, obviously. So: No idea if that was enough or wasn't.

World PvP: Yes, I've even heard stories that WWs were able to do more damage than the amount an affliction warlock could heal and shield itself.
    On a more serious note: Yep, awesome burst. It probably will be a really strong class there.

I'll wait and see. Though, historically, the spec scaled badly with gear (except weapons). If they haven't fixed that, they will shine in quest / dungeon gear, and a nerf will come. This will make the class too weak in raid / mythic+ / high crafted / high PvP gear, as it was in WoD - except in mythic+, their toolkit really shines there.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    PvE: Top tier in AoE, probably even the best class in burst aoe. But top tier single target? What are you on about? They're good, but really far away from top tier in ST.

Instanced PvP: They already got a few nerfs, e.g. 85% primary on the template and FoF / SotWL at 70%. I haven't seen any complaints about them there since then. Until now, obviously. So: No idea if that was enough or wasn't.

World PvP: Yes, I've even heard stories that WWs were able to do more damage than the amount an affliction warlock could heal and shield itself.
    On a more serious note: Yep, awesome burst. It probably will be a really strong class there.

I'll wait and see. Though, historically, the spec scaled badly with gear (except weapons). If they haven't fixed that, they will shine in quest / dungeon gear, and a nerf will come. This will make the class too weak in raid / mythic+ / high crafted / high PvP gear, as it was in WoD - except in mythic+, their toolkit really shines there.
    well ok we can argue about the semantics of top tier, but during our normal tests our WW monk was doing competitive damage with both the fire mages and the assa rogues on ST fights, they might suck when they're not in 835 tho, so you might be right about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already got quite a few nerfs. Serenity, Storm earth and fire and FoF have all been nerfed.

Now they just need to nerf Touch of Death a bit and possibly the self healing and it's all good.

Keep in mind though that WW monks are now a sustained DPS due to how their mastery works so they will be doing a lot of damage.

nerfin is fun for blizz they will nerf everything, give it just some time. i expect the real nerfs when rated pvp is coming much closer.

Even when they were really strong in PvE (at the start of WoD) they were still one of the worse melee specs.

disclaimer: this is not a whine thread, i dont give a fuck if WWs are OP
    If you don't care why did you make this thread? If they are really OP when the goes goes live and we can actually see what class balance is like then it probably won't be long before they are brought down.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Even when they were really strong in PvE (at the start of WoD) they were still one of the worse melee specs.

If you don't care why did you make this thread? If they are really OP when the goes goes live and we can actually see what class balance is like then it probably won't be long before they are brought down.
    a: when there was any sort of cleave they were literally unbeatable at the start
    b: i made this thread to see if people agree with me, and what their opinion was about WW
    c: yeah cos blizzard is really fast with those nerfs ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    They've earned being OP right now TBH. Monks have been a shit class overall ever since they were released in MoP. They are BY FAR the least played class in the game making up only 3% of the population.

Blizz would be wise to make at least 2 of their 3 specs top 5 to encourage more people to roll one.

My main for WoD was a Monk BrM, but after their new changes, they suck and I'll be changing to BDK come Legion. That's 1 less Monk out there with this change. If we can get more in the form of WW (or MW) then more power to them. BrM and MW are lackluster right now, at least they have WW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They've earned being OP right now TBH..
    that's not how it works :P

10+ Year Old Account
    that's not how it works :P
    I know. How it works is a few lucky classes get to be OP for their entire game career.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I know. How it works is a few lucky classes get to be OP for their entire game career.
    what are you talking about? warlocks or rogues are almost never good, neither are mages or druids

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you talking about? warlocks or rogues are almost never good, neither are mages or druids
    You joking? Druids have ALWAYS had at least one spec that was at the top. Rogues and Mages always had at least 1 spec as well, well, in WoD they weren't all that great, but they're coming back for Legion.

Warlocks were gods for several expansions and it looks like they'll be back for Legion.

You joking? Druids have ALWAYS had at least one spec that was at the top. Rogues and Mages always had at least 1 spec as well, well, in WoD they weren't all that great, but they're coming back for Legion.

Warlocks were gods for several expansions and it looks like they'll be back for Legion.
    i guess it's hard to convey sarcasm throgh text but i thought it was so blatant that it'd be obvious

I don't know why WW has so many buttons while every one else has like 5 buttons .. x3 Stuns / x3 mobility / can remove snares from teammate and increase movement speed .. can heal ..

They have MS (healing reductions) .. perma snare .. root ..

Damage output is through the roof!

Guys something is very wrong here and Act-Bliz is not saying anything .. Why this build is being?

a: when there was any sort of cleave they were literally unbeatable at the start
    This is a thread in the PvP forum, when they were really good at PvE at the start of WoD they were still one of the worse melee classes in PvP.

c: yeah cos blizzard is really fast with those nerfs ^^
    When something is really broken it doesn't take long to get nerfed.

i guess it's hard to convey sarcasm throgh text but i thought it was so blatant that it'd be obvious
    When you make a thread saying monks were/are OP it's easy to understand why people would think you are serious about mages and druids being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    This is a thread in the PvP forum, when they were really good at PvE at the start of WoD they were still one of the worse melee classes in PvP.

When something is really broken it doesn't take long to get nerfed.

When you make a thread saying monks were/are OP it's easy to understand why people would think you are serious about mages and druids being crap.
    i said they're OP in pvp now, not that they were OP in pvp in WoD, i just drew a paralell on them being amazing in pve and then subsequently getting nerfed to the ground because of it

now they're amazing in pvp(yes they are dont even try to deny it, they're the only class in the game that can out dps a warlock's selfhealing) and they probably will get nerfed.

and yes it does take long to get nerfed, remember shadowfrost DKs in season 5? that was a whole season of them being absolutely broken
    or remember taste for blood warriors in mop?