Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ramble ramble ramble <insert subjective opinion> ramble ramble ramble

tldr;

~snip~

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-08-17 at 02:13 PM.

Then play so,etching else no one is stopping you. A lot of you I'm this thread just need to go play something else and be done with it stop the rants that no one here cares about.

at this point i just assume everyone saying every spec is easy has no idea what they're doing.

What class/spec isn't easy to play these days? Even in Wrath the only true difficult spec was Sub for Rogues having to do their shit exactly right. The only difficult thing about any of this is if you had to handle extra tasks in raids (kiting mobs/deter tanking) and managing to damage the boss when possible. As far as 3 buttons goes, BM has 3 for basic rotation (light up abilities) with 2 short CD's baseline. Not sure what talents will be best or what you get from artifact at max level to add to this. MM has 3 baseline, 1 CD, and 1 thru talents for most standard builds, with extra added thru the artifact. SV has 5 baseline (some may or may not be used after gearing up) with 2 more thru talents, 1 CD baseline, and at least 1 more from the artifact.
    There's been classes/specs with less than that since at least Cata.
    If you're going to insult a class for being brain dead, at least try not be brain dead without having the full information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by colombo View Post
    Hunters current design is so rushed and unfinished the whole class is horrendous, none of the specs feel fun/challenging, they are braindead specs for the new basic players coming in, the company has lost the plot.

People who say hunter is amazing etc are those who are too scared shittless to re roll because they are shitt to play anything else other than a 3 button hunter class.

I been playing hunter since wotlk but there nothing to like about hunter in legion to continue playing it, if you love pets go play warlock.
    yeah because pressing buttons for DPS rotation is really fun. If you consider challenging rotation core of fun gameplay then hunter was never never good class for you.

Don't see what's funny about pressing abilities based on some addon like TMW or WA and then memorizing it after 2-3 raid nights. I think fun should come from fight mechanics and responding to it not DPS rotation.

10+ Year Old Account

thats what most scrubs do these days.
    if you think that's true then you clearly don't play the game much
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters current design is so rushed and unfinished the whole class is horrendous, none of the specs feel fun/challenging, they are braindead specs for the new basic players coming in, the company has lost the plot.

People who say hunter is amazing etc are those who are too scared shittless to re roll because they are shitt to play anything else other than a 3 button hunter class.

I been playing hunter since wotlk but there nothing to like about hunter in legion to continue playing it, if you love pets go play warlock.
    Hunter has always been an easy to play class.

The term Huntard did not pop out to describe the sheer amount of complexity that this incredibly rich as overly complicated class offers.

Deleted

I been playing hunter since wotlk but there nothing to like about hunter in legion to continue playing it,

i agree with op not exactly how he put it tho,but he does have a point,i have read alot of forums and all the complaints regarding hunters in legion but honestly cannot understand how any good sensible players can say were in a good place,makes zero sense.bm boring as hell and mm with sidewinders is awfull.

You guys make it sound as if any of the specs of most classes are currently more than 3-4 button specs. MM is probably one of the few specs that are "harder" than the average to play right now. It's very likely that none of you who say that MM is "easy and braindead" doesn't play it even close to 100% of it's potential. At the very least, MM Hunter is more difficult to optimize and play right now than it ever was...(I didn't play Cata though)

(I'm not even going to start with Vanilla) BC was a joke, WotLK was a joke, MoP was a joke, WoD was a joke. So... if it is "in shambles" now, it always has been.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-16 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Actually i think OP is just a stupid fucking **** but hey thats me...

[Infracted]
    #shotsfired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Talking very specifically about BM (Which you can talent to be quite fun)
    Well I am trying to give some love to BM but the only fun talent I found is Stomp. What else is fun and good for pvp?
    Survival seems like a niche spec for small scale battlegrounds, and MM has least survivability of all..
    Last edited by Apom; 2016-08-16 at 08:31 AM.

who said i like pets? get out.
    It's not like you can sacrifice them or anything. Hating pets but playing hunter since wrath person

Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Well I am trying to give some love to BM but the only fun talent I found is Stomp. What else is fun and good for pvp?
    Survival seems like a niche spec for small scale battlegrounds, and MM has least survivability of all..
    Survival is less niche than you'd think. I find that with the right combination of talents and a good head for managing the range your fighting at you can manage most other classes. Survival's root game is so strong that if your clever you can force most melee characters down to 70% health before they even reach combat with you. from there you can poor on damage and pussy out if you get outmatched. Out of all the specs in the game Survival has a serious ability to make other melee its bitch.

On the flip side, again, due to roots mostly, casters that rely on mobility to evade damage are screwed. The trade off is that survival has no tools for dealing with most everything else a caster could throw at you other than LoS and Aspect of the Turtle.

Marksmanships survivability increases drastically with the artifact, which if I'm not wrong gives them the ability to attack from Turtle which is amazing given its duration.

