Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Looking at soloing Old Content, what's unsoloable due to mechanics?

I'll be using mostly level 100 chars with 680+ gear from the Invasion Drops. The 100s are a Paladin (Ret Spec), Warlock (Demo), Priest (Holy) and DK (Frost Spec).

...I plan to solo Outland, Northrend, Cata and possibly some Pandaria Raids and Heroic Dungeons. The only fights I know of that can't be soloed due to mechanics are Emerald Dragon in ICC for non-Healer classes (So my DK and Lock Can't do it alone) and Spine of Deathwing (can't remember why). There's also that skippable boss in BT that requires another player to unpin you.

I can't remember if Flame Leviathan is soloable or not though I remember getting past him twice before with my Pally. Same with Yoggy. Any other fights that I will definitely require another person (which I can get) to get past from old content?

I also plan to try some older raids/dungeons with 90 chars at at later time if that matters. I've soloed Heroic LK 10 unbuffed with my Pally a few times so I know the insta-death mechanic at the end was removed.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated ^_^
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg, Flame Leviathan and Spine are all most definitely soloable.

You'll find it easier if you play the Paladin and DK in your tank spec as a lot of mechanics will ignore you, such as Facerage on Shannox.

On my Prot Warrior I'm currently able to solo pretty much everything up to ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both my blood DK and ret Pally are geared from the invasions and can do everything up to some of ToT (edit : the shadow council, whichever one has the loa spirits, I had trouble with that on my pally, haven't tried with my DK yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spine is perfectly soloable - you just have to be on point with preventing rolls. I don't recall any unsoloable BT bosses after the changes. Galakras is impossible to solo, and Ambershaper/Shek'zeer/Sha of Pride pre 7.0 and Durumu post 7.0 require very good gear.

I would recommend not soloing as Frost, but as Blood. Also, Durumu is currently bugged to never leave fog phase, so I haven't touched him since 5 tries post 7.0. I simply CBA wiping or clearing to him when I know I can go in at 110 with 850 ilvl and ROFLstomp 25 H full clear ToT.

If you are so inclined to bang your head on a wall with ToT council, take March of the Damned (Blood DK Wraithwalk talent).
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-08-16 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Galakras requires 2 people to shoot her simultaneously.

Animus in ToT is currently impossible, or at least I haven't yet found a way to survive the multiplicative mess of all the small golems stomping you.

Spine of Deathwing is totally soloable, you just gotta heal/avoid/mitigate the Corruption Blood: Death debuff.

Pretty much everything from Classic to Cata is soloable, and a lot of stuff in Mists is as well with sufficient gear and the right class.

Blood Corruption: Death doesn't do anything anymore, it just drops off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly concerned about the rolls from Spine of Deathwing. That's what stopped me before with my Pally and Warlock. I also ran into some trouble in P2 vs. Yogg. Can't remember offhand if I had all the guardians but I'm sure I missed one. The randomness of that Mechagnome fight is annoying but I got past it before with a few attempts.

...I'm proficient tanking as a Pally and DK and am not worried about mitigation or survivability either way. So it sounds like MoP up to ToT/SoO should be soloable with the chars I listed and possibly a Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Monk and Mage. The only class I'm not comfortable with at all is a Rogue (LOL).

Great tips for me to be mindful of though, thanks.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

For Spine this is what I did for months farming the mount.

1)Kill a tentacle.
    2)Stand on the grab spot. DW will keep rolling but you won't get thrown off.
    3)Wait for enough bloods.
    4)When you have enough bloods spawn a elemental thing and just bounce back and forth while you charge and kill it.
    5)Repeat until dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I'm mostly concerned about the rolls from Spine of Deathwing. That's what stopped me before with my Pally and Warlock. I also ran into some trouble in P2 vs. Yogg. Can't remember offhand if I had all the guardians but I'm sure I missed one. The randomness of that Mechagnome fight is annoying but I got past it before with a few attempts.

...I'm proficient tanking as a Pally and DK and am not worried about mitigation or survivability either way. So it sounds like MoP up to ToT/SoO should be soloable with the chars I listed and possibly a Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Monk and Mage. The only class I'm not comfortable with at all is a Rogue (LOL).

Great tips for me to be mindful of though, thanks.
    For spine, it's just a matter of standing in the middle and side stepping back and forth to each side so the roll never happens, just kill the bloods as they spawn and stack up the big add.

For Yogg... uhhh first you just kinda run around spawning a bunch of adds to kill on Sara, then you just chill until portals spawn, kill the tentacle holding you, go down and one shot everything below, you should be able to pop the brain in one portal phase, and then the fight's over. It's honestly pretty boring even with zero keepers.

Throne of Thunder is pretty much impossible on Heroic unless you are a tank. As a 740 rogue with 13/13M experience, I simply don't have the dps or the defensives to get past Horridon.

Might be possible, or even easy as a tank or another class with more healing, but it's not doable as a rogue atm.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityRogue View Post
    Throne of Thunder is pretty much impossible on Heroic unless you are a tank. As a 740 rogue with 13/13M experience, I simply don't have the dps or the defensives to get past Horridon.

Might be possible, or even easy as a tank or another class with more healing, but it's not doable as a rogue atm.
    Try actually killing the dinomancers so you stack the damage taken debuff, stop the healing, and interrupt the incoming damage and you won't have any trouble. DPS shouldn't really be a big concern until Durumu, and then you run into the insta-gib brick wall that is Animus.

Isn't amber-shaper unsoloable ? Everything else except Galakras might be soloable

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap, I forgot about the Chess Match in Kara. What's an efficient way of winning it very quickly?

Crap, I forgot about the Chess Match in Kara. What's an efficient way of winning it very quickly?
    Start off with king, immediately drop him and move the pawns in front of the knights one step forward. Switch to the rooks (water elementals) and put them in the open spots you've just made and wait until you can face them forward. Once each is facing forward, move a single pawn in front of the king out of the way.
    At this point you usually have medivh cheating, so move anything out of the fire if you can. If you're quick, feel free to move the other pawn in front of the queen one step forward.
    Aside from moving out of the fire, you won't need to move anything now. Just keep the AoE dot up from your queen and spam the normal attack on whatever you want.
    No clue if there are better ways, but thats what i used when i soloed it on my warlock 1 or 2 months ago.

what I do is begin by moving all the king-side pawns forward a space, then moving the rook/knight up behind them. Then switch to the king, move him out of fire if necessary and pop bloodlust/heroism (the enemy pieces will have engaged yours by now.) Then swap to your queen and kill one of the enemy healers, then their king.

- - - Updated - - -

also yeah unless there's some trick I'm not aware of, amber-shaper isn't soloable. He'll turn you into an amber golem and when that expires, you die. Maybe pet classes could somehow use their pets to kill the golem, not sure.

As a well geared Moonkin, i solo everything up to and including Throne of Thunder Heroic.

Haven't really tried Siege of Orgrimmar, but i reckon i might be able to clear some\most, only Galakras requires 2 people for the simultaneous shooting i think.

Fml is easy soloable

Spine of death wing is also soloable, it's takes a while to adjust, but once you know in your head how long it takes for him to spin, it's fine.

Also the pin boss in BT? Are you talking about the first? Besides the fact you can nuke him down instantly, he doesn't do that if your alone in the group / if he does it expires quicker than normal I can't remember which I've not seen that phase for years

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that event with a passion because it bugs out 50% of the time and the tactics most people use only work half the time.
    I just quit doing Karazhan and might farm the remaining transmogs I need from the last bosses once they fix this boss.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".