Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ranged spec in general would of been nice. That is why Outlaw = duel wielding pistols would of made more sense than a butt pirate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    I would love to see a caster that does something with nature. Something like lightning, fire, earth, and water. But they would need to be competitive with pures and bring something useful to progression raiding. Don't think there's anything like that right now.
    Shamans? xD

I'd rather they just give class more specs that introduce new classes.

I really don't think there is a need for a new class. They could expand upon existing one easily.

A 4th spec caster monk sound very interesting to me. They have enough flavor and lore to not dilute the class and specs. Keep Brewmaster a tank spec to fit with Niuzao the Black Ox and Windwalker a melee dps spec to fit with Xuen the White Tiger, but change Mistweaver name and theme to fit with Chi-Ji the Red Crane.

Could be themed with Red/Fire/Hope/Song/Desire/Passion/Enthusiasm/Warmth/ etc, a name like Flamegazer, something that means augur, seer, soothsayer, a beacon of hope, a warm mending/inspiring flame, etc. Kindda opposite to Restoration Shaman with their calming waters, Flamegazers would cheer up and spark good things with their fireworks.

Mistweaver would then be the range/caster to fit With Yu'lon the Jade Serpent, with nature/frost/fire damage. Tthemed with Green/Cloud Serpents/Jadefire/Lightning/Mist/Bamboo Forest/Statues/Fumes
    Bending with the Wind/Cunning/Wisdom/Reincarnation/Foresight/Heart of Pandaria/One with the Land
    Truest answers always came from Within/Introspection/Meditation/Clarity/Confidence/Willpower/Faith/Calm/Scrolls/Knowledge etc.

Demon Hunters could have 3rd spec like a mid-ranged spec that is somehow a pet-less hybrid of marks hunter and destro lock. Using both phisical attacks and fel/chaos magic, a focus on Glaive Throw, Eye beams, Soul stealing, chaos magic, etc.

DKs could have Unholy be even more of a mid-range instead of full melee, somehow being a plate/2hander wielding necromancer, focusing way more on pets and shadow spells like plagues and stuff. It's almost already like that so there is no need for a full necro class atm.
    Last edited by Ancihcaor; 2016-08-17 at 01:25 AM. Reason: formatting

If they add a new caster to the game, its probably going to be Necromancer. Everything they originally planned on adding is now slowing being added in, and Necromancer is next on the list. Like DH, they would take some abilities from DK, but I'm sure it'd be fine.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    This is what I think unholy should have been especially with all the necromancer similarities, hell give another use to int plate.
    This. Dump frost dual wielding, give it 2h back, beacuse DKS should have never been able to dual wield in the first place, keep blood as it is, but make unholy a caster spec that uses plague DoTs and summons expendable undead minions.

If DK were like this, I'd see frost getting frostmourne as an artifact, and unholy getting Kel'thuzad's staff, while blood still gets random demon #122542342's particularly badass axe.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I would personally like to see one less melee...
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    But they would need to be competitive with pures and bring something useful to progression raiding. Don't think there's anything like that right now.
    I was about to call you out, but then I realized you're right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    I would personally like to see one less melee...
    I think either outlaw rogue, survival hunter, or unholy dk could go.

Blizz could make unholy a necromancer spec as mentioned earlier, give outlaw rogues full ranged with pistols/bows, and remove sub's dagger restriction so rogues don't have 4 useless weapon types, and they could just revert survival back to its old self, but add stuff like the hand grenades and new traps.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    I would like to see NO MORE NEW CLASSES, thank you.
    I agree, but I wouldn't mind if they pulled a survival hunter/outlaw rogue on some other specs to create more diversity.

Deleted
    Yeah Demon Hunter are soooo last week, we totally need a new class to keep the game fresh!
    On a more serious note: I'd like to see all classes pruned down to 2 specs - and a mail wearing ranged dps class added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still holding out hope for a ranged monk spec. We saw early stages of it from various NPCs in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Still holding out hope for a ranged monk spec. We saw early stages of it from various NPCs in MoP.
    Thing is on paper monks are literally "martial arts" which is physical offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilin View Post
    Thing is on paper monks are literally "martial arts" which is physical offense.
    Yeah, but still, I can dream.

Deleted
    Dark X class

- Dark Ranger spec

- Necromancer spec

- possibly a dark healer spec

I want to see a ranged caster tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I want to see a ranged caster tank.
    Tinkerer class could fill this. Arcane rocket/missiles,etc for ranged. Buzzsaws, mini mortars, shield for a tank.

Deleted
    I could see forever being mentioned tinkerer (only available to gnomes, dwarves, goblins and orcs), which could be ranged, melee and support-healing that summons healing and buffing mechanicals

I could also see Necromancer work even though DKs drained alot of "fantasy" from this potential class, ranged cloth tank summoning meat wagon for tanking or some armored version of patchwerk, banshees to help with ranged dps, im pretty sure they could come up with some healing undead abominations as well. Maybe Bolvar could send some tutors to teach this to both factions, most would refuse this "gift", undead would 100% accept these teachings and humans would probably as well...because what wouldnt people do for more powah? Maybe it sounds dumb but these mechanics are kinda unexplored up to this day.

There could a class with unique gameplay, when you deal melee damage you automatically change form to do ranged damage which is higher the further away from the target you are until you change back to melee form. Dont know what kind of class it could be, dunno how it could technically work, it just sounds really interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    After seeing the broken shore scenario. We need that mechaneer!
    Haha, couldn't agree more, Mekkatorque totally stole that show and made me want to reroll more gnome characters. xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, rather see another mail class.
    Mail caster class? Shadow Hunters would be a perfect match. One physical range dps spec (so hunters aren't the only ones with weapons), one magical range dps spec (caster role), one healing spec.

Would be effin perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt read the rest but:
    Monk ranged spec
    Ranged tank spec (yes this can be done)
    Overall more healers!!!
    Im getting sick of getting melee every other expac!! (dk, monk, dh)
    The Monk Phenomenon

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way they'll remove undead minions from Death Knights. They're advertised as controllers of the undead.

Too many shadow-themed classes atm (Warlock, Death Knight, Shadow Priest, Demon Hunter, partly Hunter). I'm expecting something new, based on different schools of magic. My bet is on Arcane.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-08-17 at 09:18 AM.