Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Quick question: I have a level 95 (soon to be 96, after this invasion). The Coalesced Fel says that it can be used at level 98.

Does this mean I can start opening the boxes at 98 (i.e., getting 700 armor, and a chance at more Fel), or should I wait until 100? I don't want to waste the boxes, if I'm going to be level 100 in another 5-10 invasions.
    you need to be level 10 or you wont get the xp and the UI wont even appear. I experimented yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Shhh stop talking about it or they are going to nerf it
    They actually buffed it. It's intentional, at launch, it was much worse than it is right now.

btw is there a list somewhere for which weapons are most likely to drop for which class specs?

- - - Updated - - -

ah here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._by_specclass/

Do i have to attack everything to get the xp?
    What about the shards? Do i have to attack & kill all bosses?
    Or can i fly around, not attacking everything and get xp and shards or only xp?
    Last edited by Liutasil; 2016-08-15 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liutasil View Post
    Do i have to attack anything to get those shards from bosses or xp?
    You can get the stage ending XP, chests and shards without doing a single thing. However, some bosses will drop extra shards, and for that, you do have to attack them, though note, if you're leveling, they don't give much XP. Most enemies in invasions won't unless you kill them by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You can get the stage ending XP, chests and shards without doing a single thing. However, some bosses will drop extra shards, and for that, you do have to attack them, though note, if you're leveling, they don't give much XP. Most enemies in invasions won't unless you kill them by yourself.
    Thx! Going to try this out in the evening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liutasil View Post
    Do i have to attack everything to get the xp?
    What about the shards? Do i have to attack & kill all bosses?
    Well. I went into an invasion on my 42 paladin then I had to afk. Came back to see 2 phases of the invasion complete and my paladin was 43 without me tagging a single thing. Not sure about if I got shards though.

2 invasions took my level 10 to level 17

I've a feeling they're likely going to nerf the XP when these start to get more frequent.

Once the invasions are more regular, It's going to be WAY too quick to level flying invasion to invasion and then AFKing.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I've been leveling my rogue using these invasions, and while it's nice that's it's super fast, I don't like that there's no participation requirement to get the xp. If they want to keep the invasions giving as much xp as they do now, even after they speed up, that's fine I guess, but find a way to prevent afk leveling. Perhaps some relationship between how much you contributed to the progression of each stage and the amount of xp you get. I dunno, not sure what mechanics they have available to them, but something other than fly in and read a book while getting levels would be good imo.

I'm pretty (extremely) curious to see if things stay the same after tomorrow, or if they get nerfed. My thought is nerfed, which is why yesterday I made the push to do one Elixir's worth of bonus objectives, so now I'm at 98.5 and will hit 100 tonight from invasions. If they continue to give the same broken xp, just at a faster rate, then I guess I'll just take the free "boost" to 100 for my warlock and as-yet-unmade paladin, which will be my only classes I don't have a 100 in. We'll see!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I've a feeling they're likely going to nerf the XP when these start to get more frequent.

Once the invasions are more regular, It's going to be WAY too quick to level flying invasion to invasion and then AFKing.
    I think that is encouraged in order to get as many people playing as possible before launch. Also for us dedicated players it gives us a chance to cap classes that we always wanted to try. I think the XP amount is intentional.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I've been leveling my rogue using these invasions, and while it's nice that's it's super fast, I don't like that there's no participation requirement to get the xp. If they want to keep the invasions giving as much xp as they do now, even after they speed up, that's fine I guess, but find a way to prevent afk leveling. Perhaps some relationship between how much you contributed to the progression of each stage and the amount of xp you get. I dunno, not sure what mechanics they have available to them, but something other than fly in and read a book while getting levels would be good imo.
    Why does it matter? It's efficient, and it's two weeks before the expansion. There's no negative impact whatsoever from it, so why mess with it?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    My 98 is getting down leveled gear (I think 640) so I would wait.
    The trick is to not actually open your chests until you hit 100. The level for gear inside is set on opening, not on pick-up.

There's really no bad level bracket to do some invasions.