Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Accusing someone of being mentally ill and saying "yeah well done show us your lfr achievement" IS toxic. That's not an opinion, that's just straight up being a cunt to another person for no reason at all.
    But it is pretty much...either you used a bunch of tokens that makes it a non-feat, or you sat in front of a screen for 6 days doing nothing else than grinding up reputations you already have on other characters for no beneficial reason, which is a pretty addicted/sick in the head king of thing imho.

And to deny you weren't trying to brag after going "look what I did I hope no one else has done it." Lets be honest you were trying to brag and you care too much about a video game to make your DH and immediately think "what weird thing can I do to brag about and make myself try to stand out." Then sit in front of a screen for 6 days and actually do it...unhealthy to your mind, unhealthy to your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

It's a videogame, you could extend that same argument to any PvE achievement. Leave him alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accusing someone of being mentally ill and saying "yeah well done show us your lfr achievement" IS toxic. That's not an opinion, that's just straight up being a cunt to another person for no reason at all.
    If you actually show signs of said mental illness, then I don't see the problem. (Notice I never said anything about agreeing with him here or not...) It's exactly what I am talking about - not being able to say what you see as the truth without being labeled as toxic, here or in a university.

Tenz-outta this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

While I agree with your point about asking for an LFR achievement, one could argue that encouraging someone to pursue an endeavor like this is "enabling" someone who may very well HAVE a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If you actually show signs of said mental illness, then I don't see the problem. (Notice I never said anything about agreeing with him here or not...) It's exactly what I am talking about - not being able to say what you see as the truth without being labeled as toxic, here or in a university.

Tenz-outta this thread.
    that might hold some water if you had any way of knowing the truth before making accusations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    What the hell is going on with the hostility in this thread??

Whenever people post insane shit like this people usually trample eachother trying to congratulate OP..
    The whole point is that 45 exalted reputations is the exact opposite of "insane".

Reps that used to be an actual grind are now piss-easy, and others are gotten just by doing a zone's worth of low-level quests. 45 exalted reps used to mean you had 99% of the reps maxed out, but now there's something like 82 in total so it's barely over half of them.

Look, here's a DH with 736 iLvL who also has already gotten 60 Exalted reputations, and the Beloved title.

Sorry, but 45 is still as meaningless as LFR. Pro-tip: There are always people who have dedicated more to something than you.

Don't pretend you weren't trying to brag, everyone can see through that awkward backpedal.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-08-16 at 10:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's a videogame, you could extend that same argument to any PvE achievement. Leave him alone.
    Playing the game and feeling the need to mindlessly grind to fulfill a "completionist" desire are not the same thing at all.

Reputation is not account wide.
    The achievement is.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Except its achievements and progress that he most likely has on other characters and to sit there and do them all over again, for no benefit, as fast as he can without moving for 6 days to brag about internet points is pretty unhealthy to his mind and body.

People like him are the reason world firsts were removed, but they've just found new outlets for their problem. At least world first was a feat...repeating old reputations in 6 days for no goal except to try and brag about something no one else even thought about doing is just sort of unhealthy, is all.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2016-08-16 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The whole point is that 45 exalted reputations is the exact opposite of "insane".

Reps that used to be an actual grind are now piss-easy, and others are gotten just by doing a zone's worth of low-level quests. 45 exalted reps used to mean you had 99% of the reps maxed out, but now there's something like 82 in total so it's barely over half of them.

Look, here's a DH with 736 iLvL who also has already gotten 60 Exalted reputations, and the Beloved title. Sorry, but 45 is still meaningless.
    He doesn't have a single reputation at exalted. Not sure what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Playing the game and feeling the need to mindlessly grind to fulfill a "completionist" desire are not the same thing at all.
    There's nothing wrong with maxing out reps. It is not telling of anyone's mental standings whatsoever in any shape or form. Anyone suggesting so is completely out of touch with the sciences and has not an iota of knowledge on the subject. Case closed, thanks.

I never realised how much of a mistake it was posting about something I enjoy doing and care about. I thought there'd be others like me who enjoy completing reputations but I see more people who enjoy shitting on others more than anything sadly.
    welcome to the internet

Good job. Its nice to see people still enjoy playing the game and have some desire to have fun doing so.

I'm sorry there are Trump supporters in your thread with the sole purpose of bashing you.

There's nothing wrong with maxing out reps. It is not telling of anyone's mental standings whatsoever in any shape or form. Anyone suggesting so is completely out of touch with the sciences and has not an iota of knowledge on the subject. Case closed, thanks.
    This is a repetitive activity that you've done... again... for the sole purpose of fulfilling a mental need for completion on a new screen you have to look at. You got nothing else for it. It's like feeling the need to touch your left leg any time you touch your right just to keep it "in balance". Sure, maybe it's not a compulsion. Maybe you did it for some reason other than that, like the desire to have strangers tell you, "great job," which just speaks to a different issue. I'm not saying you have a problem. I'm saying doing what you did and posting the way you did sure as heck is a red flag. Implying that you hope no one else has done it yet, while later insisting that you only started the thread to see what others were doing with their DH rep also doesn't do wonders for your position. I have no animosity for you; I have just seen others, including my son, go through similar things and the reminder of it just makes me a bit sad is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I'm sorry there are Trump supporters in your thread with the sole purpose of bashing you.
    What does Trump have to do with this? Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm so far left it's Green Party for me these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't have a single reputation at exalted. Not sure what you're talking about.
    He does, because it's account-wide. Thus the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeynest View Post
    It does yes. It's an account wide achievement. So it's entirely possible he had 44 reputations across other toons, and got one on his DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    doesn't this achievement take other toons into consideration as well
    You really felt this merited a post? And you really hope no one else achieved it, even though it's pretty much guaranteed that there's no-lifers out there who have? 45 reputations is hardly anything that warrants bragging about - it hasn't even been meaningful at all since WotLK.

And yes, please provide screenshots of all 45 reputations, because it's account-wide.
    While the achievement itself is account-wide, if you earned with one of your other characters the tooltip says: "Earned with YourOtherChar"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    While the achievement itself is account-wide, if you earned with one of your other characters the tooltip says: "Earned with YourOtherChar"
    Thank you for giving us much-needed clarity on what account-wide achievements are.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeynest View Post
    It does yes. It's an account wide achievement. So it's entirely possible he had 44 reputations across other toons, and got one on his DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    doesn't this achievement take other toons into consideration as well
    Thank you for giving us much-needed clarity on what account-wide achievements are.
    You're very welcome.

Shall I screenshot every single reputation then?
    Sorry buddy. I didn't mean to come off like that, was just answering the post above mine. Good on you for farming it! I will be doing the same in legion :>

I wish reputation was account-wide. I finally finished the 40 achievement on my lock just to get the title. But yeah, I have a lot of rep commendations from timewalking as well for my Demon Hunter. Not enough for exalted though that's like 60ish tokens probably (3000ish timewalking coins). Per reputation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much salt and jealousy in this thread.

Congrats OP, keep doing what you enjoy doing!