BM isn't going to seem like alot of fun right now because it's one of the classes that they stupidly applied all the fun parts to the artifact with. once you reach the point of having the second pet gain the benefit of bestial wrath and kill command etc, it'll probably feel better. And personally my favourite way to burst somebody is to bestial wrath, stampede, and barrage at the same time. Admittedly, that combo is a 1 off that your not gonna get to use frequently enough to warrant alot of the rest of the spec but... *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Dunno the hate against op, he is right. Hunters used to be a great class that had alot of utillity that made them fun in both pve and pvp. The only spec that has some utillity left is survival. All 3 spec are boring ant thats my opninion, if you think otherwise motivate why instead of a pointless sarcastic comment.
    All classes/speccs are like this in Legion, its not just hunter.

everyone across the board is going: builder builder#2 spender, if youre a caster theres a procc somewhere, a self heal button, an aoe button, an interrupt,a form of CC and if youre lucky you get a raid utility button

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    All classes/speccs are like this in Legion, its not just hunter.

everyone across the board is going: builder builder#2 spender, if youre a caster theres a procc somewhere, a self heal button, an aoe button, an interrupt,a form of CC and if youre lucky you get a raid utility button
    Most classes seem very streamlined and smooth. From what I've seen the most complex so far in prepatch is feral, who have had a track record of being on the more difficult side in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post

Marksmanships . . . . artifact, which if I'm not wrong gives them the ability to attack from Turtle which is amazing given its duration.
    FWIW . . . you are in fact wrong . . . artifact trait "Healing Shell" gives you a heal during turtle, but you still cannot DPS while in it. You can play with the artifact here: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...anship/AraTI3A

Hunters in legion lost most of their utility and tools.
    We have basic damage spells and perhaps 2 utility spells...

Before we had several spellbook pages full of various tools that better hunters used regularly.
    I stopped playing my hunter in legion... class lost everything that made a hunter fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Since when did hunters became an advanced class for new players coming to WoW. It has always been THE most basic class, and the class that is recommended for people new to MMO.
    It was the go-to class because it was easy to begin with, and did fairly well, but it was difficult to master and do good at and do other shit on the side like juggling traps, kiting a pack of mobs around, use tranq. shot on the enraged mob, AND do some of the raid damage...

I'll readily admit I miss those days, when I felt compelled to play my class well, because we had a toolkit that could with some practice.
    Now I've re-rolled demon hunter. Partially because of the above, and lastly because I despise what BM is now, and SV lost the initial fun. SV is not bad, but I sorely wish it was BM instead and a few talent swaps with that from WoD...
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-08-16 at 01:45 PM.

Hunters have the best way to get to their class hall though. Everyone else is all teleport teleport teleport. Hunters call an eagle that picks us up and gives us a lift.

On topic I swear we revisit this every...damn...expansion. Hunters are fine the sky is not falling you will live. Hunters change all the time. Either roll with the punches or re roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Hunters in legion lost most of their utility and tools.
    We have basic damage spells and perhaps 2 utility spells...

Before we had several spellbook pages full of various tools that better hunters used regularly.
    I stopped playing my hunter in legion... class lost everything that made a hunter fun and interesting.
    I don't doubt that some people were able to find some uses for those skills, but anytime I would try anything that I thought was remotely "skilled" it just made no difference. You could do something cool like spin, disengage, launch a freezing trap on some mob that got pulled, and then wear a smug smile only to see an avengers shield smack that mob the moment its frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The term Huntard did not pop out to describe the sheer amount of complexity that this incredibly rich as overly complicated class offers.
    It popped up because there are a lot of bad hunters out there. A lot. Used to be the first abilities you got were melee ablities and a lot of hunters stuck with that. The presence of the pet and how amazing it is out in the world enabled bad habits to form in a lot of hunters because they could do decent enough damage for questing and leveling dungeons and they were never punished because the pet could bail them out.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    at this point i just assume everyone saying every spec is easy has no idea what they're doing.
    No class in this game is hard. The hardest one at this point would be soul effigy aff I think since they are always multidotting and that can be a lot to track but it isn't particularly hard. Feral losing savage roar made the decision making process of how to spend your combo points a lot easier. The spec rotations have never been the hard part of the game though.

Hunter isn't what it used to be, that is for sure. Used to have all the utility and mobility in the world. Now we have little utility and sidewinders mm might be one of the least mobile specs in the game. Survival is...I don't know what it is but it will probably be the least represented spec in high end game play. I'm interested to see if I am still going to be stuck on 'bitch-duty' in raids running around and handling all the mechanics. I don't know if hunters are necessarily the best at that anymore.

Hunter is now the relaxing spec, especially bm. Push a button...breath in...push a button...breath out...push a button. Don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong with the resource capped design which by its nature has some downtime. Thing is generally when you are resource capped you use your resources to build up to something or being capped forces you to make a decision on what to do with your resources. Hunters just keep on pushing the same buttons with no build up or decisions.