Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Tank Setup for Legion

Since legion will be released in quite a short time, I am sorting out for my guild what tanking setup we should go with.
    Our MT will be paladin nearly 100%, so I would like to get your input on what you think works good with paladin and why.

Ty in advance for your input

Whatever your 2nd tank wants to play and is comfortable with.

P.S. Would be nice if people who ask these questions give any hint what kind of progress / world rank type of guild they are. For 99% of the guilds, the above applies though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    For 99% of the guilds, the above applies though.
    And for the other 1%, they wouldn't ask on mmo-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think DH and Dk would make a decent Tanking team.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I think DH and Dk would make a decent Tanking team.
    #teamheroclass
    or
    #teamselfheal?

10+ Year Old Account
    #teamheroclass
    or
    #teamselfheal?
    #teamextradpsspot

10+ Year Old Account
    #teamheroclass
    or
    #teamselfheal?
    #TeamHeroHeal

Quote Originally Posted by Indhex View Post
    Since legion will be released in quite a short time, I am sorting out for my guild what tanking setup we should go with.
    Our MT will be paladin nearly 100%, so I would like to get your input on what you think works good with paladin and why.

Ty in advance for your input
    Paladin is, IMO, the weakest tank by far so if you are dead set on the weakest option then you aren't trying very hard to optimize and hence this is somewhat of a pointless thread. The first step is dump the pally tank, once you are willing to do that then you can talk optimization more effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    Paladin is, IMO, the weakest tank by far so if you are dead set on the weakest option then you aren't trying very hard to optimize and hence this is somewhat of a pointless thread. The first step is dump the pally tank, once you are willing to do that then you can talk optimization more effectively.
    The thread is pointless anyway, any tank setup is good enough outside the top %. and the top % isn't going to get their advise from MMO-C.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Paladin is, IMO, the weakest tank by far
    Slootbag claimed differently on his stream. And that was even before tonight buffs.

DH used to be considered the most "paper tank" for raids but they got buffed tonight too.

While DK and Warrior got nerfed. And who said this was the end of Blizz balancing.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-08-16 at 08:56 PM.

Paladin and dk would be top tier in my book

- - - Updated - - -

Paladin is by far the best progression tank. 50 percent reduction, cheat death and IMMUNITY. No one else can even compare and that's not considering their short cds mitigation and their active. But either way all tanks are extremely close.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Paladin is by far the best progression tank. 50 percent reduction, cheat death and IMMUNITY. No one else can even compare and that's not considering their short cds mitigation and their active. But either way all tanks are extremely close.
    This. Paladin is easily the best progression tank currently, and it was even before these buffs. Slootbag said this a few times but it's not hard to see that either way.

I'd say Prot pally/Bdk or Prot pally/Gdruid would be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but even DH tops that. 57% reduction, cheat death, mass grips/silences, more mobility. Immunity is pointless because you can't even tank with it.

Pally is now pretty much the weakest tank now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This. Paladin is easily the best progression tank currently, and it was even before these buffs. Slootbag said this a few times but it's not hard to see that either way.

I'd say Prot pally/Bdk or Prot pally/Gdruid would be the best.
    Yet go watch sloot do Mythic +10 ... he won't even use his pally for em. No one is using pallys for em. They take too much dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Sorry but even DH tops that. 57% reduction, cheat death, mass grips/silences, more mobility. Immunity is pointless because you can't even tank with it.

Pally is now pretty much the weakest tank now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet go watch sloot do Mythic +10 ... he won't even use his pally for em. No one is using pallys for em. They take too much dmg.
    He uses his pally almost every time..

He switches between all tanks as well. No idea what your talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Slootbag claimed differently on his stream. And that was even before tonight buffs.

DH used to be considered the most "paper tank" for raids but they got buffed tonight too.

While DK and Warrior got nerfed. And who said this was the end of Blizz balancing.
    Warriors only got nerfed with Dragonscales because any smart warrior took Indom over NS anyway as for Revenge and Heartstrike nerfs.. warriors and dk's realy did to much cleave dmg in dungeons :P

Hes doing it every week on all tanks except monk.

DH's needed a buff tbh because they where paper tanks.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-08-16 at 11:35 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Yet go watch sloot do Mythic +10 ...
    I watched him do it about 10 times on his paladin.
    Now what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Demon Hunter. Going off Blizzards track record, they will wreck DH tanks (and DPS) midway through the first tier and only buff them back up during or just before the last tier.

Also from what I've seen, Pally OT is best OT.

MT is largely whatever you want unless it's a DH (see above) or Monk (see any baby's diaper). Of course, ignore all of this if you find a legitimately skilled player.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I watched him do it about 10 times on his paladin.
    Now what?
    Sorry not a sloot fanboi. Only ones I have ever seen him run it on was his warrior and druid. Only ever seen the pally used on the lower end stuff. Granted I don't watch him every day as I am usually playing the game during the same time frame rather than watching someone else play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Not Demon Hunter. Going off Blizzards track record, they will wreck DH tanks (and DPS) midway through the first tier and only buff them back up during or just before the last tier.

Also from what I've seen, Pally OT is best OT.

MT is largely whatever you want unless it's a DH (see above) or Monk (see any baby's diaper). Of course, ignore all of this if you find a legitimately skilled player.
    That really depends on what you are looking at. DKs in wrath stayed strong all expac as did Monks in MoP. Granted monks were not near as OP as DKs were back in the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry not a sloot fanboi. Only ones I have ever seen him run it on was his warrior and druid. Only ever seen the pally used on the lower end stuff. Granted I don't watch him every day as I am usually playing the game during the same time frame rather than watching someone else play.
    Then dont talk about stuff you know nothing about, first you claim something and then when people tell you your wrong you pull the "i hardly watch him" card.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

7+ Year Old Account
    ^ /10char10
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron