Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There was no reason for DPS DKs to not have a taunt when DPS warriors, paladins, monks, and druids kept theirs, but it wasn't patched in for all of WoD. I suggest not holding your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There was no reason for DPS DKs to not have a taunt when DPS warriors, paladins, monks, and druids kept theirs, but it wasn't patched in for all of WoD. I suggest not holding your breath.
    Didn't unglyphed death grip taunt on all DK specs in WoD?

Yes, but at 3x the cooldown and every DPS DK had it glyphed unless they knew before the fight began they would need to taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    This may have been discussed before but perhaps someone here has an explanation for this.

My understanding of class design going forward was that any class that had a tanking spec would retain their single target taunt, for example feral druids can still growl - arms warriors taunt etc. Is there a reason that this has not been applied to havok demon hunters?

I realise it's not a big deal, but am curious if there is a reason behind it.
    Why can't you write Havoc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I like having a taunt as DPS when I'm mass pulling stuff in low level instances that just won't aggro to me or is too far and would be annoying to have to detour just to walk up to them so they can aggro. don't like having to kill them with throw glaive either, taunting is much better so I can kill everything at the same time and not stop to loot.

Deleted
    I don't think a DPS class need a taunt. I'm actually surprised they didn't trim in out of the other DPS classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I don't think a DPS class need a taunt. I'm actually surprised they didn't trim in out of the other DPS classes as well.
    Care to elaborate a bit on why you think that?

Added utility is a good thing, period, at least in my opinion. I'm genuinely curious to hear your point of view though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    They actually did in the beginning of the legion beta but every one complained to they gave taunt back to specs with tanks off specs but since havoc never had a taunt before they never had one to give back.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I think it more based on Lore,
    Because? Havoc is unable to "Torment" ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostLancelot View Post
    Care to elaborate a bit on why you think that?

Added utility is a good thing, period, at least in my opinion. I'm genuinely curious to hear your point of view though.
    He said he's surprised they didn't trim it, not that he considers it either a bad or good decision. And it is surprising, considering that they pruned almost all other utility tools such as DK presences and Shaman totems, but left taunts. It's an inconsistent and surprising design choice, it has nothing to do with him disliking utility.

I really think you're all underestimating the squishiness of havoc *and until 106 they are beyond squishy, like my mage takes less damage*.., but regardless, this has been brought up in beta numerous times and it probably just isnt something the developers feel havoc needs

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Havoc can offtank like a Feral with Guardian Affinity in Bear Form, or even plate DPS classes. Havoc DH have almost no mitigation and low self healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet it's temporary. Just to keep all the derpies who don't read from adding it to their DPS rotation -- and taunting everything.

Because they're DPS.

Why doesnt Mage have a taunt?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Because they're DPS.

Why doesnt Mage have a taunt?
    Why do DPS death knights, monks, paladins and warriors have a taunt?

I'd love to be able to pull squishy/low level mobs without killing them with glaive throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    This may have been discussed before but perhaps someone here has an explanation for this.

My understanding of class design going forward was that any class that had a tanking spec would retain their single target taunt, for example feral druids can still growl - arms warriors taunt etc. Is there a reason that this has not been applied to havok demon hunters?

I realise it's not a big deal, but am curious if there is a reason behind it.
    because it is not the tank class. simple.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivoze View Post
    Why do DPS death knights, monks, paladins and warriors have a taunt?

I'd love to be able to pull squishy/low level mobs without killing them with glaive throw.
    Too bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Too bad for you.
    nice contribution to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    He said he's surprised they didn't trim it, not that he considers it either a bad or good decision. And it is surprising, considering that they pruned almost all other utility tools such as DK presences and Shaman totems, but left taunts. It's an inconsistent and surprising design choice, it has nothing to do with him disliking utility.
    It's not inconsistent at all since taunts are used in current raid tier as standard utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

They have. It is called pulling and dps before tank gets the chance.