Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ehh, ramp up doesn't begin to cover current Demo. Aff had ramp up in WoD. In Legion, Demo's ramp up has ramp up. And Demonic Empowerment makes me miss Improved Soulfire even for Affliction spec.

For Demo and Destro, sure. Affli's Artifact is a steaming pile of Felhunter crap that relies on there being tons of adds to not be subpar compared to any other Artifact around.
    That's because the Gold talents were designed around the original way the artifact worked - originally, there were always "adds" to kill because the artifact itself generated them, the warlock could target and kill them. Except they changed that so now you don;t get those. But they never updated the other artifact talents to reflect this, so basically, they are more orless useless in fights where there aren;t load sof adds.

And guess what, I bet that affliction was "balanced" around the buffs Reap Soul originally reliably gave....but now it doesn't.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm confused. You seem drunk again but this time your spelling did not suffer.
    you're not my supervisor!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Title is pretty much self explanatory.
    At least wait untill you're 110 and geared up for raids.
    People should calm dafuq down.
    The problem being
    a) Lots of the moaning is BASED on being 110. People in high end guilds were already considering or outright stating that they were dumping warlocks because they were mediocre and brought nothing to the raid before the nerfs, let alone after.
    b) Most people want to have a clear idea of what spec is optimal before we're 110 and geared for raids. It's frustrating enough when what spec you're playing switches and suddenly you want different items, let alone when you've also got your artifact to be worried about.
    c) Lots of it isn't number issues, it's basic class design and we will NOT be getting huge class changes this late in. Soul Effigy is here to stay, random ass chaos bolts are here to stay, core abilities being relegated to talents will persist etc.

If Blizzard wanted a calm warlock userbase they should have made some effort to, if not design the class well, at least balance it somewhat before launch.
    When you're still making large number swings a fortnight from release, yes, you're going to have a grumpy and flustered playerbase. Blizzard have no one to blame but themselves.

All this moaning just make newcomer players dump their Warlock and go play something else.
    Well at least we're doing some good.

Topic title should be "Any Changes At All Make People Lose Their Shit". Yes, it happens to be pre-patch right now, but any time Blizzard changes anything at all related to warlocks this forum erupts in an orgy of whining. It's honestly pretty tiring.

I wonder what Fire would look like if they took the destruction approach to their talents....

Blink - talent
    Watered Down Combustion talent
    Baseline Mirror Images :O
    Rune of Power's duration reduced by haste. Just so they always get the same amount of spells in the window Kappa...
    Ice floes replaced by Scorch as a talent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I wonder what Fire would look like if they took the destruction approach to their talents....

Blink - talent
    Watered Down Combustion talent
    Baseline Mirror Images :O
    Rune of Power's duration reduced by haste. Just so they always get the same amount of spells in the window Kappa...
    Ice floes replaced by Scorch as a talent...
    This reminds me of an apt analogy someone (don't remember who) made a while back. What they did to destruction dps cooldown is the same as if fire mages got the following change:

Fire Mage:
    - Combustion has been removed and replaced with Summon Water Elemental: summons a Water Elemental to attack your target for 25 seconds. 3 min cooldown. Consumes a Hot Streak! proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, a lot of us actually want to play warlock.
    This is where I stand. I'll play warlock because in the cast of ranged dps, this is the only class I like but it frustrate me to think about all the fun stuff we lost during the last two expansions (my most missed spell will definitly be Demonic Leap)

I was asked to reroll (from mage) due to numbers of mages and locks and came here to this section to see how things are going with locks and now i'm not sure i'll reroll anymore
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I will say im a little confused, as mages were still good, better than locks at cap. These nerfs don't make alot of sense to me, but I will assume Blizz knows what they are doing with locks. (lol)
    If you have been following up to date logs from good guilds mages and warlock both have their features they excelled. Any wreak havoc botanist and nightmare drsgons no one could touch destro double roaring blaze and if you looked at the theory of sims for nighthold 2 set with enough haste easy to get ppl could do confl every 6 seconds x3 charges so they were doing 3x or 4x exponential on an immolate cuz of roaring blaze at 60 % it was looking to end up beiny 30-40 % of our dmg single target in theory for nightold 40-50% being 2 target botanist mythic whole fight wreak havoc triple or quadruple conf buffed immos. They were broken in certain aspecrs even emerald havocing this.

