Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    This is the end. THE END I TELL YE!

They'll be looking to cut costs. What happens if they decide MMO champion is too costly?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I will now end all of my posts in OT with either the phrase "kappa" or "raise your dongers". You're welcome.

Also, posts in OT will involve 300000% more emojis.
    figures a draenei would be speaking like that.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    It Has Begun! For those that don't know, Twitch is owned by Amazon.
    mmoc has been running amazon ad scripts for half a decade.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    So more ads now? yay?
    God, they aren't ads. When will you learn that they are targeted pleasure experiences meant only to improve your stay on the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    God, they aren't ads. When will you learn that they are targeted pleasure experiences meant only to improve your stay on the site!
    Targeted Pleasure Experience, new band name found!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    if we had amazon based ads for gaming stuff it wouldnt be so bad but u get ads for allsorts on this site ranging from dating to those fake drug pills which make you lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    "Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company"

I thought it was the addon thingy.
    Curse Voice is pretty popular these days I hear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    if we had amazon based ads for gaming stuff it wouldnt be so bad but u get ads for allsorts on this site ranging from dating to those fake drug pills which make you lose weight
    Sounds like they have found their perfect target then.

Just use Adblock...

That being said, I think we should have ad-free mobile site access with a Curse premium account, but that is mostly due to the fact that I don't really like the ABP browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    All those free addons that we have been using. You can kiss the free part goodbye. Bet the farm we see some type of monetization. If Amazon/twitch didn't see a viable way to make a steady profit they wouldn't have even bothered. Imagine if all your addons just disappeared. Now imagine what you would give to have them back. Addons like DBM , I see $4.99 a month. would you give it? You can bet somebody , somewhere is figuring up what the community would give for each addon and at a decent price that they know the customer will give. The wheels are turning...
    you can still download the addons manually and move the folders into your wow folder like in the old ways, curse only provides a smoother way to help you install/update and manage all your addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just use Adblock...

That being said, I think we should have ad-free mobile site access with a Curse premium account, but that is mostly due to the fact that I don't really like the ABP browser.
    Firefox for android has support for extensions like normal adblock Skip using the Browser or the infinitely worse proxy service.

- - - Updated - - -

Ads are generally targeted to each user individually based on their browsing history...sooooooooooo?

10+ Year Old Account
    They could change some forum rules.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cont...uidelines.html
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I think the worst that will happen is Amazon and Twitch will make Curse sell off websites like MMO-C. And that might not be all that bad depending on who buys MMO-C and why. Just speculating.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think the worst that will happen is Amazon and Twitch will make Curse sell off websites like MMO-C. And that might not be all that bad depending on who buys MMO-C and why. Just speculating.
    Electronic Arts. Then it shots it down.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Firefox for android has support for extensions like normal adblock Skip using the Browser or the infinitely worse proxy service.
    I did install it on firefox (or was it chrome?) awhile ago, it missed a lot of ads...I'll try reinstalling and see what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Curse Voice is pretty popular these days I hear.
    IMO it's the best voice client out there right now, I highly recommend it: sound quality is crystal, and you can't be DDoS'd like Skype (a problem for competitive FPS and WoW PvP players).

Especially now that the new alpha build combines the addon management client with the voice app (one app that does both things).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Amazon, the poor man's Microsoft. Buying shit to see how quickly they can ruin it.

Deleted
    still not 100% sure what Amazon's motives were for the acquisition of Twitch. they can hardly make use of it as an advertising platform. everyone is already buying off of amazon anyways.

maybe Amazon is planning way ahead and in 2025 we will be able to support streamers through Amazon and purchase their vods etc.

crazy times yo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Amazon, the poor man's Microsoft. Buying shit to see how quickly they can ruin it.
    only reaon amazon isnt as rich as MS is cos they didnt make a PC operating system, your comparing 2 different companys that do totally different things, microsoft sells consoles and operating systems among other things whereas amazon sells anything from A to Z which is why the amazon logo has an arrow going from A to Z in there name

Please stop.