Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Raid Release Schedule

Hi all!

With legion only 2 weeks away and the schedule for when the raids will be released not out yet I can only think about why this isn't the case.
    Seems really strange, considering WoDs schedule was released 3 months before the launch of the expansion.

I'm going to go ahead and guess similar to WoD's (2.5 weeks so maybe 3) or slightly longer. There's a ton of shit to do pre-raid, specially if you have alts you need to gear or multiple raid groups you run.

I've heard speculation on raids starting the 21st, don't know how accurate that is though.

Deleted
    I'd say:

• 5% 13-14 September
    • 75% 20-21 September.
    • 19% 27-28 September.
    • 1% later

Deleted
    Really could do with knowing these since I want to book a couple of days off work, so its a little frustrating Blizzard have kept quiet about it. Hopefully they announce or confirm something during Gamescom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    Hi all!

With legion only 2 weeks away and the schedule for when the raids will be released not out yet I can only think about why this isn't the case.
    Seems really strange, considering WoDs schedule was released 3 months before the launch of the expansion.
    They said at Blizzcon 2015 that the raid release schedule will be similar to that of WoD. Emerald Dream comes a few weeks after release, and Suramar Palace another couple of weeks later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    They said at Blizzcon 2015 that the raid release schedule will be similar to that of WoD. Emerald Dream comes a few weeks after release, and Suramar Palace another couple of weeks later.
    I thought they also said (since then) that BRF came too soon though, and they were wanting better pacing as well with raid releases.

Well we aren't getting suramar raid until January sadly. Believe Watcher in one of the more recent developments interviews mentioned a January release for nighthold

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    I'd say:

• 5% 13-14 September
    • 75% 20-21 September.
    • 19% 27-28 September.
    • 1% later
    This feels like strong odds imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    I thought they also said (since then) that BRF came too soon though, and they were wanting better pacing as well with raid releases.
    I don't know, possible. Haven't followed everything they said for a year now. If it will come later then that's shit. But I don't think the lack of a raid schedule has anything to do with that. We won't get a raid schedule for Suramar Palace anyway, it will be for Emerald Dream at first.

that incorrect - there was twits sugesting that will you will to wait till january till nighthold opens

Suramar Palace is a the next raid tier so it will be longer than highmaul-Blackrock foundry gap they've said. It will be around 3 month gap between them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Suramar Palace is a the next raid tier so it will be longer than highmaul-Blackrock foundry gap they've said. It will be around 3 month gap between them.
    I think 4-6 weeks cap would be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that incorrect
    No.

That not incorrect.

That 100% correct.

They said at Blizzcon that they want a raid schedule similar to that of WoD. WoD released November, several weeks later they released Highmaul, and another couple of weeks later they released BRF in February.

Legion releases end of August, almost September. Emerald Dream will come a couple of weeks later, probably in October, and then another couple of weeks later they will release Nighthold. If it is released January then that will have been a couple of weeks.

My original post was more concerning about the exact release dates for emerald nightmare. It's actually just beyond me how there hasn't been a blue post regarding the specific release date for EN. We are less than 2 weeks from release. The difference between 2/3/4 weeks after release isn't trivial.

They essentially confirmed a tentative January release for Nighthold. The working assumption for Emerald Nightmare is 3 weeks after launch, although it could still be two or possibly 4(unlikely based on the info we have). I would put Sept 21st as like a 75-80% chance.

January for NH makes sense, as they have stated multiple times that they felt BRF was too soon after Highmaul. And like someone said above, a recent Watcher interview heavily indicated this.
    Last edited by Ammanas; 2016-08-17 at 01:13 PM.

No.

That not incorrect.

That 100% correct.

They said at Blizzcon that they want a raid schedule similar to that of WoD. WoD released November, several weeks later they released Highmaul, and another couple of weeks later they released BRF in February.

Legion releases end of August, almost September. Emerald Dream will come a couple of weeks later, probably in October, and then another couple of weeks later they will release Nighthold. If it is released January then that will have been a couple of weeks.
    Guessing english isn't your first language? You're probably correct on Nighthold being in January although emerald dream is unlikely to be in October, will probably be 21st of september, 28th at the latest. However you really can't use the word couple to describe any of these cases.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2016-08-17 at 01:24 PM.

If they keep following raid release patterns like they did with HFC with 2 weeks between each lfr wing.

Week 0: Expansion release

Week 4: Emerald nightmare opens

Week 5: Mythic+Raid finder wing 1 open (first 3 bosses)

Week 7: Raid finder wing 2 open (another 3 bosses)

Week 9: Raid finder wing 3 open (Last boss only)

That would be Everything in first raid open on 1st of november.

Highmaul - Blackrock foundry gap was 1 month after lfr was fully opened. This time around they want first raid to be a entire tier on it's own vs just 0.5 tier in WoD so they will probably do at least 2 month gap maybe 3 months. So a January release on Nighthold would be an early estimate

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    This time around they want first raid to be a entire tier on it's own vs just 0.5 tier in WoD so they will probably do at least 2 month gap maybe 3 months. So a January release on Nighthold would be an early estimate
    EN won't be an entire tier because it has neither tier gear nor unique art. Cutting Edge will also be obtainable after NH release. So, EN still takes the same position as MSV and HM did. The ilvl gap is devastating that time, though.
    Last edited by Avalrand; 2016-08-17 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post
    They essentially confirmed a tentative January release for Nighthold. The working assumption for Emerald Nightmare is 3 weeks after launch, although it could still be two or possibly 4(unlikely based on the info we have). I would put Sept 21st as like a 75-80% chance.

January for NH makes sense, as they have stated multiple times that they felt BRF was too soon after Highmaul. And like someone said above, a recent Watcher interview heavily indicated this.
    They said that, but then today Ion said they think raids should last 4-5 months. It's going to end up being HM/BRF 2.0 if that's the case.

7 boss raid is way too few for a first tier when they have the most active sub. They should release both EN and NH