Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ingame info about Gilneas

After the BrokenShore you can mount gryphon that flies you to anduin to give Varian's letter. During that flight a dialogue occurs that mentions Gilneas as a people or nation.

http://imgur.com/a/dHvrw

Here is some previous info about Gilneas:
    - 4.3 Rogue legendary quest, Gilneas is under controll fo the alliance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwAB...nel=kur1gaming

- The Ultimate Visual Guide claimed the rogue even was never possible because it was abandoned. UVG is controversial having several retcons, blizzard did say unless the game later shows differently it is canon but that was only days after the release so i figured it might have been said to keep sales up.

- SoO, talking about securing border and keeping a watch on forsaken.

The dialogue can be interpreted differently. Either Gilneans are still waiting to get Gilneas back and preparing to strike. But thinking about it longer it's more about Gilneas wanting revenge against the forsaken and their ready to strike if needed regardless of what the state of Gilneas is.

Deleted
    It's possiblely secured by the alliance but rendered nearly uninhabitable for the general public following the use of Blight and possible the main population arr afaird to move back in case tensions boil over.

Abandoned as far as majority of the population but occupied by Allaince Military

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    After the BrokenShore you can mount gryphon that flies you to anduin to give Varian's letter. During that flight a dialogue occurs that mentions Gilneas as a people or nation.

http://imgur.com/a/dHvrw

- The Ultimate Visual Guide claimed the rogue even was never possible because it was abandoned. UVG is controversial having several retcons, blizzard did say unless the game later shows differently it is canon but that was only days after the release so i figured it might have been said to keep sales up.

- SoO, talking about securing border and keeping a watch on forsaken.

The dialogue can be interpreted differently. Either Gilneans are still waiting to get Gilneas back and preparing to strike. But thinking about it longer it's more about Gilneas wanting revenge against the forsaken and their ready to strike if needed regardless of what the state of Gilneas is.
    It is also quite possible that the remaining Gilneans died there, they were enslaved through dragon blood and it is hinted that the withdrawal has a good chance of killing them, which is most likely why it is listed as abandoned in the UVG

It might take a while until the Gilneans are able to return and rebuild the nation is pretty much in ruins and there aren't so many of them left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greymane and the army of Gilneas will make a strong debut in Legion. Plus, 'big' Gilnean names like Darius and his daughter will show up again as well.
    Genn also got his title back, 'King of Gilneas'. I'm saying this because for some weird reason, for all these years that he was hanging near Varian, he was simply called Genn Greymane.

Now I don't know about you guys, but to me it's very clear that you can't have all the above without including Gilneas itself to play some role sooner or later.

UVG claimed nothing about the Rogue part and does not make it impossible since UVG was released afterwards. There is no retcon here.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Now I don't know about you guys, but to me it's very clear that you can't have all the above without including Gilneas itself to play some role sooner or later.
    Tess already spoiled it with the bit about more funerals :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Gilneas - WoW's most massive graveyard.
    Joking aside, it would be more useful than it is now. Right now it's just a useless empty zone that only attracts some rp players. And it's been like that for years.
    Genn, the King without a Kingdom. It's about time they do something about it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Bake sale to raise funds for an invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im pretty sure that at this point graymane is too busy stalking sylvanas to even care about gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im pretty sure that at this point graymane is too busy stalking sylvanas to even care about gilneas.
    For some fucked up reason I imagined Greymane stalking Sylvanas in the bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some fucked up reason I imagined Greymane stalking Sylvanas in the bathroom.
    Could be worse. Could be nathanos in the shower, and he thought it would be sylvanas.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Could be worse. Could be nathanos in the shower, and he thought it would be sylvanas.
    It could be even worse. It could be genn using his enchanced worgen smell sniffing on (unwashed) sylvanas panties he found.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It could be even worse. It could be genn using his enchanced worgen smell sniffing on (unwashed) sylvanas panties he found.
    wtf is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    wtf is wrong with you?
    what isnt wrong with this forum
    Holy shit lol

It wouldn't make any thematic sense, but I'd be down for a Gilneas version of the Isle of Thunder patch. A Dreadlord decides to invade Gilneas knowing both the Forsaken and Gilneans would show up to fight and further split the factions. Like I said, it'd be super out of place and make little sense for the Legion to do, but I'd look past it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    wtf is wrong with you?
    Is there a problem ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    UVG claimed nothing about the Rogue part and does not make it impossible since UVG was released afterwards. There is no retcon here.

It does, Before UVG it was that Gilneas was under Gilneas controll and the legendary rogue quest showed that.
    UVG part retconned it based on saying Gilneas even retreated from Gilneas instead of their advancement beyond the wall and I believe calling it unhabitable.

