Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah,... how about no.

My DH is there only as an alt.
    As long i don't play it in any content that really matters (I basicaly only do invasions on him) i'll use whatever looks the coolest... it's not like i need the extra dps off optimizing my rotation, which is rather boring at level 100.

In short: I play this class to waste time -> doing a suboptimal rotation wastes more time per mob -> profit

If how others play a class casualy "hurts your eyes" so much i'd suggest you play in less populated zones, or try a single-player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    I really don't care what you think.
    Cool, so you get why we'll still use BD even though you posted a very insightful answer to say "c'mon, don't use it or I'll look you with my angry stare !".

(Also : did you notice there are prepatch guides everywhere ? Those of us who want to have a 'correct' rotation -and Lord knows it's super duper important in this progression period LOL- have easily access to the most efficient cycle if we want to.)

Edit : Seriously the very existence of this thread baffles me. I try to do my rotation correctly, and I smile when I see another DH EBing and DBing in ST but because I think "heck (s)he's having fun" (and when I do trivial content I use these abilities because who f-ing cares ?).
    I get that the OP want optimized ppl in your PU raid, even if everything is a joke compared to what it used to be, but creating such a topic won't help at all. This topic is nothing more that stupid elitism meant to say "hey, there are many DHs but most are garbage and I'M decent". Well tyvm. If we want, though, we know how to look for stickies and pick the guide...
    I'm glad, though, so many ppl remind that if there is one time to fool around, it's now ! (also, leveling is cool for that) Keep EBing and looking fabulous, mates !
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2016-08-16 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    In PvE, there's NO reason to use Blade Dance in ST at all.
    If that is true, then there is no reason to use evasion for rogues aswell. Blade Dance gives you 100% dodge for a second.

There are some situations where Blade Dance is useful at single target:
    - In the last Phase of Star Augur Etraeus there are adds you have to look away from during an ability, you can still attack them with Blade Dance.
    - If you want to dodge something, as mentioned above.
    - To increase the duration of meta, if you've chosen demonic. Using Blade Dance shortly before meta fades will increase it's duration by up to 3 seconds, at least it did the last time i checked it, which was several weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug
    - And, of course, if you have chosen first blood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    pretty much this. people take this way to seriously. i think people forget that this is a game. i wanna see this level of ego adn epic asshatitude over monopoly with an expectation to be taken seriously. have some bloody perspective mate.
    DO NOT take monopoly into this. That game is the meaning of hardcore. I heard it is even too hardcore for Method!

More on topic, I don't see a huge problem. As long as they pull enough DPS I am happy. More sure is better, but unless it is progression (which no one is doing now), and things die, I have no problem. Progression it would bother me a bit, but not a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Oh-- using fel rush is much more than 6%. It's a whopping 18% on its own; more combined with Momentum. That's mandatory for everybody.
    Still won't use fel rush/momentum as part of my rotation..gives me a freaking headache

If you're tryharding during a prepatch and being upset about people playing around with a class that is less than one week old you're everything that is wrong with this game.

It's all fun and games until you get into a mythic dungeon group with 4 people who are just fooling around and you proceed to wipe on trivial content because people are pulling horrible dps for their ilvl, not using their tanking/healing tools and generally just ignoring mechanics.

Then you try to teach them and you get "fuck you, that's no fun" as a response.

Nobody cares what you do solo, but please, at least try when doing group content.

People are also taking this way too personally, would you get upset if i said that you should not use the same ability twice in a row on ww monk?
    I mean this is basically what this thread is in a nutshell.
    Person 1: BD in single target is not optimal
    Person 2: Fuck you, i do what i want
    Person 3: Damn tryhards, am i right?
    Person 4: STOP KILLING MY FUN!

Utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    If that is true, then there is no reason to use evasion for rogues aswell. Blade Dance gives you 100% dodge for a second.

There are some situations where Blade Dance is useful at single target:
    - In the last Phase of Star Augur Etraeus there are adds you have to look away from during an ability, you can still attack them with Blade Dance.
    - If you want to dodge something, as mentioned above.
    - To increase the duration of meta, if you've chosen demonic. Using Blade Dance shortly before meta fades will increase it's duration by up to 3 seconds, at least it did the last time i checked it, which was several weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug
    - And, of course, if you have chosen first blood
    Why do you have to point everything out?

As a DPS skill, Blade Dance adds NOTHING in Single target situations over Chaos Strike.

It is simplified for the pre-patch, obviously. You use Blade Dance if you've First Blood, specially in PvP. You use Blade Dance in AoE.

If there's one target, unless X special situation happens, you don't use it at all, lmao.

The meta thing duration is a bug.

In PvE, there's NO reason to use Blade Dance in ST at all.

In PvP, if you're not being focused, there's no reason at all either.
    Haha if you pvp and dont use blade dance against a single target, you're going to suck in pvp I'm so happy some players are completely clueless bout this new class. Gonna make it easier for me and my one shot burst

Same with eyebeam? Both are not optimal dps single target right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Haha if you pvp and dont use blade dance against a single target, you're going to suck in pvp I'm so happy some players are completely clueless bout this new class. Gonna make it easier for me and my one shot burst
    If you're not using First Blood, no, there's no reason to use Blade Dance if that target isn't focusing you. Chaos Strike hits harder, costs 40 Fury (5 more than Blade Dance) and has the chance to return 20 Fury on crit.

Glad to see you're so pro and that spamming Blade Dance is working for you, but there's no real reason to use it in Single target in the pre-patch unless you want to dodge stuff.

Yo, PvP DH here with Beta experience. Blade Dance is great on single target if you play with First Blood, specially as part of your burst combo but if you play with Felblade, use that instead and keep Blade Dance as a defensive tool for its dodge component.

