Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Please just delete and replace Heroic Leap

"You can't use that here" and the occasional "No path available".

Deleted
    It's not a problem solely with Heroic Leap. It seems to be the entire placement mechanic. Just have a look at me trying to place a totem here. Even minor blockages within a placements range seem to prevent usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooo i love this skill. Gotten better yet again in Legion still far from perfect tho
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

15+ Year Old Account
    I received that message only in certain parts of Dire Maul (leveling a new warrior), therefore I guess it's an issue with some of the zones/areas not not the skill itself.

Thats because you are trying to jump to areas at a different hight. They intentionally stopped this because they said it gave warriors an unfair advantage been able to use heroic leap to jump up and over cliffs, obstacles, barriers etc mainly in pvp i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Nooo i love this skill. Gotten better yet again in Legion still far from perfect tho
    It's awesome when it works indeed. It's rage inducing when it fails in crucial times. Which is often.

Deleted
    If it's inside an instance Legion is awful for that when I was testing Resto Druid half the time you couldn't play Effloresence, which at the time was a massive HPS loss because you had to spec out of the mini-hot it put on all targets.

Pathing is really, really bad in Legion and has been since early beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Thats because you are trying to jump to areas at a different hight. They intentionally stopped this because they said it gave warriors an unfair advantage been able to use heroic leap to jump up and over cliffs, obstacles, barriers etc mainly in pvp i think.
    Also this and for the same reason double-jump is disabled in ranked PvP iirc.

7+ Year Old Account
    This happens more often in uphill areas. Got a lot of it happening in pit of saron after second boss

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    "You can't use that here" and the occasional "No path available".
    You can't delete AND replace it. You can either delete it OR replace it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Heroic Leap is awesome. You just can't use it uphill. Also never rely on it in any battleground really. The leap that the tank Demon Hunters get is similar but allows jumping uphill which is dope... you can even jump up onto mountains without a path (at least, in Beta).

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure as hell the height must not be equal. I was able to jump to lower areas yesterday
    So they tweaked it and broke something I guess.

Deleted
    Well, yeah, but it fails in staircases with low elevation, you might be blocked by a small log on the ground, things like that. Cliffs are one thing but not being able to jump onver small obsticles is just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Heroic Leap is awesome. You just can't use it uphill. Also never rely on it in any battleground really. The leap that the tank Demon Hunters get is similar but allows jumping uphill which is dope... you can even jump up onto mountains without a path (at least, in Beta).
    Then why it heroic leap still like this?

It has gotten vastly better than it was. Gotta realize the limitations on pathing are to prevent wall-hacks and similar nonsense, they have to be careful.

My question is if they can't make it work properly then why bother with it at all? I'd be fine if it worked say 90% of time with 10% failure, but it is other way around on anything that isn't flat.

While it looks somehow cool, its no way realistic, even in terms of warcraft universe. Warriors aren't meant to be agile with acrobatic skills.
    Personally i'd prefer a charge like type of ability where you... charge but instead of target it would charge in straight line or target on the ground similar to leap but without jump thing.
    Not sure if they would avoid problems with patching of such skill cos it could be same case as with leap. Dunno.
    Or maybe just a sprint like barbs in D3, they love implementing stuff from D3 so... Anything reliable really.

Can that rogue chain thing go up stuff or does it cockblocked by pebbles like heroic leap?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    this is nothing new pathing issues and texture creating problem with certain spells have been in since the inception of the game back in 2005 and they are due to the engine.

Blink has had always issue, charge has had always issue in certain area, and since it was implemented in TBC (if I remember correctly, or it was WotLK) Heroic leap had pathing issues. They managed to make them better over time but as the problems lie deep in the WoW engine they can't be removed completely.

AFAIK.

A Million times No! Heroic leap is fantastic. They just need to shake out a few issues on the landing. It's great the way it is otherwise. It got MILES better once they made it so you couldn't extend the circle beyond the castable range, so now we can activate the spell, move the telegraph and click to go. it was murder trying to keep the circle within the castable range... stupid red texture.

'You can't do that here' should happen less frequently in instances now (as of the hotfixes on Aug 12).

I did some testing, and it is possible to leap up some inclines in instances now. Specifically, you can leap from the bottom of the first stairs in MSV (the ones that lead into the Pit with the Stone Guard) to about halfway up (roughly 3 times the height of a male blood elf I think? Before I think it was limited to about the height of a gnome, maybe a little more). Assuming there is a valid path, you should be able to leap up similar inclines now. I also tested it in Pit of Saron with similar results.

Probably doesn't help for the random 'no path available' errors, but at least they let us (and DH and Outlaw rogues) go up some slopes in instances now.

Deleted
    What about Demon Hunters then?

They can both leap uphill and use double jump + dash to get virtually anywhere.