Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mostly wanted my lowbies to be able to fly. (Four to go.)

And to get my 90s (2 of them) to 100 and geared. The crates are nice, but I'll be missing out on necklace, cloak, two rings, and 2 trinkets if I don't get them to 100 before the event ends.

I have 4 100s who are missing a slot or two of gear. (Three are fully geared, and I'm okay on missing out on coalesced felt and war forged.)

I have a boost I plan to use on an Alliance alt. I wanted to get it through DK starting area and to 60 first (700 in engineering and tailoring). Then gearing.

Then an Alliance DH, and geared.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    There are 3 invasions on a 2 hour rotation, it's faster than it was before the 'nerf' in terms of xp/hour
    Except that the math of "3 invasions every 2 hours give more exp than 2 every 4" is wrong.

It didn't take 4 hours to complete 2 invasions, it was 1/2 to 1 hour both. It takes three times as much now, and that's not counting having to wait for the timer of the first three to run out.

The experience is still there, but it's not nearly as efficient.

I don't think they understand that no one cares about xp per hour, it's all about the efficiency of your time investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is super frustrating considering I just purchased a 300% flask for 7.8k

#feels
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    This is super frustrating considering I just purchased a 300% flask for 7.8k

#feels
    They are 10k+ on my server lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There are 3 invasions on a 2 hour rotation, it's faster than it was before the 'nerf' in terms of xp/hour
    For a single character, that's true with one caveat - the amount of time you're playing that character to get that experience has increased. In the 3.5 hours I had to wait for more invasions before, I could do them on other characters. So I could cycle through all my toons in an hour or so and then still have time left over. Having to do 2-3 times as many invasions to get the same experience is a HUGE nerf if you're leveling more that one character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They are 10k+ on my server lol.
    Haha, RIP. I thought they were re-usable since there was a cooldown.
    Silly me.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    For that low of amount of xp it's just not very fast or efficient way to level. By the time you factor in travel time and wait time for the event to complete, you could have easily have quested through a zone and gotten 5+ levels. I get doing it for the gear when you hit 100, but to try and level from it is dumb.
    If you have access to another account with the sandstone drake or any 2 person flyer it is quite efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you have access to another account with the sandstone drake or any 2 person flyer it is quite efficient.
    If you had GM powers and can just push a button and get from 1-100 (Without paying $$$$) it is quite efficient.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Even if you were leveling only one character, you'd have an extra hour every rotation to do quests/dungeons etc. It's a big nerf, and afk farming is still free xp, so who cares if you get $5 for free instead of $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you had GM powers and can just push a button and get from 1-100 (Without paying $$$$) it is quite efficient.....
    I am just saying if you have that available to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    (and the pop up XP was a different amount than the one displayed in the "General" tab" - like general tab showed "20 000" and the pop up showed "30 000"
    It was always doing this. In chat it shows base amount, on-screen shows actual gained (like after looms)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    completely false. it would take 5 of the current invasions to equal the previous two, xp-wise. and invasions now take far longer because many people quit doing them because of the nerf, so it is mathematically almost exactly 1/3 less xp, overall.

Also folks, please note the XP ramps up differently than it did before. Used to be stages 1-3 gave same xp and final gave more. Now it seems they all scale up toward the final one.

I didn't keep track well enough before to really be able to say now (like unless maybe I hopped on a fresh 90, of which I have no more), but I do feel like the xp (per 4 hours) is at worst comparable, at least for me (I wasn't super rushing them before)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    For that low of amount of xp it's just not very fast or efficient way to level. By the time you factor in travel time and wait time for the event to complete, you could have easily have quested through a zone and gotten 5+ levels. I get doing it for the gear when you hit 100, but to try and level from it is dumb.
    Yeah, I mean just going into the zone and hovering in the air while I watch t.v/cook dinner/literally do anything else while leveling is just dumb /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also folks, please note the XP ramps up differently than it did before. Used to be stages 1-3 gave same xp and final gave more. Now it seems they all scale up toward the final one.

I didn't keep track well enough before to really be able to say now (like unless maybe I hopped on a fresh 90, of which I have no more), but I do feel like the xp (per 4 hours) is at worst comparable, at least for me (I wasn't super rushing them before)
    Yeah, though I wish the reward was better but tougher to get. So many just standing around, slacking.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    completely false. it would take 5 of the current invasions to equal the previous two, xp-wise. and invasions now take far longer because many people quit doing them because of the nerf, so it is mathematically almost exactly 1/3 less xp, overall.
    funny, they're completing just as quickly as they were for me before.
    Not to mention complaining about literal free experience is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    funny, they're completing just as quickly as they were for me before.
    Not to mention complaining about literal free experience is stupid.
    What is this "free" experience you speak of?
    Last time I checked, you had to actually go to the invasion at participate "a little"
    If that's the case, it's "earned" xp
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    What is this "free" experience you speak of?
    Last time I checked, you had to actually go to the invasion at participate "a little"
    If that's the case, it's "earned" xp
    nope. You just have to be in the zone, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    and even if, if you auto attack a mob and then die getting that ammount is exp is still not earned lol.

Thats like saying some one "earned" 1 million dollars because they can figure out 2+2 = 4
    Well, when the word literal is used....
    Selling myself out below