The UVG retcon part is newer 'lore' than Rogue legendary but took into effect before that. According to UVG they even retreated out of Gilneas than the forces seen in the legendary quest could never have been their.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is also quite possible that the remaining Gilneans died there, they were enslaved through dragon blood and it is hinted that the withdrawal has a good chance of killing them, which is most likely why it is listed as abandoned in the UVG

It might take a while until the Gilneans are able to return and rebuild the nation is pretty much in ruins and there aren't so many of them left.
    It doesn't say their enslaved and everyone is. But the majority are corrupted by the blood and it's causing problems for forsaken and internally.

It would be lame to go oh they all died thats a pretty big wipe out of forces on one side for no reason.....than again they blizzard did destroy theramore.
    But the UVG makes it so that it's hihgly unlikely these forces were their to begin with since they all retreated from Gilneas before that.

The Horde hasn't got an equivavalent city to retake because most of the Horde races are either not from Azeroth(orcs), they've been created following the Third War(forsaken, blood elves) or they've always been based out of Kalimdor(tauren).

The Alliance has a lot of potential territory to take because large swathes of Azeroth have belonged to the various races that comprise the Alliance. The Horde and their various races historically never came close to this, except for the trolls, but the trolls that once held enormeous territory got nothing to do with the Horde.

This difference in potential is the key as to why Gilneas isn't back, why Stromgarde had to be destroyed with an assasination plot of their king, why Dalaran was forced into becoming a crossfaction hub and why Kul Tiras wasn't reintroduced yet. Won't even go into the subject of the stories behind Grim Batol("a dark taint corrupted Grim Batol because of a dwarf's death, so the Wildhammers can never reclaim it again") and the capitals of the other races within the Alliance.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-16 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Horde hasn't got an equivavalent city to retake because most of the Horde races are either not from Azeroth(orcs), they've been created following the Third War(forsaken, blood elves) or they've always been based out of Kalimdor(tauren).

The Alliance has a lot of potential territory to take because large swathes of Azeroth have belonged to the various races that comprise the Alliance. The Horde and their various races historically never came close to this, except for the trolls, but the trolls that once held enormeous territory got nothing to do with the Horde.

This difference in potential is the key as to why Gilneas isn't back, why Stromgarde had to be destroyed with an assasination plot of their king, why Dalaran was forced into becoming a crossfaction hub and why Kul Tiras wasn't reintroduced yet. Won't even go into the subject of the stories behind Grim Batol("a dark taint corrupted Grim Batol because of a dwarf's death, so the Wildhammers can never reclaim it again") and the capitals of the other races within the Alliance.
    Was a bit complexe at where you were going since it felt not related to the topic. But what your saying yeah somethings fucked and Gilneas should be under alliance but your explaining why it's not?

Adding to that it's also requires gameplay to take place in old zones quite a bit and Blizzard wouldn't like that.

Now talking about your explanation. What they are doing is creating an inequality about gains and losses to create an equality of footholds. It's rediculous it's not class or pvp balance, it's storytelling where the past and accumulation of event matter!! This is really hurting alliance and make the story bad for ignoring these elements.

If that was an issue they should have never started WoW the way it was being so close to Warcraft 3.

I'm tempted to go into the new event of tonight with jaina in dalaran since it's related to this but ill leave that for a seperate topic.

For me this topic was also about just the dialogue and it's meaning since i saw no one talk about it. But I did force it in a different way I guess :P

It does, Before UVG it was that Gilneas was under Gilneas controll and the legendary rogue quest showed that.
    UVG part retconned it based on saying Gilneas even retreated from Gilneas instead of their advancement beyond the wall and I believe calling it unhabitable.
    Rogue quest shows no Gilneas control. It shows Creed control. And Blackhowl control, whoever they are. Gilneas' advance beyond the Greymane Wall went up and died in Silverpine.

The UVG retcon part is newer 'lore' than Rogue legendary but took into effect before that. According to UVG they even retreated out of Gilneas than the forces seen in the legendary quest could never have been their.
    Which part says so? It only says Gilneas was abandoned. Could have been abandoned after Blackhowl died after Creed's blood left their bodies. But even if it was abandoned earlier it doesn't necessarily negate the Rogue quest since Blackhowl's affiliation with Alliance and Gilneas' government is completely unknown and the abandonment part could have referred to said Gilneas government.

Gilneas - WoW's most massive graveyard.
    Joking aside, it would be more useful than it is now. Right now it's just a useless empty zone that only attracts some rp players. And it's been like that for years.
    Needs more flashiness. King of the Mausoleum sounds nice. Or just Graveyard King. Maybe King of Bones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Was a bit complexe at where you were going since it felt not related to the topic. But what your saying yeah somethings fucked and Gilneas should be under alliance but your explaining why it's not?
    Yeah, I basically wanted to point out why it won't be added, drawing a parallel as to why so many other Alliance cities/kingdoms weren't introduced. It seems like Blizzard already felt like the Alliance had too much, so they started destroying larger cities/towns with each expansion.

Only way one faction can get something now is if the other gets something similar aswell, even if it includes cities. Since the Horde can only create new cities or take existing ones over, there is no way to give them something quite as good as Gilneas from scratch.