Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[SPOILERS] Demon Invasion Part 2 - Theory

Before we start I want to say that I am by no means very well versed in the Lore of World of Warcraft. I know enough to get by, but I'm no expert so I'm putting this together based on what I saw during the Demon Invasion Part 2.

Warning: In case you didn't read the title; SPOILERS

I'm going to skip over most of the interesting stuff that happens in Ulduar and get to the part that's interested me the most. We find out that the Planet itself is in fact a Titan. Pretty awesome stuff, but today I was clearing Ulduar as I do every reset and I was thinking;

"It's a tad weird that Algalon came here to re-originate the planet, that is itself a Titan..."

As I was leaving Algalons Chamber, I noticed Azeroth spinning on a pedestal. Along with 6 other Planets. 7 Planets in total. If Azeroth is a Titan, why couldn't these other planets also be Titans? What if when the Titans were defeated they were turned into Planets or something? So a quick Google and I find that there are in-fact, 7 Titans, including Sargeras.

What if the 7 Planets shown here in Ulduar are the Titans? What if our understanding of the Titans is completely wrong?! Albeit they were, or can take on some form of Avatar, but they're actually planets? The Burning Legion is taking over and destroying these planets in the hope of killing off the Titans?

Random thoughts, random ideas, might be totally wrong, but what do you think?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    And azeroth is a SHE

Titans are all dead and their spirits were placed in various keepers on Azeroth. The re-orgination device only serves to eradicate all life on the planet in an effort to remove any void corruption that may be happening, but will not hurt the sleeping Titan in the process.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

This actually ties pretty heavily into what was revealed in Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1. Suffice to say, you're both right and wrong.

Yes, the Pantheon are, essentially, awakened planets. And yes, Sargeras is targeting Azeroth specifically because it contains a nascent titan. However, the Burning Legion in general is not targeting titans--largely because Azeroth is the last titan that Sargeras or the Pantheon knows about. The rest of the worlds the Burning Legion has destroyed are simply planets, nothing more.

Basically, Sargeras found out that the void essentially wants to twist and corrupt all of creation, and they ESPECIALLY want to corrupt a nascent titan to help them do so, because such a thing would be nigh-unstoppable (which is the purpose of their creations, the Old Gods). After seeing one titan-world that the Old Gods had already begun to corrupt (and subsequently destroying it), he came to the conclusion that the only surefire way to defeat the void is the complete eradication of all life in the universe. He figures that life took hold once so maybe it will do so again, but even if it doesn't he sees oblivion as being superior to a universe dominated by the void.

Which is why he's so keen on destroying Azeroth in particular: he wants to prevent the nascent titan within from being corrupted by the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersomething View Post
    Titans are all dead and their spirits were placed in various keepers on Azeroth. The re-orgination device only serves to eradicate all life on the planet in an effort to remove any void corruption that may be happening, but will not hurt the sleeping Titan in the process.
    But what if they're not placed in various keepers on Azeroth? Is Azeroth then the only living Titan who looks after the remainders?

Or did the Titans die, and get turned into Planets? Where the Titans always planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Before we start I want to say that I am by no means very well versed in the Lore of World of Warcraft. I know enough to get by, but I'm no expert so I'm putting this together based on what I saw during the Demon Invasion Part 2.

I'm going to skip over most of the interesting stuff that happens in Ulduar and get to the part that's interested me the most. We find out that the Planet itself is in fact a Titan. Pretty awesome stuff, but today I was clearing Ulduar as I do every reset and I was thinking;

"It's a tad weird that Algalon came here to re-originate the planet, that is itself a Titan..."

As I was leaving Algalons Chamber, I noticed Azeroth spinning on a pedestal. Along with 6 other Planets. 7 Planets in total. If Azeroth is a Titan, why couldn't these other planets also be Titans? What if when the Titans were defeated they were turned into Planets or something? So a quick Google and I find that there are in-fact, 7 Titans, including Sargeras.

What if the 7 Planets shown here in Ulduar are the Titans? What if our understanding of the Titans is completely wrong?! Albeit they were, or can take on some form of Avatar, but they're actually planets? The Burning Legion is taking over and destroying these planets in the hope of killing off the Titans?

So Sargeras is a planet? Maybe it will come crashing down on Azeroth. I wonder if Draenor is a titan as well, but from another world? Maybe in the Warcraft universe, all planets are titans!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So Sargeras is a planet? Maybe it will come crashing down on Azeroth. I wonder if Draenor is a titan as well, but from another world? Maybe in the Warcraft universe, all planets are titans!
    Read Chronicles.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't think all planets are, but I find it odd that we find out, in Ulduar, that Azeroth is a Titan, and that next to Azeroth, are 6 other planets. 7 Total. 7 Titans total. Maybe a huge coincidence, but I don't think so.

It would explain why we've never seen, nor fought Sargeras directly. Perhaps that's why we've only ever seen his Avatar, because otherwise we'd be stabbing into a planet.

But what if they're not placed in various keepers on Azeroth?
    Might as well ask "what if Sargeras isn't a titan?" Word of god says that's what happened. In fact, evidence of this can be seen in the quest where Wrathion consumes Lei Shen's heart.

Is Azeroth then the only living Titan who looks after the remainders?
    Azeroth can be thought of as a baby titan. It really isn't doing anything at all except speaking through Magni.

Or did the Titans die, and get turned into Planets? Where the Titans always planets?
    The titans were birthed from planets.

So Sargeras is a planet?
    No.

I wonder if Draenor is a titan as well, but from another world?
    Also no.