Also if you expect that stacking Chaos Blades/Meta/Nemesis together in a macro will work agains't any 3s team with a brain (ie above 2400). I got bad news for you.

If you're not using First Blood, no, there's no reason to use Blade Dance if that target isn't focusing you. Chaos Strike hits harder, costs 40 Fury (5 more than Blade Dance) and has the chance to return 20 Fury on crit.

Glad to see you're so pro and that spamming Blade Dance is working for you, but there's no real reason to use it in Single target in the pre-patch unless you want to dodge stuff.
    A. You can't spam blade dance, theres a cooldown.
    B. If I could spam blade dance vs a target in a 1-1 I would as im near impossible to hit..... and its disorienting for ur oppenent, have u seen killing spree in action?
    C. Speccing First blood is almost Required if you plan to pvp as DH in arena.
    D. If you don't have beta and don't play 110 DH in arena, gtfo.

Deleted

Or because you're playing for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yo, PvP DH here with Beta experience. Blade Dance is great on single target if you play with First Blood, specially as part of your burst combo but if you play with Felblade, use that instead and keep Blade Dance as a defensive tool for its dodge component.

Also if you expect that stacking Chaos Blades/Meta/Nemesis together in a macro will work agains't any 3s team with a brain (ie above 2400). I got bad news for you.
    Lool I'd never spec felblade for serious pvp. Thats a bad talent vs Nemesis.

Also any smart player can see your burst coming a mile away, thats why when playing vs good players you have to space out ur cds, this I play a lot of on beta. the one shot burst is not smart vs a seasoned pvper. I use it for fun in duels and bgs where players have no idea what hit em. And they tend to say 'wtf'

A. You can't spam blade dance, theres a cooldown.
    B. If I could spam blade dance vs a target in a 1-1 I would as im near impossible to hit..... and its disorienting for ur oppenent, have u seen killing spree in action?
    C. Speccing First blood is almost Required if you plan to pvp as DH in arena.
    D. If you don't have beta and don't play 110 DH in arena, gtfo.
    Are you stupid?

I won't bother anymore. If you really think "spamming Blade Dance" means using it without CD you're just stupid. Learn to read between lines.

Not everything is PvP, and I already said before that First Blood for PvP is one of the strongest in tier if not the best.

But yeah, keep using Blade Dance on ST on CD while raiding or not focused. Then you will wonder why other DHs outdamage you lol.

I had beta access, btw.

Anyway, I'm out, later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Or because you're playing for fun
    Fine. Do it when you're alone. Not in groups.

Are you stupid?

I won't bother anymore. If you really think "spamming Blade Dance" means using it without CD you're just stupid. Learn to read between lines.

Not everything is PvP, and I already said before that First Blood for PvP is one of the strongest in tier if not the best.

But yeah, keep using Blade Dance on ST on CD while raiding or not focused. Then you will wonder why other DHs outdamage you lol.

I had beta access, btw.

Anyway, I'm out, later.
    I don't care for raiding, its incredibly boring to hit an NPC for 20mins straight. MINDNUMBINGLY BORING might i add. Pvp adds variety, different specs, different players playing different ways, different skill levels. Fighting an NPC that is scripted and has a scripted set of abilities s isn't something I'd look forward to going against.

So don't talk on abilities if you don't understand their use. Obviously i wouldnt want to spam any One ability but don't say something is useless in single target, when it provides a chance of not being hit whilst doing damage to ur opponent and his pets (if applicable) + This is extremely awesome when you are in demon form and have leech. Blade dance is actually beast with leech when you vs a hunter/dk and they got so many pets on you.

Lool I'd never spec felblade for serious pvp. Thats a bad talent vs Nemesis.

Also any smart player can see your burst coming a mile away, thats why when playing vs good players you have to space out ur cds, this I play a lot of on beta. the one shot burst is not smart vs a seasoned pvper. I use it for fun in duels and bgs where players have no idea what hit em. And they tend to say 'wtf'
    Nemesis isn't even on that tier, unless you meant Fel Eruption, then its your loss, its so much more versatile than a gimick like Nemesis (who's basically just Vendetta 2.0). Its an extra interupt, a way to close gaps and a ranged execute (crits for 400k on beta, not too shabby). Can't count how many arenas i won by finishing a mage off with it while sitting in a frost nova.

Otherwise yeah i try to force trinket first and have stuns off DR (to land a full Chaos Nova) before bursting with Chaos Blades (which is more than enough on its own to force defensives combined with artifact + First Blood Blade dance + full fury dump on chaos strikes, specially if you get Inner Demons to proc). I only use Meta either when i need to to survive through Soul Rending and the extra pressure (IE my Healer sitting in a full CC) or if i'm on full CC DR and our team are going for the kill).

- - - Updated - - -

Are you stupid?
    You're making a drama thread about pre-patch optimisation when the only content availlable has been nerfed into a pile of dust.

Are you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    DO NOT take monopoly into this. That game is the meaning of hardcore. I heard it is even too hardcore for Method!

More on topic, I don't see a huge problem. As long as they pull enough DPS I am happy. More sure is better, but unless it is progression (which no one is doing now), and things die, I have no problem. Progression it would bother me a bit, but not a lot.
    lmao method world forst on parkplace hooohoohoohoo
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    I really don't care what you think. Maybe when the expansion is live and people start playing properly I'll change my attitude. I really don't see any reason to let random demon hunters in the raid if I can't trust 75% of the dh pugs to perform. They don't deserve loot or a spot over people that will.
    Then why should any of us care what you think, and more-so what's the point of this thread in that case lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.