But they do need to compensate the inc buff was s 1-2 % fix compared to a flat 5-10 % st nerf. We will still king at abusing havoc wit nightold 2 set

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I was asked to reroll (from mage) due to numbers of mages and locks and came here to this section to see how things are going with locks and now i'm not sure i'll reroll anymore
    Dont do it, right now, its a trap.. :/
    Go Hunter if you have to many mages, they are comparable good.

I beg to differ.
    I dont believe Blizzard will leave specs, let alone an entire class in the dumpster for the rest of the expansion.
    If something is broken, and underperforming, it will be fixed. Im talking weeks here, not months.
    Have you played the game for 5 minutes? Someone brought up mages already but lets not forget how quickly blizzard nerfed Demonbolt in highmaul(killing the spec completely), and yet let arcane mages run rampant for an entire expansion. I may be mis-rembering here but I don't think demonbolt could ever burst 1m+ dps on pulls with lucky procs.

Most competitive raid guilds (I'm sure we have VERY different opinions about what constitutes as competitive based off of your comments in this thread) require you to have 2-3 raid ready characters for progression. How could I possibly justify playing and gearing a warlock on the hope that blizzard fixes ONE of the specs, when I could just pick something I know 100% will be good. Fire mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest OR literally anything melee that isnt a feral / ret.

Let's pretend that Blizzard gave destro(the only raid spec that can be saved without reworking) some pretty hefty tuning buffs, why would I bring a destro lock over a fire mage? Mages have a significantly larger toolkit in the movement and survivability departments that make them valuable raid assets.

Title is pretty much self explanatory.
    At least wait untill you're 110 and geared up for raids.
    People should calm dafuq down.
    All this moaning just make newcomer players dump their Warlock and go play something else.
    Are you not the same guy who complained about a pre patch vengeance demon hunter killing you in wpvp?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Are you not the same guy who complained about a pre patch vengeance demon hunter killing you in wpvp?
    Yes he is
    /10char

I rerolled lock already, and I love my lock. No matter how much they nerf it I will stick with it. Many of the people here have very valid points. I guess I will go Destruction MS/ Demo OS for my specs? I love affliction, and really wish it was more viable, and if it was then I would probably go Destruction MS / Affliction OS.

I would prefer overall to leave Destruction out of the equation, and would LOVE to go Demo / Affliction. =(
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Yes he is
    /10char
    And the same guy that complained about nerfs last month.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yes he is, and he also threatened to break a guy's jaw (over the internet, of course). Perfect candidate for the "duh locks r fine" club.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkulls View Post
    Have you played the game for 5 minutes? Someone brought up mages already but lets not forget how quickly blizzard nerfed Demonbolt in highmaul(killing the spec completely), and yet let arcane mages run rampant for an entire expansion. I may be mis-rembering here but I don't think demonbolt could ever burst 1m+ dps on pulls with lucky procs.

Most competitive raid guilds (I'm sure we have VERY different opinions about what constitutes as competitive based off of your comments in this thread) require you to have 2-3 raid ready characters for progression. How could I possibly justify playing and gearing a warlock on the hope that blizzard fixes ONE of the specs, when I could just pick something I know 100% will be good. Fire mage, Hunter, Shadow Priest OR literally anything melee that isnt a feral / ret.

Let's pretend that Blizzard gave destro(the only raid spec that can be saved without reworking) some pretty hefty tuning buffs, why would I bring a destro lock over a fire mage? Mages have a significantly larger toolkit in the movement and survivability departments that make them valuable raid assets.
    Health stones, portal and Havoc. If Destruction pulls good numbers we'd easily be a very viable spec despite it being clunky and unfun, stop being so melodramatic.

While destruction has the potential to be a good raiding spec with some number tweaks, affliction and demo are most likely fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm QQing about my lock too.

Goodbye farming in demo

10+ Year Old Account
    I beg to differ.
    I dont believe Blizzard will leave specs, let alone an entire class in the dumpster for the rest of the expansion.
    If something is broken, and underperforming, it will be fixed. Im talking weeks here, not months.
    It happened in Cataclysm. Demo was by their own admission a clusterfuck, Destro was shit and a clusterfuck. That left Aff, which started out a clusterfuck and took months to fix.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-08-17 at 04:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's so bad about Destruction?

It has very decent cleave, excels at quickly taking out adds and its aoe is decent too.

Demo has super strong burst aoe with Implosion and somewhat ok aoe/cleave (with Implostion/Darkglare).

Affliction will always be good at council fights and apparently now at aoe too.