Maybe in the Warcraft universe, all planets are titans!
    Any planet could be, but the vast majority aren't. The Pantheon searched for a very long time, and Azeroth is the only one they've found. And before they did, they started to fear that there weren't any more.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Not really though, it would be the planetary equivalent of taking a shower after running a marathon.

Also, read the chronicles if you want to dive deeper in to this, you are pretty much making the wrong assumptions about everything here.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Also, read the chronicles if you want to dive deeper in to this, you are pretty much making the wrong assumptions about everything here.
    As I said, not a big Lore fan, not into reading any of the books, but I thought I'd share my idea from what I saw in-game.

But what if they're not placed in various keepers on Azeroth? Is Azeroth then the only living Titan who looks after the remainders?

The thing is that the Pantheon's bodies are already destroyed by Sargeras' massive fel storm. There wasn't anything left to turn into planets. As of their souls, Chronicle already stated that they are inside the Keepers, laying dormant, so there isn't a "what if they are not" scenario that suits the current lore.

Is Azeroth the only remaining Titan, then? Maybe not. The universe is large, there might be some Titans growing up in some far away corner. However, Azeroth is the only known living Titan (if we aren't counting Sargeras). IF there is any other Titan left, they are unknown to everyone in lore at the moment.

It would explain why we've never seen, nor fought Sargeras directly. Perhaps that's why we've only ever seen his Avatar, because otherwise we'd be stabbing into a planet.
    We've never seen nor fought Sargeras directly because of a simple reason - the moment he reach Azeroth, he can pretty much cut it in half with a single strike. Us, as of right now, have nothing to prevent that. Malfurion (+ some others) saw him directly in the past, however, when he was trying to cross the portal to get to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-17 at 08:54 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I don't think all planets are, but I find it odd that we find out, in Ulduar, that Azeroth is a Titan, and that next to Azeroth, are 6 other planets. 7 Total. 7 Titans total. Maybe a huge coincidence, but I don't think so.
    I think it's just a coincidence, but it's possible there is some significance to it. I doubt it, though.

He isn't a planet, but he IS about as big as one:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sarge...ing_planet.jpg

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, not a big Lore fan, not into reading any of the books, but I thought I'd share my idea from what I saw in-game.
    Should be able to dig up some neat summarys, it's worth the read tbh. Lots of insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The thing is that the Pantheon's bodies are already destroyed by Sargeras' massive fel storm. There wasn't anything left to turn into planets. As of their souls, Chronicle already stated that they are inside the Keepers, laying dormant, so there isn't a "what if they are not" scenario that suits the current lore.

Is Azeroth the only remaining Titan, then? Maybe not. The universe is large, there might be some Titans growing up in some far away corner. However, Azeroth is the only known living Titan (if we aren't counting Sargeras). IF there is any other Titan left, they are unknown to everyone in lore at the moment.
    Ahhh, okay. Thanks for clarifying this then.

So perhaps then that Planets seen are the new Titan Homes that Algalon is aware of? Maybe they're former homes?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quite an oxymoron going on here really. That said; you are pretty much just wrong all around, and if you do not intend to read up on the lore, then shush, all you are doing right now, is causing more confusion.

So perhaps then that Planets seen are the new Titan Homes that Algalon is aware of? Maybe they're former homes?
    That's not really how it works. Likely they're just other worlds the titans have visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Quite an oxymoron going on here really. That said; you are pretty much just wrong all around, and if you do not intend to read up on the lore, then shush, all you are doing right now, is causing more confusion.
    Nice attitude mate. It's not an oxymoron, I enjoy the lore in the game where I can see and witness it, and I keep myself up to date a little on these forums, but that's about it. If you can't have a nice chat with others, piss off buddy.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice attitude mate. It's not an oxymoron, I enjoy the lore in the game where I can see and witness it, and I keep myself up to date a little on these forums, but that's about it. If you can't have a nice chat with others, piss off buddy.
    "Not a big lore fan" certainly clashes with "I enjoy the lore in the game", yet another oxymoron. As for the original oxymoron, that's a person, describing themselves as, "not a big lore fan" making a lore thread. Which does not change the fact that you are very wrong though, and by stating these "facts", which are based upon misunderstandings and a certain headcannon, you do indeed only serve to confuse some people. Besides, reading up on the lore takes little to no effort; Wowpedia does it for you pretty much, and it does it for free - yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Not a big lore fan" certainly clashes with "I enjoy the lore in the game", yet another oxymoron. As for the original oxymoron, that's a person, describing themselves as, "not a big lore fan" making a lore thread. Which does not change the fact that you are very wrong though, and by stating these "facts", which are based upon misunderstandings and a certain headcannon, you do indeed only serve to confuse some people. Besides, reading up on the lore takes little to no effort; Wowpedia does it for you pretty much, and it does it for free - yay!
    Not sure why you're being a bit of a bellend, but I guess I'll make it clear for you;

1) I'm not a big lore fan, but I do enjoy the lore I see in-game. That means, if you aren't going to pay attention, that I enjoy seeing the cut scenes, reading the dialogue and such in-game, but I don't read any of the books or watch many of the videos outside of the game itself.

2) Do I need to be a big Lore fan to be eligible to write here in the Lore forum? Is it a requirement that I class myself as somewhat of a Lore buff in order to have opinions on the Lore?

3) I've not once, ever, in any of my posts in this thread "stated facts". I've brought what I think is going on to the table, with what I've seen in-game, based on the new information from the quest line. If you're not happy with that, I suggest you leave the thread, and don't bother to visit the Lore section too often as much of it is about piecing together information from the Game, Books & Videos.

4) Stop being a condescending asshat. You might get somewhere in your conversations with people.